2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 10:05 AM
posted by Ironman92

With Tennessee having won for Steelers to make playoffs they will likely need either the Giants beat the Colts or the Browns to win at Baltimore

and of course must beat the Bengals....all assuming they don’t win at NO

Bet they beat NO. If they don't they won't make the playoffs.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 10:19 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Bet they beat NO. If they don't they won't make the playoffs.

I don't think Pitt comes within 7 points of NO at the Superdome. They're on a whole 'nother level playing in the dome. And Pittsburgh has what? 2 wins on the road? 

Going to come down to week 17, IMO. Which as a Browns fans will suck...Pitt will beat Cincy, so we're looking at either beating the Ravens and helping the Steelers or losing to the Ravens which will put Baltimore in the playoffs. Lose/lose

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 11:10 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don't think Pitt comes within 7 points of NO at the Superdome. They're on a whole 'nother level playing in the dome. And Pittsburgh has what? 2 wins on the road? 

Going to come down to week 17, IMO. Which as a Browns fans will suck...Pitt will beat Cincy, so we're looking at either beating the Ravens and helping the Steelers or losing to the Ravens which will put Baltimore in the playoffs. Lose/lose

NO offense has been playing like crap and Pittsburgh's defense looked solid last week. Pittsburgh's offense has looked like crap and NO's defense has been better but I don't think it will be enough. Pittsburgh, unfortunately, finds a way to win these.

Agree with your second statement, and I'd love the Browns to be above .500 (don't think they'll win with the way Baltimore's playing) but wouldn't cry if Pittsburgh were left out and Pig Boy was one year closer to retirement.

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 11:13 AM
posted by Ironman92

Chargers fucked the Steelers twice this year

Sure he fumbled 2 inches from being down and gets returned for TD

Oh well...should kill any Rivers for MVP talk

Baltimore is kinda dangerous. Can't understand why teams haven't figured out that they can only run the ball. That defense is nastier than I thought it was.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 11:32 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Baltimore is kinda dangerous. Can't understand why teams haven't figured out that they can only run the ball. That defense is nastier than I thought it was.

Because they can actually pass. You watch last nights game?

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 11:35 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Because they can actually pass. You watch last nights game?

Yeah, I watched it and Jackson still doesn't impress me. Just a matter of time before he's injured.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 12:52 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yeah, I watched it and Jackson still doesn't impress me. Just a matter of time before he's injured.

But he can pass. So your points of “he doesn’t impress you” and “he’s going to get injured” make no sense 

superman

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 12:53 PM

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 1:05 PM

Jackson looked awful throwing the ball. He had the one deep one on the money, but other than that he was garbage. The NFL will figure him out by next season and he wont last. You have to be able to throw in the pocket in the NFL. 12/22, and he wasn’t close on 8 of those 10 incompletions, despite all the Chargers playing the run.

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 1:07 PM
posted by Laley23

Jackson looked awful throwing the ball. He had the one deep one on the money, but other than that he was garbage. The NFL will figure him out by next season and he wont last. You have to be able to throw in the pocket in the NFL. 12/22, and he wasn’t close on 8 of those 10 incompletions, despite all the Chargers playing the run.

Exactly

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 1:25 PM
posted by Laley23

Sad they can’t completely figure it out this year

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 3:43 PM

Giants blowing it. Oh well. Seemed a long shot

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 4:02 PM

Colts win makes Pittsburgh's game a must win for them or they're likely out.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 4:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Colts win makes Pittsburgh's game a must win for them or they're likely out.

You guys forfeiting to Ravens next week?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 4:11 PM

Dallas wins the NFC East. Can’t say I saw that coming. 

Also, no way Green Bay doesn’t win this game against the Jets. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 4:26 PM
posted by wildcats20

Dallas wins the NFC East. Can’t say I saw that coming. 

Also, no way Green Bay doesn’t win this game against the Jets. 

Doing everything possible to lose

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 4:43 PM

Texans lost....

Titans and Colts both won and face each other the next week, can all 3 still win division and also miss playoffs?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 4:56 PM

What a terrible call on Haden. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 5:17 PM

Darnold had another stellar game. The Jets set a franchise record for penalty yards with 172. Of course the Packers lone road win would come today.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 6:53 PM

Welp, I was def wrong about this STeelers/Saints game. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 6:57 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Welp, I was def wrong about this STeelers/Saints game. 

It was an easy call. Saints defense isn't very good and the league prefers the Steelers in the playoffs.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 7:04 PM
posted by BR1986FB

It was an easy call. Saints defense isn't very good and the league prefers the Steelers in the playoffs.

The Saints are a top 10ish defense this year. 

mhs95_06

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 7:10 PM

That catch for NO should have not been good .  2nd foot came down in bounds, but 1st foot down in bounds went out before the 2nd one came down in bounds!

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 7:21 PM

If New Orleans scores, better not do it too fast.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 23, 2018 7:37 PM

Ref is literally 3 feet from that and blew the call.