2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Mon, Dec 24, 2018 2:20 PM

Yeah you’re right, I want freaky athleticism over record breaking production, too!

friendfromlowry

Mon, Dec 24, 2018 2:25 PM
posted by Ironman92

Man if the Steelers don’t make the playoffs....he is about reason 500 down the depth chart. Kid fumbled on a weird play where he was on top of the defender. Might’ve went on to miss tying FG (likely), tie it and lose in OT, GW TD or win in OT....4 pretty reasonable outcomes. That loss wasn’t his fault.

Kid JUST turned 22 a month ago. He’s going to have 110 receptions and 1500 yards. He added 20 lbs of muscle, improved his speed from last year. Kid is dynamite.

Don't forget when he laid out Burfict a couple years ago which at the time I hated but has since grown on me because god damn if Burfict isn't a fucking trash player. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 24, 2018 2:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah and I also see JuJu's freaky athleticism

You said he has the ability to elite....AB was elite before JuJu came around. AB being elite has helped JuJu as AB is often double teamed.

All I know is Roethlisberger is lucky two have two threats like that.

BR1986FB

Mon, Dec 24, 2018 2:47 PM
posted by Ironman92

You said he has the ability to elite....AB was elite before JuJu came around. AB being elite has helped JuJu as AB is often double teamed.

All I know is Roethlisberger is lucky two have two threats like that.

AB is 30. You said JuJu is 22. Assuming Pittsburgh has a decent QB by the time JuJu hits his prime (25-27) I think he can be better than AB and I'd take him now over AB because of age. Pittsburgh is fortunate in that they really don't have a #1 & #2 receiver...they have two #1's

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 3:41 PM

AB is arguably the second greatest WR to ever play. Yep...Juju for me too. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Moving forward, I get, because of age. But Juju will NEVER produce like AB has over the last half decade...for even 1 season. I can say that with 99% assurance.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 4:43 PM
posted by Laley23

AB is arguably the second greatest WR to ever play. Yep...Juju for me too. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Moving forward, I get, because of age. But Juju will NEVER produce like AB has over the last half decade...for even 1 season. I can say that with 99% assurance.

This. Juju over AB is just mind boggling. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 4:58 PM
posted by Laley23

Guess that's your own personal argument because he isn't top 30 all time.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:04 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Going on career stats or what?

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:11 PM
posted by Ironman92

Going on career stats or what?

Career stats he's 35th all time. He really took off after his 3rd season. Not that it means anything long-term, career-wise, but JuJu's actually put up better overall numbers in his first year and 15 games than AB put up in his first three seasons, total.

"Arguably" is purely subjective and based on opinion. I do think he'll finish in the top 10 though.

Eventually JuJu will be the #1 and AB's numbers will taper with age. The biggest factor that could stunt JuJu's production of the QB play. I doubt they find another Roethlisberger.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:20 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Lol what? 

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:26 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Lol what? 

Google is your friend. You can find the numbers there.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:28 PM

Is this real?

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:31 PM

Keenan McCardell > Antonio Brown 

/google’d

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

Is this real?

Yeah, why? Rice, TO, Fitz, Moss all WAY ahead of him but he's "arguably" top 2? I bring up the term "eye test" all the time and I get numbers thrown in my face. AB's only played 9 seasons so he has some time to catch these guys but he's not "arguably" top two when I'd take the guys I mentioned over him.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:44 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, why? Rice, TO, Fitz, Moss all WAY ahead of him but he's "arguably" top 2? I bring up the term "eye test" all the time and I get numbers thrown in my face. AB's only played 9 seasons so he has some time to catch these guys but he's not "arguably" top two when I'd take the guys I mentioned over him.

Of all people on here I appreciate the Pete Rose counting stats as much as anyone...on the other side how many can we name with 6 better seasons than AB has had....or 6 consecutive?

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 5:53 PM
posted by Ironman92

Of all people on here I appreciate the Pete Rose counting stars as much as anyone...on the other side how many can we name with 6 better seasons than AB has had....or 6 consecutive?

I'm not saying he can't finish top two because, assuming he plays another 5 years ( also assuming he doesn't have some scrub like Mason Rudolph throwing him the ball), he should end up 2nd all time but to say he is "arguably" right now is VERY debateable. 

Rice & Moss had better or comparable 6+ year stretches. Owens and Fitz did it over 5 before having down years and rebounding.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 6:49 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm not saying he can't finish top two because, assuming he plays another 5 years ( also assuming he doesn't have some scrub like Mason Rudolph throwing him the ball), he should end up 2nd all time but to say he is "arguably" right now is VERY debateable. 

Rice & Moss had better or comparable 6+ year stretches. Owens and Fitz did it over 5 before having down years and rebounding.

I never said 2nd but I definitely think he’s been elite and held it pretty well...I mean last year he led the league in receiving yards and did it in 14 games. He’s had the 4th and 6th biggest receiving yard seasons ever and still another year where he led the league. 6 straight years of 100+ receptions and this year is leading the NFL in TD....alongside a guy with 110 receptions and 1500 yards.

He’s not bad.

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 25, 2018 7:32 PM
posted by Ironman92

I never said 2nd but I definitely think he’s been elite and held it pretty well...I mean last year he led the league in receiving yards and did it in 14 games. He’s had the 4th and 6th biggest receiving yard seasons ever and still another year where he led the league. 6 straight years of 100+ receptions and this year is leading the NFL in TD....alongside a guy with 110 receptions and 1500 yards.

He’s not bad.

I don't think anyone's questioning him being elite. Just not ready to crown him as top 2 yet. He still has some work to do.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Dec 26, 2018 1:47 PM

Herbert staying for another year. Pretty much guaranteed Haskins as first qb taken. Just wonder who that’ll be (Jax/ NYG?). Should make Lock a first rounder and even possibly Duke’s qb.

BR1986FB

Wed, Dec 26, 2018 8:37 PM
posted by iclfan2

Herbert staying for another year. Pretty much guaranteed Haskins as first qb taken. Just wonder who that’ll be (Jax/ NYG?). Should make Lock a first rounder and even possibly Duke’s qb.

I think there are going to be a lot of QB's moving around this offseason (Eli, Bortles, Flacco, Bridgewater, maybe Carr) too.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 26, 2018 9:01 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I think there are going to be a lot of QB's moving around this offseason (Eli, Bortles, Flacco, Bridgewater, maybe Carr) too.

These guys swapping teams or any leads to where these guys are headed?

BR1986FB

Wed, Dec 26, 2018 11:10 PM
posted by Ironman92

These guys swapping teams or any leads to where these guys are headed?

Likely swapping teams. I've heard Flacco could land in Miami (guess add Tannehill to that list) with either Bridgewater or Carr to the NYG's. If Gruden sends Carr to NY, that would help out Barkley/OBJ significantly, I'd think. Eli probably replacing Bortles and who knows who'd want Bortles.

superman

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 9:19 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Likely swapping teams. I've heard Flacco could land in Miami (guess add Tannehill to that list) with either Bridgewater or Carr to the NYG's. If Gruden sends Carr to NY, that would help out Barkley/OBJ significantly, I'd think. Eli probably replacing Bortles and who knows who'd want Bortles.

What about Kap? /geeblock'd

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 9:33 AM

Can the Bengals get a new QB while we're at it? And head coach? And owner?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 9:38 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Can the Bengals get a new QB while we're at it? And head coach? And owner?

It has oddly been quiet on that front.