2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 5:19 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

This really backfired on Leveon Bell, right? He missed out on a lot of money, pissed off some teammates, and his backup stepped up just fine and the team hasn't seemed to miss his production. 

Also the reasons hes coming back

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 5:27 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

This really backfired on Leveon Bell, right? He missed out on a lot of money, pissed off some teammates, and his backup stepped up just fine and the team hasn't seemed to miss his production. 

Pretty much. Conner seems to be the real deal and is putting up comparable numbers without being a headache. I mean, I understood where Bell was coming from, not getting the contract he wanted while being run into the ground by the Steelers, but the year Conner is having illustrates just why RBs don't have the sort of leverage they want to have, since they were able to switch to a younger, cheaper guy and get the same results.

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 6:05 PM
posted by Heretic

Pretty much. Conner seems to be the real deal and is putting up comparable numbers without being a headache. I mean, I understood where Bell was coming from, not getting the contract he wanted while being run into the ground by the Steelers, but the year Conner is having illustrates just why RBs don't have the sort of leverage they want to have, since they were able to switch to a younger, cheaper guy and get the same results.

That's why I'd never use a super high pick on a RB like the Giants did with Barkley unless he was that last missing piece and even then I don't know if I'd do it. Yes, Barkley's elite but what is it doing for wins with no QB? Plus they will put a ton of tread on his tires before they can reap the rewards.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 8:33 PM

So apparently Dez will be working out with/for the Saints tomorrow.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 8:36 PM
posted by wildcats20

So apparently Dez will be working out with/for the Saints tomorrow.

Saints could use some weapons 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 8:42 PM

Could be a great situation for him. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 7:50 AM

Bell is going to get a monster contract next year. And Steelers are on pace for like 400 touches for Connor. That’s exactly the workload Bell was trying to avoid on the last year of a deal. He didn’t mess up at all.

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 8:28 AM

Add Jason Garrett to that list of coaches who could be looking for work.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 9:26 AM
posted by Laley23

Bell is going to get a monster contract next year. And Steelers are on pace for like 400 touches for Connor. That’s exactly the workload Bell was trying to avoid on the last year of a deal. He didn’t mess up at all.

I don’t think a team will give him anymore than what Pittsburgh offered (30M guaranteed). Can’t see him getting a “monster contract”

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 9:31 AM

Jets will probably offer him a stupid amount of money because they are a horseshit organization.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 10:54 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don’t think a team will give him anymore than what Pittsburgh offered (30M guaranteed). Can’t see him getting a “monster contract”

It only takes one stupid GM in a league full of them. I’ll be stunned if he doesn’t get a huge one. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 12:18 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Add Jason Garrett to that list of coaches who could be looking for work.

I don’t think Jerry will do it til the offseason, but I can hope!

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 12:26 PM

I think he gets paid. He’s elite, someone will bite....they may/probably regret it but some  GM under pressure to win now will swoop him up

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 1:18 PM
posted by wildcats20

I don’t think Jerry will do it til the offseason, but I can hope!

I know Jerry likes a HC he can keep under his thumb but will he continue to accept the losing? I'd think that winning would trump having a puppet.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 1:43 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I know Jerry likes a HC he can keep under his thumb but will he continue to accept the losing? I'd think that winning would trump having a puppet.

I'd think so, too, but he's been there so long with mediocre results that Dallas is starting to look like Cincinnati West with Garrett standing in for THE MARV. But with Jerry mortgaging the future to bring in Cooper, his patience might be running thin to the point his next cocaine-n-whiskey bender might end with Garrett's head on a post and Jerry being the coach, GM and owner!

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 6, 2018 2:55 PM
posted by Heretic

But with Jerry mortgaging the future to bring in Cooper, his patience might be running thin to the point his next cocaine-n-whiskey bender might end with Garrett's head on a post and Jerry being the coach, GM and owner!

Would this shock anyone? I could totally see this. lol

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Nov 7, 2018 4:52 PM

Dez to New Orleans is official. And he gets to play AT Dallas in 3 weeks. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:13 PM

Julius Peppers is still damn good.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:27 PM

Cody Sensabaugh continues to be awful

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:10 PM

AB clearly held the corners arm down on his TD. 

Mcdonald a clear push off on Kuechly on his td. 

How do the Steelers never get called for that shit?

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:12 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

AB clearly held the corners arm down on his TD. 

Mcdonald a clear push off on Kuechly on his td. 

How do the Steelers never get called for that shit?

The first 15 yards the CB had his hands on AB’s neck and jersey.

Automatik

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:12 PM

Score 50!!!

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:13 PM

Oh and that mcdonald td was not a catch lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:18 PM

I though Carolina was better than this but looking back at their results not as impressive as I thought.

Pittsburgh’s offense under the new OC is so much more enjoyable to watch. Gone are the  3rd and 3 throw for 40

Automatik

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:23 PM
posted by Ironman92

I though Carolina was better than this but looking back at their results not as impressive as I thought.

Pittsburgh’s offense under the new OC is so much more enjoyable to watch. Gone are the  3rd and 3 throw for 40

Ben at home at night against a "hot" team, I usually feel good about it. If this were at Carolina...not so much.