2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 11:59 AM

Yeah, Mccarthy is an idiot. Keeps robbing us of seeing Rodgers doing Rodgers things. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 10:51 AM

Hate when Steelers play at Jacksonville or Miami. Jags aren’t any good this year. Fortunately I’m unable to watch until maybe the last few minutes.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:09 PM

Seriously though, how much money do these refs have on the Steelers? 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:11 PM

I’m comfortable calling time of death on Bengals playoffs hopes.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:13 PM

Big win for Dallas, coupled with Washington losing means Dallas will be playing for first place in the division on Thanksgiving Day. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:13 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Seriously though, how much money do these refs have on the Steelers? 

Yep. Refs gifted that to Pittsburgh. So sick of this shit.

Automatik

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:16 PM

So the refs should just ignore the blatant facemask? lol

Hell of a comeback. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:16 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yep. Refs gifted that to Pittsburgh. So sick of this shit.

It's crazy...game was over, but WAIT! "facemask ;)" 

And then an incomplete pass, but WAIT! "holding ;)" which puts them close enough for BR to run it in. 

That's why it's so, so sweet when the Steelers lose in the playoffs every year. They get these bullshit wins handed to them, so when their season is done, it's beautiful.

Automatik

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:17 PM

You're letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:18 PM

Those were both blatant and obvious calls though. Switzer about had his head tore off. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:19 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I’m comfortable calling time of death on Bengals playoffs hopes.

Still holding onto a WC spot. And with 2 games against the Browns and a game with the Raiders, they should be able to get to 8-8 at worst. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:19 PM
posted by Automatik

You're letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

I have zero emotions invested in this game lol no money, don't GAF about either teams. Just hilarious how EVERY week, in a close game, a call or two goes the Steelers way. Slimy..

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:30 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I have zero emotions invested in this game lol no money, don't GAF about either teams. Just hilarious how EVERY week, in a close game, a call or two goes the Steelers way. Slimy..

This is the thing. It's ALL about the timing of the calls. Pittsburgh is one of the most penalized teams in the league but do you ever see the refs throw a flag on them at a crucial moment of the game? No. The Switzer call was obvious but that was almost an OSU/Miami national championship game flag. Jags were celebrating, no sign of a flag on the field and then... flag. There was a roughing the passer call earlier in the game that nullified a Jags INT that was bullshit along with another personal foul. Wouldn't be so annoying if the refs weren't eating the flags most of the game and throwing them when it determines the outcome of the game.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:31 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

You seriously want the refs to ignore those two calls near the end.

Jacksonville going 3 and out 4 straight times to end the game killed themselves

Automatik

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

Idiotic coaching. Try weren't even milking the clock before those punts.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:37 PM

I will say that JAX screwed themselves on that 3rd & 5. If Bortles keeps that he might still be running. Very dumb call.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 4:38 PM
posted by justincredible

That's gonna be a lot of money to give to a RB. I guess it's fine, it's not my money, and it gives Darnold a nice security blanket. But, still...

I saw where Pittsburgh & Bell tried to come to terms at the 11th hour but Pittsburgh wouldn't agree to a "no tagging" clause, or something.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:09 PM
posted by Ironman92

I didn't say that..just said it's funny how Pittsburgh is never on the bad end of a call. And whenever they need a flag, one comes. Slimy

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:10 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I didn't say that..just said it's funny how Pittsburgh is never on the bad end of a call. And whenever they need a flag, one comes. Slimy

Ok. Never indeed.

mhs95_06

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:11 PM

On the last series, a smart strategy, and the Jags strategy, is to make sure the ball is not caught for a touchdown by any means, most especially committing penalties.  The time that comes off the clock is not replaced when a penalty is committed, except when the play runs out, then an un-timed down is given.  I don't think the Steelers would have let it go that far and would have taken a FG to send it to OT when the clock got to 5 sec or less.  The play they scored on would have been the last before the FG.  The ace in the hole was the TO Pitt had left which allowed them one running attempt or to have another TD attempt in the event of a sack, which the Jags knew and were confident in their defense that they could stop it, which they nearly did.  So I think criticism of the refs calling those last two penalties is unfounded because it was their strategy.  Not calling either of the penalties would have let the Jags get more benefit than they deserved from their strategy of taking purposeful penalties.

That said I think the Jags are a little too proud of their defense and make their offense play way too conservatively, putting their defense under too much stress.  Today and last season's Super Bowl are prime examples!

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:18 PM

Eagles are better with Foles as their QB.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:35 PM
posted by wildcats20

Eagles are better with Foles as their QB.

lol, no

SportsAndLady

Sun, Nov 18, 2018 5:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

Ok. Never indeed.

You literally won a super bowl on a bad call..STFU