2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 9:46 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Can the Bengals get a new QB while we're at it? And head coach? And owner?

I doubt Jay Gruden becomes available, but if he does, I'd think he'd be a lock.

Also think they can win with Dalton but not with Marvin. Just don't think Dalton will take you to a championship.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 9:50 AM

Also, not that he's anything special, but how shitty is it for the Titans that Mariota may sit and they have to go with Gabbert in this big of a game? I still have the Colts winning either way but still shitty that Tennessee would have to go into a gun fight with a water pistol.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 11:42 AM

Not that many will cry over this but it sounds possible that Vontaze Burfict's career may be over after suffering his seventh concussion on Sunday.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 12:00 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not that many will cry over this but it sounds possible that Vontaze Burfict's career may be over after suffering his seventh concussion on Sunday.

He's a POS for sure, but he should legit retire. Concussions are no joke, and I wish him the best cognative health going forward.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 12:42 PM
posted by BR1986FB

He is maybe the most punishing tackler I’ve ever watched. He wasn’t the same guy this year at all. Last year was showing some signs. But damnit if you needed someone to knock a Steelers star player out of the playoffs...he’s your guy. Twice ended LeVeon Bell’s season and knocked AB out for one too and it killed them losing at Denver during Peyton Manning’s Final SB Championship.

For about 5-6 years Burfict was one outstanding, scary ass LB. The concussion number isn’t surprising at all and hopefully he can lead a pretty normal post NFL life...but I’m not sure that is possible after having 7 concussions. He punished others but got himself a lot as well.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 12:50 PM
posted by Ironman92

For about 5-6 years Burfict was one outstanding, scary ass LB. The concussion number isn’t surprising at all and hopefully he can lead a pretty normal post NFL life...but I’m not sure that is possible after having 7 concussions. He punished others but got himself a lot as well.

That's why the concussions to Denzel Ward scare me. He's had two already, as a rookie. The guy is very small in stature. The way he got up from the concussion on Sunday was pretty concerning. I thought he was going to collapse on the field. Can't imagine what 7 would be like. When Ron Jaworski played for the Eagles, he claimed to have had over 30 of them.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 1:24 PM
posted by BR1986FB

You are right (for the reasons Ironman mentioned in his post).

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 1:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

That's why the concussions to Denzel Ward scare me. He's had two already, as a rookie. The guy is very small in stature. The way he got up from the concussion on Sunday was pretty concerning. I thought he was going to collapse on the field. Can't imagine what 7 would be like. When Ron Jaworski played for the Eagles, he claimed to have had over 30 of them.

Yeah, no way. I bet he didn’t have more than 3-5

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 5:24 PM
posted by Heretic

You are right (for the reasons Ironman mentioned in his post).

It's actually kind of relieving because he's lost a step, but it's like injuries have to happen in order for the Bengals to not ride these bums well into the ground (see: Pacman Jones). 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 5:26 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I doubt Jay Gruden becomes available, but if he does, I'd think he'd be a lock.

Also think they can win with Dalton but not with Marvin. Just don't think Dalton will take you to a championship.

I'd give Dalton another shot if they moved on from Marvin. Problem is they probably move onto Hue, and how much is he going to help anything. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 6:05 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I'd give Dalton another shot if they moved on from Marvin. Problem is they probably move onto Hue, and how much is he going to help anything. 

He did have his best year under Hue to be fair.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 6:22 PM
posted by like_that

I think his weapons were heathy then too. Boyd/Green/Eifort....to go with good rb in Mixon.

From the outside it seems like they’ve had playoff type talent most of very year the past 13 seasons.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 6:24 PM
posted by like_that

Dalton's best yr is like a top 26 QB tho. It's time to move on from:

• Dalton
  • AJ Green
  • Marvin
  • Hue
  • Their entire Def
  • Eifert
  • Their OTs

If I'm the bengals I trade off what I can for assets and rebuild hard.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 6:31 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Dalton's best yr is like a top 26 QB tho. It's time to move on from:

• Dalton
  • AJ Green
  • Marvin
  • Hue
  • Their entire Def
  • Eifert
  • Their OTs

If I'm the bengals I trade off what I can for assets and rebuild hard.

How many more years of Brown being a cheapskate before the franchise might have to move? I do t know how that stuff works at all but that stadium was empty and most NFL people I associate with in daily life are Bengals fans.....they mostly aren’t even interested. Completely fed up.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 27, 2018 7:30 PM
posted by Ironman92

How many more years of Brown being a cheapskate before the franchise might have to move? I do t know how that stuff works at all but that stadium was empty and most NFL people I associate with in daily life are Bengals fans.....they mostly aren’t even interested. Completely fed up.

Besides Brown, the recurring theme there has been Marvin. The list COA posted is his second wave of talent. Between that list and the Palmer/Ocho/TJ Housh days, they should've at least "dumb lucked" their way into one playoff win.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 11:29 AM
posted by Ironman92

I think his weapons were heathy then too. Boyd/Green/Eifort....to go with good rb in Mixon.

From the outside it seems like they’ve had playoff type talent most of very year the past 13 seasons.

I think that if you take the way we've felt about the Steelers these past few weeks and expanded it to many years, you'd have pretty much how Bengals fans probably have felt for a lot of Marv's tenure after the "in the playoff hunt!" glow faded and that next step was not being taken. Every once in a while getting a big win that makes you say, "Yeah! They're back on track and things are gonna be good!!!", but then being stricken with a never-ending series of blah performances, losing late leads and simply finding ways to lose games that really should have been wins. The sort of thing that leads to frustration in the short term and disillusionment in the long term because when the same shit happens year after year and nothing seems to really change, what's the point of being invested? Another good-but-not-great year punctuated by moronic decisions and/or stupid plays in key situations and a disappointing early exit? Last however-long, they and Detroit have been stuck in NFL purgatory, where you're never really truly horrible, but you're never truly good and just in that blah zone of maybe making the playoffs, maybe not...but being no threat when there.

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 11:43 AM

Add Matt Stafford to the list of QB's who may be on the move.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 11:44 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Add Matt Stafford to the list of QB's who may be on the move.

Elite lol

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 11:48 AM
posted by Ironman92

Elite lol

Who said that? He hasn't been the same since his cheat code (Megatron) retired.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 11:53 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Most likely classy.

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 12:38 PM

Lol...Steeler fans should rejoice over this. They put Chris Boswell on IR, with no injury, and signed Matt McCrane

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 12:44 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Whatever dude in Detroit hilariously overpaid him to put up fantasy numbers while disappearing in big games. When he stopped even putting up fantasy numbers, they must have decided to re-evaluate things.

superman

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 1:06 PM
posted by Heretic

Whatever dude in Detroit hilariously overpaid him to put up fantasy numbers while disappearing in big games. When he stopped even putting up fantasy numbers, they must have decided to re-evaluate things.

Was that a Matt Millen decision?  

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 1:52 PM
posted by superman

Was that a Matt Millen decision?  

I think the huge contract (or contract extension, I guess) that temporarily made him the highest-paid player in the league (LOL!) came a couple years ago, definitely after Millen was gone. Hell, after looking it up, he was drafted in '09 and Millen was gone in '08. No wonder I remember them being optimistic about him; he was the first guy they got after washing the Millen-Stink off the franchise.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Dec 28, 2018 5:22 PM

When franchises are consistently bad, I generally look to the owner/ownership first. Bills, lolphins, Bengals, Browns, Jets, Bears, and Lions.

That is the Lion's owner. She's been the owner (well her husband included) since 1963. Buck stops there.