2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Nov 2, 2018 8:09 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Soooo Oakland’s got another 9 years of this 

They we’re looking towards being relevant again a few years ago....now have the look of a franchise that everyone forgets about

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 2, 2018 8:23 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Soooo Oakland’s got another 9 years of this 

With all those 1st round picks one would think they'd be better, at some point?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Nov 2, 2018 8:26 AM

I think Oakland CAN turn it around given the glut of 1st rounders Chucky has to burn (5 over the next two drafts). Not sure if they will, but I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that they're looking at 9 more years of futility. He's basically gutted the team in short order to stockpile picks. We'll see if the strategy works within the next 2-3 years, I'd guess.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 4:41 PM

This Saints/Rams game is starting as advertised

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 5:16 PM

Rams just got hosed pretty bad there. Ball was clearly beyond the line to gain. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 6:01 PM
posted by wildcats20

Rams just got hosed pretty bad there. Ball was clearly beyond the line to gain. 

Spot ref well behind play... home field spot for sure

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 6:53 PM

Rams are starting to play a little defense. 

friendfromlowry

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 7:21 PM

I’m surprised players can even get away with hiding a cell phone in the goalpost before the game. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 7:23 PM

MT is awesome.

Saints offense so fun.

Drew Brees too short to play in NFL

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 7:30 PM

Was that homage to Joe Horn?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 7:31 PM
posted by like_that

Was that homage to Joe Horn?

100%. 

Mulva

Sun, Nov 4, 2018 7:53 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I’m surprised players can even get away with hiding a cell phone in the goalpost before the game. 

I’m more impressed that he found a flip phone in 2018

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 9:53 AM

The Jets are an absolute clown-show right now. How Todd Bowles and Jeremy Bates still have a job is beyond me. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 9:55 AM
posted by justincredible

The Jets are an absolute clown-show right now. How Todd Bowles and Jeremy Bates still have a job is beyond me. 

Looks like Darnold has regressed since some early season success.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 10:13 AM

Yep. Injuries to the receiving staff, as well as the worst center in the NFL haven't helped. Their offensive game plans have been super predictable. Basically, Jeremy Bates and Todd Bowles are not the ideal staff to develop Darnold. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 10:20 AM
posted by justincredible

Yep. Injuries to the receiving staff, as well as the worst center in the NFL haven't helped. Their offensive game plans have been super predictable. Basically, Jeremy Bates and Todd Bowles are not the ideal staff to develop Darnold. 

Hmmm......sounds familiar.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 11:02 AM

On ESPN radio this morning they said on average 6.7 coaches in the NFL lose their jobs every year.

Hue is 1....who will be the 5-6 others? Bowles likely

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 11:09 AM
posted by Ironman92

On ESPN radio this morning they said on average 6.7 coaches in the NFL lose their jobs every year.

Hue is 1....who will be the 5-6 others? Bowles likely

Koetter (TB), McCarthy (GB), very possibly Harbaugh (Balt), possibly Gase (MIA), and maybe Buffalo's HC.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 11:11 AM

I don't think I'd be upset with Harbaugh if he's canned in Baltimore.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 11:15 AM

Be surprised if Gase does

Ill be surprised If Harbaugh doesn’t rebound and make a playoff charge...but they definitely weren’t the Ravens team I had come to know yesterday afternoon

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 11:16 AM

If Baltimore misses the playoffs this year, which is very possible, I believe it will be 4 years straight without a playoff berth for them.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 12:24 PM
posted by BR1986FB

If Baltimore misses the playoffs this year, which is very possible, I believe it will be 4 years straight without a playoff berth for them.

Im ok with that

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 12:39 PM
posted by Ironman92

Be surprised if Gase does

Ill be surprised If Harbaugh doesn’t rebound and make a playoff charge...but they definitely weren’t the Ravens team I had come to know yesterday afternoon

I don't think it's going to help them, going forward, that this is Ozzie's last year picking players.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 12:45 PM

Patriots leading rusher is a converted receiver and Josh Gordon is being a Patriot

Patriots looked damn good last night

friendfromlowry

Mon, Nov 5, 2018 5:16 PM

This really backfired on Leveon Bell, right? He missed out on a lot of money, pissed off some teammates, and his backup stepped up just fine and the team hasn't seemed to miss his production.