wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 11:00 AM

Kupp with a torn ACL. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 11:03 AM
posted by Ironman92

Wonder what it would take to fire Marvin

Funny enough the 5-4 Bengals would be the #6 seed if playoffs started today and they have a nice easy schedule most of the rest of the way. They will be a 4-6 seed

I think a lot of their fans think they will be lucky to win 2-3 more games and finish at .500. Sounds like their defense is REAL bad.

Seems like Marvin has more lives than a cat. He taught Hue well.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 11:05 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I think a lot of their fans think they will be lucky to win 2-3 more games and finish at .500. Sounds like their defense is REAL bad.

Seems like Marvin has more lives than a cat. He taught Hue well.

Arent two of their top dline guys returning soon?

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 11:13 AM
posted by Ironman92

I'm not really familiar with their defense but at the beginning of the year I was under the impression they had one of the top front 7 in the league.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 11:17 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm not really familiar with their defense but at the beginning of the year I was under the impression they had one of the top front 7 in the league.

Thought I heard 2 of them were out

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 11:20 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Looks like I was wrong....Atkins and Dunlap both played. They are without Burfict but he isn’t quite the player he was not long ago. Has lost a step.

superman

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 11:21 AM
posted by Ironman92

Denard, Vigil, and Tez should be back soon.  That should help.  They still won't be good but at least they won't be historically bad.  Firing Austin was a start. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 1:26 PM

Jets will not be making any changes in-season. Fuck this team.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 3:28 PM
posted by Ironman92

Wonder what it would take to fire Marvin

Funny enough the 5-4 Bengals would be the #6 seed if playoffs started today and they have a nice easy schedule most of the rest of the way. They will be a 4-6 seed

I'm not so sure. The defense is currently playing historically bad. They'll likely lose the away games at Cleveland, Pitt, Baltimore, and LA Chargers. They should beat the Raiders at home. No idea if they can beat Denver or Cleveland at home. I think 8-8 is a reasonable prediction to which Mike Brown would say "Wahoo! Most media had us pinned for 3-4 wins! How does a three year extension sound, Marvin?" 

Right now I'll go Patriots, Chiefs, Steelers, and Texans as division winners and wildcards of Chargers and Titans - who have a very favorable schedule remaining. 4/7 games are home, with winnable away games at Indianapolis and Giants. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 3:32 PM
posted by justincredible

Jets will not be making any changes in-season. Fuck this team.

You can have Marvin Lewis. You don't even have to give anything in return. He's yours! To keep! 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 3:40 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I'm not so sure. The defense is currently playing historically bad. They'll likely lose the away games at Cleveland, Pitt, Baltimore, and LA Chargers. They should beat the Raiders at home. No idea if they can beat Denver or Cleveland at home. I think 8-8 is a reasonable prediction to which Mike Brown would say "Wahoo! Most media had us pinned for 3-4 wins! How does a three year extension sound, Marvin?" 

Right now I'll go Patriots, Chiefs, Steelers, and Texans as division winners and wildcards of Chargers and Titans - who have a very favorable schedule remaining. 4/7 games are home, with winnable away games at Indianapolis and Giants. 

I thought Raiders, Broncos and Cleveland at home were 3 wins and thought they’d win at folding Baltimore

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 3:57 PM

You can have Marvin Lewis. You don't even have to give anything in return. He's yours! To keep! 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 5:04 PM
posted by Ironman92

I thought Raiders, Broncos and Cleveland at home were 3 wins and thought they’d win at folding Baltimore

If they lose to Baltimore next week then I'd be comfortable calling time of death on their playoff hopes. We'll see how they respond to Marvin being in charge of the defense (eye roll). 

Thing is, I don't even want them in the playoffs. Another first round loss in Pittburgh? Sign me up! 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 6:21 PM

If they lose to Baltimore next week then I'd be comfortable calling time of death on their playoff hopes. We'll see how they respond to Marvin being in charge of the defense (eye roll). 

Thing is, I don't even want them in the playoffs. Another first round loss in Pittburgh? Sign me up! 

I did read read the last time Marvin was in charge of Bengals defense they gave up 440 yards to the Browns and lost like 34-18

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 7:49 PM

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Sources: Former coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

7:23 PM - Nov 12, 2018

I hope the title is "head coach in waiting."

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 8:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Sources: Former coach Hue Jackson is slated to be in Cincinnati imminently to join the staff of coach Marvin Lewis. The title is not yet clear.

and then Todd Haley becomes HC of the Ravens in 2019

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 8:39 PM

Eli 4 completions for 7 yards total lol

friendfromlowry

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 10:32 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Bengals and Browns still play twice. No one makes the Browns lose like Hue.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 12, 2018 11:22 PM

How do you throw it out of the endzone on the final play? 

Giants a huge win over the 2-8 49ers and their 3rd string QB

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 13, 2018 7:54 AM

Bengals and Browns still play twice. No one makes the Browns lose like Hue.

Believe me, after what that fucker did to this franchise, I'd be happy going 2-4 down the stretch with both wins against the Bengals.

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 13, 2018 7:56 AM
posted by Ironman92

How do you throw it out of the endzone on the final play? 

"I know, crazy right?"

Sincerely,

Brandon Weeden (2012 vs Ravens)

mhs95_06

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 12:07 AM

When is everyone on the Packers going to learn that they need the ball in the hands of Rodgers in crunch time.  A couple weeks ago their guy runs out of the EZ and fumbles and Rodgers never gets in the game after that.  Tonight they are down 3 with 4 minutes to go and 4th and 2 and they punt it away and the Seahawks run the clock out with 2 first downs with all the plays runs.  Even if the Packers are stopped on 4th down, you hold them to a FG, then Rodgers gets it back(if they don't fumble the kick-off) and and a TD wins it.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Nov 16, 2018 11:11 AM
posted by mhs95_06

When is everyone on the Packers going to learn that they need the ball in the hands of Rodgers in crunch time.  A couple weeks ago their guy runs out of the EZ and fumbles and Rodgers never gets in the game after that.  Tonight they are down 3 with 4 minutes to go and 4th and 2 and they punt it away and the Seahawks run the clock out with 2 first downs with all the plays runs.  Even if the Packers are stopped on 4th down, you hold them to a FG, then Rodgers gets it back(if they don't fumble the kick-off) and and a TD wins it.

Short-form answer: Mike McCarthy is a pretty bad coach who still has a job only because Rodgers is great enough to pull enough crazy wins out of his ass to keep him looking good enough to not get fired. Seems he gets ridiculed yearly over a couple "complete pussy" calls punting on fourth-and-short or kicking a field goal in that same situation when he has a great QB to try to get those yards with.