Browns win. Steelers lose

what a day

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 8:15 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

what a day

I didn’t watch much of any game today but just watched parts of each on the NBC pregame highlights and the best part of anything today was BM blowing off Hue with a lame handshake (Hue looked to be going for the hug)....then BM punched at Hue in postgame with a “we finally have a guy calling plays we can trust”

Hopefully I can watch the next Browns/Bengals game cause it will likely be interesting.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 8:20 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

what a day

Sprinkled in rapistberger pretending he was injured again. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 8:26 PM
posted by like_that

You enjoy that?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 8:27 PM
posted by Ironman92

You enjoy that?

I'd prefer for his leg to snap in half.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 8:41 PM

I have this awful, terrible feeling that Hue Jackson will be coaching the Bengals next year. Or eventually.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 8:42 PM
posted by like_that

TBH, I was waiting for the phantom flag in the end zone when that d-lineman picked off Roethlisberger. Was pleasantly surprised when there wasn't one.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 8:46 PM
posted by Ironman92

I didn’t watch much of any game today but just watched parts of each on the NBC pregame highlights and the best part of anything today was BM blowing off Hue with a lame handshake (Hue looked to be going for the hug)....then BM punched at Hue in postgame with a “we finally have a guy calling plays we can trust”

Hopefully I can watch the next Browns/Bengals game cause it will likely be interesting.

That last comment by Mayfield about "trust" was a serious shots fired type comment but BM is pretty frank about this stuff. When he was asked about that jersey with all of the ghosts of Cleveland QB's since 1999 he said "it's 2018. I don't care."

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 25, 2018 9:01 PM
posted by BR1986FB

That last comment by Mayfield about "trust" was a serious shots fired type comment but BM is pretty frank about this stuff. When he was asked about that jersey with all of the ghosts of Cleveland QB's since 1999 he said "it's 2018. I don't care."

He doesn’t give any fucks...dude is young, brash and talented. I still say the rematch will get ugly. Hopefully no one gets hurt

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 8:35 AM

I didn't watch the Jets game, because why waste my time? But reading through Jetnation.com I found this gem. Apparently the Jets held the Pats on 3rd down, forcing a 4th and 2. The Pats committed a penalty on the play. Todd Bowles accepted the penalty, giving the Pats a 3rd and 12. The Pats, of course, scored a touchdown on the next play. When asked about it, Bowles said that he liked their odds on 3rd and 12, that they're pretty good in those situations. But, statistically, the Jets rank 28th in preventing 1st downs on 3rd and 12 or longer. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 5:06 PM

Dalton on IR with thumb injury

superman

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 5:26 PM
posted by Ironman92

Dalton on IR with thumb injury

Bengals should shut AJ down for the season and go ahead and tank.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 5:34 PM
posted by superman

Bengals should shut AJ down for the season and go ahead and tank.  

Are reports of Hue replacing Lewis legit or just FB crap?

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 8:27 PM
posted by Ironman92

92.3 (Cleveland) had John Clayton on this afternoon and he said this wouldn't surprise him. Feels that Mike Brown prefers "familiarity and guys he can trust." Also mentioned Vance Joseph, if the Donks fire him, which I don't see unless they go into a serious tailspin.

superman

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 9:55 PM
posted by Ironman92

I can them doing a one year coach in waiting situation. Marvin is under contract for another year and Mike Brown won't fire him. 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 10:52 PM

Like that, are you finally ready to admit that Deshaun Watson is a good QB? 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 26, 2018 10:55 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Texans are much different with him in there.

Watson very good and can actually throw pretty well and dangerous running that you really need to spy...healthy Watt, elite receiver.

They get the right matchup and they could be an AFC Championship participant 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 6:50 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

COA is/was much harsher on him than I was, but yeah he is looking good.  Some of his flaws have been hidden with an elite WR and defense, but he is performing much better than I thought.  If he regresses to the mean, are you going to come back down to earth? I am still not going to QQ about passing up on him if Baker continues to improve.  FWIW both QBs have a near identical overall PFF grade (not counting this past week).

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 7:35 AM

Right now, Houston's benefiting from the easiest schedule in the league. They are doing what they are supposed to do, beat crap teams. I think they only face two teams with winning records.

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 7:36 AM
posted by like_that

COA is/was much harsher on him than I was, but yeah he is looking good.  Some of his flaws have been hidden with an elite WR and defense, but he is performing much better than I thought.  If he regresses to the mean, are you going to come back down to earth? I am still not going to QQ about passing up on him if Baker continues to improve.  FWIW both QBs have a near identical overall PFF grade (not counting this past week).

I think he's good but not great. As you mentioned, that offense works around a lot of his flaws. His ability to run helps him significantly. Still not sold on him as a pure passing QB but not saying he's bad either.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Nov 27, 2018 7:37 AM
posted by Ironman92

It would make all the sense in the world. Fans have been wishing for him to be fired for over a decade. They finally do (or he retires or whatever) and they replace him with one of the worst coaches in history. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 8:35 PM

Such a disappointment to come away with only 3 after a great drive down to the 6. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 8:58 PM

Dallas is rolling. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:05 PM

Cowboys looking good. My DraftKings Captain Showdown team is NOT looking good. Very Saints heavy. They looks all out of sorts.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 9:12 PM

Not sure how Amari didn’t gather that ball back in??