2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

mhs95_06

Sun, Sep 16, 2018 7:49 PM

Carlson and Gonzalez need to be thinking about how they will earn income after their NFL place kicking careers!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 16, 2018 7:51 PM

Man that roughing the passer by Clay Mathews Jr....I completely disagree with that. He didn’t lift him off the ground...he was off ground as contact was made.

mhs95_06

Sun, Sep 16, 2018 9:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

Man that roughing the passer by Clay Mathews Jr....I completely disagree with that. He didn’t lift him off the ground...he was off ground as contact was made.

Yes, that was a terrrible call and it negated the game winning interception for the Packers.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 16, 2018 10:18 PM

Eli got smoked...geesh

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 16, 2018 11:12 PM

That’s the hardest I’ve ever seen a camera man hit lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 12:44 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/1041708748195225600

Sounds like Crowell. Nice pick NYG!

I know you are usually right on this stuff but it is a bit early to finalize him being picked at #2 as a bad pick

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 12:49 PM

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/1041708748195225600

Sounds like Crowell. Nice pick NYG!

I'm wasn't a Darnold fan coming out of the draft but I get the feeling the NYG's will end up regretting not taking him. Number 2 just way too high for a RB.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 1:18 PM
posted by Ironman92

I know you are usually right on this stuff but it is a bit early to finalize him being picked at #2 as a bad pick

Considering they need a QB and their line is atrocious, I think it's a fair debate regarding drafting RBs that high.  Time will tell (it always does) on Saquan, but the Giants are building their offense ass backwards imo. 

This upcoming QB class is nowhere near the previous class imo.  I am willing to bet Giants fans will look back and wish they invested into a QB or the line. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 1:26 PM

Barkley breaks every single first tackle. Problem is he gets hit twice every play behind the LOS. He makes incredible 0 yard rushes. The O-line is doing him no favors and Eli Manning sucks. What do you expect? 

That being said, they should have gone with Darnold. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 1:38 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Barkley breaks every single first tackle. Problem is he gets hit twice every play behind the LOS. He makes incredible 0 yard rushes. The O-line is doing him no favors and Eli Manning sucks. What do you expect? 

Even Nelson would have made sense. Outside of a kicker/punter, they went with the least valuable position in football. Hell trade for Bell, lolfail NYG.

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 1:47 PM

RB, at that spot, is an extreme luxury pick. Only time you'd take a guy that high is if you were a team like the Patriots and somehow lucked into some scrub team's #2 pick, via trade, and you thought Barkley was the missing piece. And even then I'd be extremely hesitant.

Not to mention the short shelf life on the NFL RB which is typically about 3-5 years of high productivity. Probably why Pittsburgh's giving Bell the big "F-U" after he turned down a fair deal.

Let's say Darnold turns out to be a stud....you have him for 10-12 years or Barkley for maybe 4-6 years of high productivity? I'd take the QB.

thavoice

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 7:01 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Ditto to cleveland

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 7:18 PM
posted by thavoice

Ditto to cleveland

Meh...no thanks

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Sep 17, 2018 10:59 PM

Da Bears

BR1986FB

Tue, Sep 18, 2018 3:20 PM

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/09/18/antonio-brown-trade-steelers-social-media-missed-meetings/stories/201809180117

"Antonio Brown didn't show up for work Monday"

Oh?

Heard this was for a "personal reason." A lot of Yinzer fans I know feel that if this keeps spiraling out of control (inmates running the asylum) they will blow up that coaching staff. Tomlin seems to have kind of a laid back approach to managing his players.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Sep 18, 2018 3:22 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Heard this was for a "personal reason." A lot of Yinzer fans I know feel that if this keeps spiraling out of control (inmates running the asylum) they will blow up that coaching staff. Tomlin seems to have kind of a laid back approach to managing his players.

It would be a shame if that franchise imploded...

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 19, 2018 8:10 AM
posted by like_that

It would be a shame if that franchise imploded...

Doubt that happens but that one scene from the Batman movie 'The Dark Knight Rises" happening might be even better....lol

SportsAndLady

Wed, Sep 19, 2018 8:17 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Doubt that happens but that one scene from the Batman movie 'The Dark Knight Rises" happening might be even better....lol

Lol. Bonus if the rat turds were in town. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Sep 23, 2018 1:41 PM

Cody Allen..holy shit!