2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 8:49 PM

The pass to a wide open AB....did Ben do that on purpose? Lol it was god awful from 9 yards away

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 9:11 PM

I feel that the Steelers defensive backfield is being coached by Ike Taylor

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 9:24 PM

Worst crack back block call in the history of the world

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 11:24 PM

This is as off target as I’ve ever seen Ben. He was worse than the defense.

Odd

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 30, 2018 11:29 PM

Not surprised they lost but that was head scratching

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 7:50 AM
posted by Ironman92

I feel that the Steelers defensive backfield is being coached by Ike Taylor

Saw Joe Haden get torched on that first TD and was like "don't miss that one bit."

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 8:58 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Saw Joe Haden get torched on that first TD and was like "don't miss that one bit."

The only difference for the Browns is the name on the back of the jersey, because I saw our secondary get torched by a very average Jared Cook. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:44 AM
posted by Ironman92

Not surprised they lost but that was head scratching

You think they have the momentum going into the half, the defense actually plays like professionals and holds Baltimore to nothing but field goals in the second half...but the offense turns completely impotent and can't move the ball to save their lives. Bizarre. So far, they're looking like they've lost their mojo completely as a contending team. Plenty of time to turn things around, but they're not really giving any indications that they're going to. One game where they had a great first half and then barely held on to win; two weeks where they fell in a big hole early on, came back to tie it and never got over the hump and one week where they seemingly had it won, but blew a two-TD lead down the stretch and had to settle for a tie. Not inspiring at all. At least I had beer and shots to get me through!

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:57 AM
posted by Heretic

You think they have the momentum going into the half, the defense actually plays like professionals and holds Baltimore to nothing but field goals in the second half...but the offense turns completely impotent and can't move the ball to save their lives. Bizarre. So far, they're looking like they've lost their mojo completely as a contending team. Plenty of time to turn things around, but they're not really giving any indications that they're going to. One game where they had a great first half and then barely held on to win; two weeks where they fell in a big hole early on, came back to tie it and never got over the hump and one week where they seemingly had it won, but blew a two-TD lead down the stretch and had to settle for a tie. Not inspiring at all. At least I had beer and shots to get me through!

Look on the bright side....they have Atlanta at home next week. Nothing cures and offenses' woes like a soft ass Atlanta defense. Score should be 52-49.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 10:40 PM

Broncos gonna kick off Chiefs

Raiders had Denver beat at Mile High but got winded bad.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 10:58 PM

Holy Shit....who all saw that? Wow. It factor much?

superman

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:06 PM
posted by Ironman92

Holy Shit....who all saw that? Wow. It factor much?

The left handed throw? That was nuts.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:09 PM
posted by superman

The left handed throw? That was nuts.

In raging Denver, last chance possession with a HOF on your heels in the backfield

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:10 PM

Regardless of who wins...I gotta give COA credit. I think we all mostly agreed Mahomes was the real deal but COA always pumped his greatness to be.

He is something special to say the least.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:14 PM

Hell of a game

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:17 PM

Last play basically...a lot like Cincy/Falcons game...Falcons dropped a seal win Int....Chiefs just did

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:20 PM

Crazy game....If Chiefs defender doesn’t get his hand in there the hook and lateral might’ve worked. Announcers going crazy a bit but he would’ve been tackled with 9-10 seconds left had he just caught it. Pretty iffy on being able to clock it that quickly 

mhs95_06

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:24 PM

Great play call, and almost pulled it off, on the hook and ladder on 4th and 11 at the KC 30 yd line with 16 sec left and no time outs.  I think that had a much better chance to win it than completing it for a first down, trying to get it clocked in time, and successfully taking a 15+ yd shot into the EZ on one last play.

mhs95_06

Mon, Oct 1, 2018 11:26 PM
posted by mhs95_06

Great play call, and almost pulled it off, on the hook and ladder on 4th and 11 at the KC 30 yd line with 16 sec left and no time outs.  I think that had a much better chance to win it than completing it for a first down, trying to get it clocked in time, and successfully taking a 15+ yd shot into the EZ on one last play.

A quick defensive wrap up after the pass was grabbed thwarted the well set up play.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Oct 2, 2018 7:56 AM
posted by BR1986FB

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/LeVeon-Bell-Browns-Colts-Eagles-49ers-Jets-2019-NFL-Free-Agency-122783924/

As COA likes to say, FA is fool's gold.  Most of the top NFL GMs agree and if you see most successful franchises it's true.  Fuck paying Bell the type of money he is demanding.  He will be 27 next season, which is pretty old for NFL RBs in dog years. 

Keep investing in the young guys on the roster and hopefully making good draft picks.

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 2, 2018 8:23 AM
posted by like_that

As COA likes to say, FA is fool's gold.  Most of the top NFL GMs agree and if you see most successful franchises it's true.  Fuck paying Bell the type of money he is demanding.  He will be 27 next season, which is pretty old for NFL RBs in dog years. 

Keep investing in the young guys on the roster and hopefully making good draft picks.

Just posting the link. He's a great talent but a) he's getting older and b) he's a "me first" malcontent. I'm fine with a 1-2 punch of Chubb & Duke, letting Hyde walk, and maybe drafting a backup RB later in the draft.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Oct 2, 2018 8:46 AM

I really hope the Jets stay far away.

TrollerCoaster

Tue, Oct 2, 2018 9:14 PM

Imagine Nick Mangold in the same huddle as Sam Darnold.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Oct 3, 2018 7:46 AM
posted by TrollerCoaster

Imagine Nick Mangold in the same huddle as Sam Darnold.

Zunardo---is that you?!?