2020 Browns

Home Forums Sports

slingshot4ever

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 11:41 PM

Why don’t you attempt to ice the kicker there?

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 11:42 PM

What a fucking way to lose. Offense looks so good and our defense can’t do shit. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 11:43 PM

I’m sorry...has anyone seen any resemblance of any cramping issue from Lamar?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 11:45 PM
posted by iclfan2

What a fucking way to lose. Offense looks so good and our defense can’t do shit. 

That’s tough. Reminded me of a Big 12 game. AFC North 3 playoff teams. Too bad it’s not the Bengals instead of the Ravens.

BRF

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 11:45 PM

Damn. 

It was a helluva game. 

Lots to think about. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 11:49 PM

Brutal. Who didn’t think Kareem needed to be tackled at the 7? That was so obviously too fast of a score. Ugh. Had a legit shot at the division with a win here, now have to likely win 2/3 to face the AFCS winner.

Gardens35

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 11:51 PM

Nice to see a Browns team play wire to wire!

mhs95_06

Mon, Dec 14, 2020 11:56 PM
posted by Ironman92

I’m sorry...has anyone seen any resemblance of any cramping issue from Lamar?

Yes, when they showed a clip from him, going into the locker room, it looked like the way he was walking, almost trying to jog, that his right calf was cramped up.  also in the 4th and five when he threw for the TD instead of taking the wide open run for the safe first down, I don't think he would have done that if his legs were okay.

In fact I thought both he and Baker were dumb risking drive stopping incomplete passes on 4th and 5 when they each had broken open for easy runs for 1st downs.  But both got away with it with TD passes.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 6:15 AM
posted by mhs95_06

Yes, when they showed a clip from him, going into the locker room, it looked like the way he was walking, almost trying to jog, that his right calf was cramped up.  also in the 4th and five when he threw for the TD instead of taking the wide open run for the safe first down, I don't think he would have done that if his legs were okay.

In fact I thought both he and Baker were dumb risking drive stopping incomplete passes on 4th and 5 when they each had broken open for easy runs for 1st downs.  But both got away with it with TD passes.

Probably a safer run in the runway of the stadium that way...ran out that way too. On that 4th and 5 he was motoring to his right immediately and receiver released...could’ve been a hell of a play scheme.

He was running and jumping around everywhere.

Gardens35

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 11:04 AM

Raise your hand if you miss OBJ.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 11:44 AM
posted by Gardens35

Raise your hand if you miss OBJ.

I thought I was the only one who realized how big his impact was! Never wanted him traded and thought it was bad he was hurt. But did think it would help Baker to not lock in on him — and I think that aspect is true.

Al Bundy

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 12:07 PM
posted by Laley23

Brutal. Who didn’t think Kareem needed to be tackled at the 7? That was so obviously too fast of a score. Ugh. Had a legit shot at the division with a win here, now have to likely win 2/3 to face the AFCS winner.

The Ravens play the Jags, Giants, and Bengals, it may take 3/3 to stay ahead of them for the #5 seed.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 12:21 PM
posted by Al Bundy

The Ravens play the Jags, Giants, and Bengals, it may take 3/3 to stay ahead of them for the #5 seed.

Didn’t realize they had such an easy schedule. Although, Bills/Colts/Titans...I may pick Bills out of that group anyway. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 15, 2020 4:53 PM

You score FORTY-TWO f#cking points you should WIN a football game. And  f#ck you Parkey...you god damn KICKER. And screw you too, Joe Woods, for watching the running back, who's been given the title "quarterback", play fake you all night long on that read option keeper. Dumbass.

The bright side is that Mayfield has progressed over this year and should be worth giving his 5th year option. The Titans defense aren't juggernauts but he just put up 300+ yards and 40+ points on two likely playoff teams.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 9:50 AM

Jason Garrett has tested positive for Covid. Kentucky Fried Freddie will be calling the plays for the Giants Sunday night and it's looking like Colt McCoy could be the starting QB.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 11:07 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Jason Garrett has tested positive for Covid. Kentucky Fried Freddie will be calling the plays for the Giants Sunday night and it's looking like Colt McCoy could be the starting QB.

Cleveland’s year

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 1:38 PM
posted by Ironman92

Cleveland’s year

I'm not so sure of that. I'd feel a lot more confident had they beaten Baltimore. I just keep having flashbacks of 2007 and have seen scenarios where they could finish 11-5 and still lose out on tiebreakers. Highly unlikely but the beating the NY teams is a must.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 4:39 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm not so sure of that. I'd feel a lot more confident had they beaten Baltimore. I just keep having flashbacks of 2007 and have seen scenarios where they could finish 11-5 and still lose out on tiebreakers. Highly unlikely but the beating the NY teams is a must.

Oh I know...I see things that looks like the Cleveland misfortunes might be getting over the hump and then the kicker can’t make an extra point and things like that.

I’ve watched them 6-7x this season and one thing I’ve noticed...the coaching staff isn’t  doing blatantly dumb things.

They need to do big things while Chubb and Garrett are big time players

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 4:52 PM
posted by Ironman92

I’ve watched them 6-7x this season and one thing I’ve noticed...the coaching staff is doing blatantly dumb things.

??? Like what?

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 5:14 PM
posted by Laley23
??? Like what?

Isn’t...sorry

Al Bundy

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 7:43 PM
posted by Ironman92

Oh I know...I see things that looks like the Cleveland misfortunes might be getting over the hump and then the kicker can’t make an extra point and things like that.

I’ve watched them 6-7x this season and one thing I’ve noticed...the coaching staff isn’t  doing blatantly dumb things.

They need to do big things while Chubb and Garrett are big time players

The only blatantly dumb thing that I can think of is the fake punt against the Ravens at the beginning of the first game. We basically gave them a touchdown, and it set the tone for the game.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 8:01 PM
posted by Ironman92

Isn’t...sorry

Gotcha. Yeah, every coach is going to have questionable play calls here and there, but he does the little things well. Manages clock, understands challenges etc. Along with having specific game plans for each team and for the most part executing them. I’ve been impressed.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 8:44 PM

Giants top corner, James Bradberry, has also been put on the Covid list and will miss this game. Hopefully, Baker will feast. 

He's 7 TD's away from tying Brian Sipe's franchise record for TD passes (30) in a season. Thirty TD passes is pretty sad for a franchise record. He (Baker) won't pass Sipe's yardage record which I think is 4132.

BRF

Thu, Dec 17, 2020 9:19 PM
posted by BR1986FB

He's 7 TD's away from tying Brian Sipe's franchise record for TD passes (30) in a season. Thirty TD passes is pretty sad for a franchise record. He (Baker) won't pass Sipe's yardage record which I think is 4132.

When Gardens pointed out that Baker was the first to throw for 4 TD’s in a half, I was stunned that neither Sipe nor Kosar had ever done that at some point.  Thirty really is pretty sad for a franchise record. 

I gotta admit, I had a wtf moment when Ironman92 typed about blatantly bad decisions.  But before I even read his correction, I felt that he must have meant to type “isn’t”.  😎

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 6:33 AM
posted by BRF

When Gardens pointed out that Baker was the first to throw for 4 TD’s in a half, I was stunned that neither Sipe nor Kosar had ever done that at some point.  Thirty really is pretty sad for a franchise record. 

I gotta admit, I had a wtf moment when Ironman92 typed about blatantly bad decisions.  But before I even read his correction, I felt that he must have meant to type “isn’t”.  😎

Still say Sipe was better than Kosar. Bernie has been overrated by a lot of Browns fans. If you look at his stats, he was an average to above average QB.

My earlier comment about losing out on a tiebreaker could happen after last night. Raiders lost Carr and are pretty much out of the playoffs and will have nothing to play for against Miami. If Miami somehow runs the table against NE, LV & Buffalo (who could be sitting people due to locking up a seed) the Browns could be in trouble if Indy also runs the table.