2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 4:25 PM

Damn, wanted Carolina to lose. Cam's a douche. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 4:32 PM
posted by justincredible

Gano kicks a 63-yarder to beat the Giants.

Wow

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 4:39 PM

Darnold throws a 76-yard TD earlier, Rosen throws a 75-yard TD a few minutes ago.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 4:40 PM

Meanwhile, Josh Allen tosses for 82-yards and an INT today.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 5:01 PM
posted by justincredible

Meanwhile, Josh Allen tosses for 82-yards and an INT today.

In a win over a 3-1 team

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 5:52 PM

PIttsburgh won and actually looked like a competent and cohesive game for more time than they didn't. Scoring big against Atlanta wasn't a surprise, but not letting them drive up and down the field at will was.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 5:54 PM
posted by Heretic

PIttsburgh won and actually looked like a competent and cohesive game for more time than they didn't. Scoring big against Atlanta wasn't a surprise, but not letting them drive up and down the field at will was.

I saw zero plays lol....figures. Oh well.

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 6:43 PM

Watching these games, the tackling in the league is so poor. Just noticed it in the Philly/Minnesota game and for as much as I like his impact, the Browns Denzel Ward is pretty bad at it. Lowers his shoulder, delivers the hit, and the guy bounces off of him.

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 7, 2018 7:04 PM

Lol what happened to this "super defense" the Rams were supposed to have put together?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Oct 8, 2018 10:57 AM

Speaking of lol, Jason Garrett punted on the Houston 42 on 4th-and-1 in OT yesterday because "it was a long 1". Houston then drove for the game-winning field goal. That just adds a new level of hilarity to things.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Oct 8, 2018 11:03 AM
posted by Heretic

Speaking of lol, Jason Garrett punted on the Houston 42 on 4th-and-1 in OT yesterday because "it was a long 1". Houston then drove for the game-winning field goal. That just adds a new level of hilarity to things.

The fact that he hasn’t been fired yet drives me insane. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Oct 8, 2018 11:09 AM
posted by wildcats20

The fact that he hasn’t been fired yet drives me insane. 

It is bizarre.

1. Head coaches get fired constantly for not winning consistently or making the playoffs.

2. Jerry is an outspoken owner who loves making headlines.

3. Jerry keeps Garrett around even though the team has been mediocre for years under him.

It makes no sense. Basically comes off as being complacent at working for 8-8 years because he knows his team will be on national TV most every week no matter what.

BR1986FB

Mon, Oct 8, 2018 11:27 AM
posted by Heretic

It is bizarre.

1. Head coaches get fired constantly for not winning consistently or making the playoffs.

3. Jerry keeps Garrett around even though the team has been mediocre for years under him.

It makes no sense. Basically comes off as being complacent at working for 8-8 years because he knows his team will be on national TV most every week no matter what.

I think Jerry wants someone who he can keep under his thumb. Someone who doesn't have a strong personality, who will rock the boat. He already had that with Parcells & Jimmy Johnson.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 9, 2018 10:56 AM

Cincy at KC will be the SNF game in 2 weeks. Dropping LAR at SF. This paves the way for Rams at Chicago to be flexed later in the year. 

Crimson streak

Tue, Oct 9, 2018 4:00 PM

Chances the giants trade OBJ before the deadline? I’ll give it 50/50 

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 9, 2018 5:09 PM
posted by Crimson streak

Chances the giants trade OBJ before the deadline? I’ll give it 50/50 

Would look nice with Baker tossing him the ball next to his old buddy Landry.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Oct 9, 2018 5:51 PM
posted by BR1986FB

No thank you....not a team first guy 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Oct 9, 2018 5:57 PM

Good luck getting a team to take that contract. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Oct 9, 2018 5:59 PM
posted by Heretic

It is bizarre.

Points #1 and #3 remind me of another team in southwest Ohio. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Oct 10, 2018 12:11 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

No thank you....not a team first guy 

Or...is he exactly the opposite? Giants should’ve moved on from Eli long ago, and word is the players were looking at him as their leader and guy they rally behind to say something about the offense. So, he did, knowing the backlash it would cause.

Crimson streak

Wed, Oct 10, 2018 6:46 AM
posted by BR1986FB

The craziest part is he actually wants to be a Brown and he’s been pretty open about it too.  

SportsAndLady

Wed, Oct 10, 2018 7:04 AM
posted by Crimson streak

The craziest part is he actually wants to be a Brown and he’s been pretty open about it too.  

Pretty sure he was just saying that to help convince NYG to give him that contract.