2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

Iliketurtles

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 1:13 PM
posted by BR1986FB

So does he get another chance in the league. Yes, he's a POS but a very young & talented POS. Not advocating his return, just asking peoples thoughts on whether he'll be back? Hell, Washington might be waiting to make a waiver claim after signing Foster.

Michael Vick got another chance after spending 18 months in jail. So yeah I feel like he will be back. Dude is a POS though and I hope he never plays in the NFL again. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 1:33 PM

Vick I think did this some but I wish these guys like Hunt would just own the fuck up and do what is right. An apology is step one but that always seems where they stop and it can be fake as hell.

How about he start a foundation for battered women and be involved to an extent. How about he attend seminars/classes etc for his issues and then.

Offer Goodell to speak to rookies the next 5 years on his mistakes and how to better avoid and keep out of trouble.

Make the extra efforts and act like you fucking have a damn heart and fix it.

What he did was 100% unacceptable but also IMO 100% fixable if he shows true contrite, continues it and then goes above and beyond. I’d love to see that....but we’ll just hear him read a paper that says “uh, I wuz wrong and my actions were unacceptable. I’m very sorry and am looking forward to moving forward and putting this in my past”

Then he’ll be back on the Patriots for the playoffs (lol I don’t believe that but just found it funny)

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 2:28 PM

Good on the Chiefs, but also they employ Tyreek Hill, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 2:56 PM
posted by Laley23

Good on the Chiefs, but also they employ Tyreek Hill, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Different situations. Hill pleaded guilty and served his punishment. Kc was able to talk to him, vet him, etc. 

They asked Hunt and he lied about hitting her. That’s why he was released. If he were to tell them the truth back when it happened, he prob gets suspended but keeps his job. 

gut

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:20 PM
posted by iclfan2

Shouldn’t the Chiefs be punished for not looking more into the incident? Not like they couldn’t have got this video sooner

My theory is KC, and/or the NFL, probably paid to bury the video.  And then someone who had access and DIDN'T get paid, sells it to TMZ.  Now KC and the NFL can't deny what happened, so Hunt is cut and suspended.  Nothing is faker than the NFL's pretend morality and family values.

Hard to say which is more disgusting - this or Ray Rice. 

I can't imagine going after and physically assaulting a woman, for any reason, but especially just because she won't sleep with your friend.

gut

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:26 PM
posted by BR1986FB

So does he get another chance in the league. 

I'm sure he will get another shot.

Whether he deserves another chance is a different story.  I'm not saying the guy belongs in jail for life, but IMO he's forfeited the opportunity to make millions in the NFL.

Some of these guys....If you're at risk of doing something really dumb or irresponsible (which is not an appropriate characterization here), you almost have to keep yourself in a bubble until you ink that big money deal.  If Hunt doesn't get another shot at the NFL, I think his career earnings will total somewhere around $700k, before taxes.  He's going to need to get a regular J.O.B.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:30 PM
posted by gut

My theory is KC, and/or the NFL, probably paid to bury the video.  And then someone who had access and DIDN'T get paid, sells it to TMZ.  Now KC and the NFL can't deny what happened, so Hunt is cut and suspended.  Nothing is faker than the NFL's pretend morality and family values.

Hard to say which is more disgusting - this or Ray Rice. 

I can't imagine going after and physically assaulting a woman, for any reason, but especially just because she won't sleep with your friend.

Take the aluminum foil off your head. He was arrested and the NFL didn’t see a video. KC asked him and he tells them it wasn’t that big of a deal. Video comes out now and they cut him. 

gut

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Take the aluminum foil off your head. He was arrested and the NFL didn’t see a video. KC asked him and he tells them it wasn’t that big of a deal. Video comes out now and they cut him. 

LMFAO....you honestly think KC and the NFL didn't hire investigators to look into this?  So your opinion is the investigators were just really bad at their job?

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 1, 2018 4:41 PM
posted by gut

LMFAO....you honestly think KC and the NFL didn't hire investigators to look into this?  So your opinion is the investigators were just really bad at their job?

My opinion is they didn’t see the video until now. Prove me wrong

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:35 AM

The NFL never interviewed Hunt or the woman from the incident. Talk about protecting the shield. Such a bad look. How many fuck ups will Goodell get?

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:44 AM
posted by wildcats20

The NFL never interviewed Hunt or the woman from the incident. Talk about protecting the shield. Such a bad look. How many fuck ups will Goodell get?

Unlimited. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:48 AM
posted by gut

Well, the police couldn’t get a copy of it...

Not everything is a damn conspiracy. In fact, most of it comes down to people just collect paychecks...they are just as lazy as you and me about shit. No files charged? Ok fuck it, I don’t need to see the video, next case.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 9:52 AM
posted by Laley23

Well, the police couldn’t get a copy of it...

Not everything is a damn conspiracy. In fact, most of it comes down to people just collect paychecks...they are just as lazy as you and me about shit. No files charged? Ok fuck it, I don’t need to see the video, next case.

Exactly. gut always tries to be the smartest guy in the room. Coming up with some BS like "the NFL and the chiefs watched the video and tried to hide it!" is straight out of House of Cards, not reality.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 10:09 AM

Soooo the Bengals signed Marvin to a 1 year extension last night. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 10:52 AM
posted by wildcats20

LOL

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 10:54 AM
posted by BR1986FB

LOL

They must want Hue to more acquainted with the operations lol 

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 11:01 AM
posted by wildcats20

They must want Hue to more acquainted with the operations lol 

Lol...do you have a link for this? Didn't see it anywhere.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 11:56 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Lol...do you have a link for this? Didn't see it anywhere.

For Marvin? Ian Rapoport tweeted it out early this morning. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:06 PM
posted by wildcats20

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Cincy can enjoy a couple more 7-9 to 8-8 seasons with their lord and savior!

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 12:18 PM

Are we sure this is an extension? It sounds like they're actually clarifying that the two year deal they signed last off season was actually a two year deal with the second year (2019) being a team option. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000994239/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-future-in-doubt-andy-dalton-set-to-return?campaign=Twitter_atn

The article makes it sound like he's actually on the hot seat, but I'm not sure that even exists in Cincinnati. 

superman

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 3:02 PM
posted by Heretic

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Cincy can enjoy a couple more 7-9 to 8-8 seasons with their lord and savior!

Not an extension. They clarified that last year's extension was only 1 year and not 2 as reported.  

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 4:19 PM

Holy shit bears

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 4:21 PM

What a play call. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 2, 2018 4:24 PM
posted by wildcats20

What a play call.