2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 11:49 PM

Kamara doesn’t come in my top 3 for Pro Bowl. McCaffery would be my 3rd NFC back, but hard to argue against any of the 3 who made it.

I’d probably go:

1. Gurley
  2. Saquon
  3. McCaffery
  4. Zeke
  5. Kamara

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 9:39 AM

Color me shocked, Josh Gordon "stepping away" from football again. Good riddance.

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 9:45 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Color me shocked, Josh Gordon "stepping away" from football again. Good riddance.

lol...you called this when the Pats signed him...what a waste

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 9:52 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Maybe I’m late to this party but his odds of getting it together sit firmly at 0%

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 9:56 AM
posted by Ironman92

Maybe I’m late to this party but his odds of getting it together sit firmly at 0%

It's already coming out that he violated terms of his reinstatment under the substance abuse policy, so I am going to go with 0% as well.  Another suspension will be dropping.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 10:00 AM

Well, if anyone thinks the downfall of the Patriots isn't here, they should be thinking it now. They looked old AF against Pittsburgh and now they are basically down to Edelman & Granny Gronk as their receiving threats. Not sure if even Brady can pull this kind of a miracle rabbit out of his ass.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 10:02 AM
posted by vball10set

lol...you called this when the Pats signed him...what a waste

Because I knew he wasn't going to turn it around. He was a habitual liar when he was in Cleveland, they coddled him, making it worse. As far as the "human" side goes, I was hoping he would get his life together but I wasn't wishing him any good fortune on the field after how he screwed this franchise over. Just a sad deal for him and everyone who had faith in him.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 10:14 AM
posted by like_that

It's already coming out that he violated terms of his reinstatment under the substance abuse policy, so I am going to go with 0% as well.  Another suspension will be dropping.

Sounds like more of a banning than a suspension coming.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 10:25 AM

Looks like the Browns weren’t so stupid to get rid of him. What a clown.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 11:15 AM
posted by like_that

I just can’t get it. Demons too strong or whatever. What a waste. I truly rooted for him to get it together during his Browns days.

A shorter term Josh Hamilton or just another deadbeat that is completely addicted and knows no other path.

I’ll never understand it, just pray it never happens in my immediate family.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 11:18 AM

Maybe Gordon is just cursed. Cleveland gets rid of him and they look like a respectable team now. New England got him and they actually lost to Pittsburgh this year. NOT A COINCIDENCE!!!!

Mulva

Thu, Dec 20, 2018 3:18 PM

I wish him the best as a human being, but I lol’d at phrasing it as “stepping away from football” as if being indefinitely suspended was a mutual decision

BR1986FB

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 11:22 AM
posted by iclfan2

Looks like the Browns weren’t so stupid to get rid of him. What a clown.

Dorsey has gotten the Hoodie twice. Danny Shelton has been a healthy scratch for several weeks.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 6:36 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the NBA or NFL thread, but since he's talking about NFL owners, I went with this.

Count me in as one who'd be fine being a "slave" for millions of dollars. Shut up, idiot...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25591013/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-says-nfl-owners-slave-mentality

You routinely side with billionaire owners over millionaire athletes, so that's not surprising. 

slingshot4ever

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 6:45 PM

Slaves isn't a correct term.  These athletes are welcome to quit at any point if they don't like the way they are treated - same for most everyone.  Slaves did not have that option.

BR1986FB

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 6:51 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Slaves isn't a correct term.  These athletes are welcome to quit at any point if they don't like the way they are treated - same for most everyone.  Slaves did not have that option.

Exactly. Making millions of dollars to play a kids game that most of us would've loved to. Just LBJ trying to be edgy in his own way, which is usually racist.

Playing in  NFL is a privelege not a right. Lebron thinks that the inmates should run the asylum in the NFL like they do in the NBA. And that's why the NFL is a far superior product.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 6:55 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

You routinely side with billionaire owners over millionaire athletes, so that's not surprising. 

So you’re siding with a millionaire calling his millionaire colleagues slaves? Bc that’s stupid. Without the billionaire owners they wouldn’t be doing shit. 

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 7:46 PM

I absolutely side with athletes over owners 99% of the time. I also side with college athletes over the NCAA. 

slingshot4ever

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 8:09 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

I absolutely side with athletes over owners 99% of the time. I also side with college athletes over the NCAA. 

Still can't claim they are slaves.  They aren't being forced to do something against their will.

BR1986FB

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 8:11 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

And you've flipped the script and have gone from conservative to full blown liberal, so that's not surprising.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 8:22 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And you've flipped the script and have gone from conservative to full blown liberal, so that's not surprising.

Lol, completely false. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 11:09 PM

Chargers fucked the Steelers twice this year

Sure he fumbled 2 inches from being down and gets returned for TD

Oh well...should kill any Rivers for MVP talk

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 11:14 PM

Ravens always win these games. Always 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 22, 2018 11:16 PM

With Tennessee having won for Steelers to make playoffs they will likely need either the Giants beat the Colts or the Browns to win at Baltimore

and of course must beat the Bengals....all assuming they don’t win at NO