2020 Browns

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 7:53 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Still say Sipe was better than Kosar. Bernie has been overrated by a lot of Browns fans. If you look at his stats, he was an average to above average QB.

My earlier comment about losing out on a tiebreaker could happen after last night. Raiders lost Carr and are pretty much out of the playoffs and will have nothing to play for against Miami. If Miami somehow runs the table against NE, LV & Buffalo (who could be sitting people due to locking up a seed) the Browns could be in trouble if Indy also runs the table.

Nah...Browns are in

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 8:16 AM
posted by Ironman92

Nah...Browns are in

Pulling your best "thavoice" I see. Dolphins could win out, Baltimore likely wins out and if Indy and Tenn (although they do play the Packers) win out, the Browns are out. All of the scenarios I mentioned aren't impossible.

Gardens35

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Speaking of overrated QB's and their stats, my go to is Joe Namath. In his best season he threw for 4007 yards, 52% completions, 26 touchdowns and 28 interceptions.

Overall career, 27,000+ yards, 50% completions, 173 touchdowns, and 220 interceptions.

Won/Loss record as a starter 62-63 with 4 ties.

That super cool cat is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:21 AM
posted by Gardens35

Speaking of overrated QB's and their stats, my go to is Joe Namath. In his best season he threw for 4007 yards, 52% completions, 26 touchdowns and 28 interceptions.

Overall career, 27,000+ yards, 50% completions, 173 touchdowns, and 220 interceptions.

Won/Loss record as a starter 62-63 with 4 ties.

That super cool cat is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Namath & Terry Bradshaw both had crappy stats. Their saving grace was their Super Bowl victories.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:49 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Pulling your best "thavoice" I see. Dolphins could win out, Baltimore likely wins out and if Indy and Tenn (although they do play the Packers) win out, the Browns are out. All of the scenarios I mentioned aren't impossible.

The Browns are in. They are quite good offensively with Chubb and all those teams aren’t running the table. Screw your bull crap comparison. I don’t care if the Browns make the playoffs.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:50 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Breowns won’t make the playoffs!

Gardens35

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:55 AM

New York Media, and New Yorkers absolutely loved Broadway Joe! 

Two "pretty good" seasons including a Super Bowl guaranteed win, and BAM......Hall of Fame.

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 12:24 PM
posted by Ironman92

The Browns are in. They are quite good offensively with Chubb and all those teams aren’t running the table. Screw your bull crap comparison. I don’t care if the Browns make the playoffs.

Oh, I know the Browns are a good team. In fact, right now they're better than Pittsburgh but until they (Browns) are in the playoffs, I'm not banking on anything. I think the Browns (maybe Bills) are the only team that can go toe to toe with KC, offensively, but they'd probably lose 76-75, in regulation, with that putrid defense.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 2:49 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Oh, I know the Browns are a good team. In fact, right now they're better than Pittsburgh but until they (Browns) are in the playoffs, I'm not banking on anything. I think the Browns (maybe Bills) are the only team that can go toe to toe with KC, offensively, but they'd probably lose 76-75, in regulation, with that putrid defense.

I understand and respect the skepticism but they are in. Agree they are better than Steelers. Give me back Dupree and Ben hitting 3 passes over 15 yards and I’ll disagree but Browns are better fit to win in the playoffs right now. Things can change in 3 weeks and hopefully does.

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

I understand and respect the skepticism but they are in. Agree they are better than Steelers. Give me back Dupree and Ben hitting 3 passes over 15 yards and I’ll disagree but Browns are better fit to win in the playoffs right now. Things can change in 3 weeks and hopefully does.

I'm obviously not a doctor but I think he (Roethlisberger) either has a tired arm or that elbow hasn't fully recovered. He looks like a Big 12 QB with all of those short slants, bubble screens, etc. I honestly don't think he can make all of the throws he used to. As a couple of you Steeler fans have mentioned, they've become very one dimensional (can't run the ball) which doesn't bode well heading into the playoffs.

As far as the Browns go, I saw something where they said if certain teams win (Bills, Rams, Seahawks) they are in but the Titans were also on that list? Trying to figure that out because I think the Colts could leapfrog them if they win out and the Titans drop one. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 11:45 PM

Titans are in if they win and Baltimore loses.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 19, 2020 9:05 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm obviously not a doctor but I think he (Roethlisberger) either has a tired arm or that elbow hasn't fully recovered. He looks like a Big 12 QB with all of those short slants, bubble screens, etc. I honestly don't think he can make all of the throws he used to. As a couple of you Steeler fans have mentioned, they've become very one dimensional (can't run the ball) which doesn't bode well heading into the playoffs.

As far as the Browns go, I saw something where they said if certain teams win (Bills, Rams, Seahawks) they are in but the Titans were also on that list? Trying to figure that out because I think the Colts could leapfrog them if they win out and the Titans drop one. 

I think Ben’s afraid of getting hurt/hit and plays are instant quick passes. I think he’s going to retire, knows it and doesn’t want to get injured.

BR1986FB

Sat, Dec 19, 2020 1:54 PM
posted by Ironman92

I think Ben’s afraid of getting hurt/hit and plays are instant quick passes. I think he’s going to retire, knows it and doesn’t want to get injured.

That's makes a lot of sense. It seems like historically he's been sacked quite a bit, much of that due to him holding the ball too long/trying to extend plays. I know they have a solid O-Line but has it improved that much that he's been sacked less than 15x's?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 11:11 AM
posted by BR1986FB

That's makes a lot of sense. It seems like historically he's been sacked quite a bit, much of that due to him holding the ball too long/trying to extend plays. I know they have a solid O-Line but has it improved that much that he's been sacked less than 15x's?

Every game it seems the announcers constantly are praising how quick he gets rid of the ball. While ignoring minor details like how those passes he gets rid of in 2.1 seconds are mostly 5-yard dump offs where the receiver has to break 5 tackles just to get a first down. So, I'd say the "get rid of the ball immediately" thing is the biggest factor is his low sack totals this year.

I'd say that if we're talking the line's effectiveness, I'd gauge that partially by simply noting how they haven't had a remotely effective running game for the past however many weeks.

gut

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 4:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

I think his OL can't hold a block for more than 2 seconds....Not think, it's an observation from someone who's watched every game they've played this year.  Ben would be getting hit every other play if he held the ball longer than 2.2 seconds.

His arm is definitely fine.  Don't know if he has a knee issue - he claims not to.  But don't worry, they spent an entire practice on throwing the ball deep!  I joke, but it's the OC that calls the plays.

But same offense they ran last year. Defenses made the same adjustment, and PIT never adjusted.  Again, that's all Tomlin and the OC.

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 7:22 PM

Dolphins, who are the main team to watch, won again today. Browns can't afford to slip up and may need to win out.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 7:35 PM

They should win tonight, but when are you not nervous vs a Mccoy Kitchens revenge game? Baker needs to stay hot

BRF

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 7:45 PM
posted by iclfan2

They should win tonight, but when are you not nervous vs a Mccoy Kitchens revenge game? Baker needs to stay hot

Right.  I’m nervous.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 8:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Dolphins, who are the main team to watch, won again today. Browns can't afford to slip up and may need to win out.

Colts held on again...Texans fumble at the goal line. Texans have done this 2-3 times now 

BRF

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 8:31 PM

Really dumb Giants don’t go for FG, IMO. 

Gardens35

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 8:35 PM

Thanks Freddie.

Gardens35

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 8:57 PM

End of 1st, down 3-0. Not much of a running game yet, but receivers are open and Mayfield is slinging it in there.

Gardens35

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 9:00 PM

Evidently Collinsworth agrees.

BRF

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 9:04 PM

And now, do not relinquish the lead!

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Dec 20, 2020 9:08 PM

Nice drive by Baker. Defense step up