Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Home Forums Politics

Spock

Mon, Jul 20, 2020 5:24 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1
Not saying he cannot do it again, just that he would have to pull another surprise. 

I will say it again.....Biden is going to be under a Federal investigation come October.  This election is over before it begins

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 12:20 PM

I watched a good portion of this interview last night. Holy shit, some of the stuff Trump says is bonkers and just wrong. 

Automatik

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 12:25 PM

Fake news!

Reminds me of when I went give a presentation in college and winged it with minimal prep. 😂

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 1:07 PM

LOL. Oh, so someone likes mail in votes now:

gut

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 2:35 PM

LMAO - Biden finally does an interview on Fox.  But not Joe, it was Jill.

majorspark

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 5:28 PM
posted by gut

Will she be debating for him as well?

Spock

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 6:54 PM
posted by gut

Serious....link?

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 7:10 PM
posted by gut

Ehh yeah Joe should be doing those, not just Jill. But, hey give her credit. Melania isn't doing those interviews. 

I'm still stuck on Trump saying over 1000 deaths a day is just,  "It is what it is." Just sums up how he has fucked this all up the last few months. It is like he has just thrown up his hands.

We had over 1000 deaths again today. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 9:30 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Ehh yeah Joe should be doing those, not just Jill. But, hey give her credit. Melania isn't doing those interviews. 

I'm still stuck on Trump saying over 1000 deaths a day is just,  "It is what it is." Just sums up how he has fucked this all up the last few months. It is like he has just thrown up his hands.

We had over 1000 deaths again today. 

What exactly is he supposed to be doing?  On a per capita basis, our death rate is similar to much of the developing world.  It's a a virus.  It's going to go where it will regardless of what human politicians say or do.  Lockdowns may delay the inevitable.  Other than that, all he can do is push hard for a vaccine and encourage people to carry on as much as they are personally able.  This idea that a political leader can dictate the outcome of this is fanciful.  I don't blame Trump for any of it any more than I blame democrat governors for the virus activity in their own state.  

gut

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 11:31 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't blame Trump for any of it any more than I blame democrat governors for the virus activity in their own state.  

Cuomo has told us repeatedly that Trump can't tell him what to do.  Then, usually, a day or two later he blames Trump for not doing something he said Trump couldn't do.

Other countries have been arguably more successful because they locked down longer and opened with much fewer active cases (per capita).  But that's only a winning strategy if we get a decent vaccine sooner rather than later.  There are many negative externalities to shutting down, obviously.

Unfortunately some people can't prevent their own exposure.  But for most, their exposure is mainly voluntary.  We don't need to shutdown everything to force people to make the choices they are perfectly capable of doing voluntarily.

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 7:45 AM

What exactly is he supposed to be doing? 

The availability of testing is heavily dependent on the Federal Government. He has been a dismal failure.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 7:57 AM

Love how boogie is all of a sudden a big trump guy and right winger. Pulled a reverse sleeper and went from far left to far right. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 8:26 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Love how boogie is all of a sudden a big trump guy and right winger. Pulled a reverse sleeper and went from far left to far right. 

I loathe Trump. I just don't see how he is suppose to stop the spread of a virus. It's not that he's done a "fantastic" job as he alleges  He's and all these other politicians are non factors here  COVID has become a political issue like everything else. I happen to believe we as a society have completely overreacted to it. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 8:27 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

The availability of testing is heavily dependent on the Federal Government. He has been a dismal failure.

We're testing more people and a higher percentage than most developed countries. 

Automatik

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 8:49 AM

1000 dead a day, 160k and climbing. Complete overreaction! 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 8:52 AM
posted by Automatik

1000 dead a day, 160k and climbing. Complete overreaction! 

It has nothing to do with the tragedy of people dying. That is terrible. It's to do with isolating people and ruining people's jobs for no justifiable reason. 

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 9:11 AM

We're testing more people and a higher percentage than most developed countries. 

By now, tests should be available to anyone who wants one, or one every day. Not "needs", wants. We're not remotely where we should be.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 10:25 AM

You can’t be serious boogie. Lol completely overreacted? You want to tell the millions of family members who’ve lost a loved one that we’ve just overblown this whole thing? Get the fuck out of here dude. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 11:23 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

You can’t be serious boogie. Lol completely overreacted? You want to tell the millions of family members who’ve lost a loved one that we’ve just overblown this whole thing? Get the fuck out of here dude. 

For the upteenth time, my opinion has nothing to do with the tragedies of people dying.  It's terrible and I feel for their families.  My opinion that we've overreacted is not in the sense that we are pretending something is more serious than it is.  It is serious and should be taken seriously as most of us are.  Overreaction in the sense of isolating people and ruining businesses - steps that have had, and will have no effect on the ultimate outcome of this virus.  

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 11:27 AM

For the upteenth time, my opinion has nothing to do with the tragedies of people dying.  It's terrible and I feel for their families.  My opinion that we've overreacted is not in the sense that we are pretending something is more serious than it is.  It is serious and should be taken seriously as most of us are.  Overreaction in the sense of isolating people and ruining businesses - steps that have had, and will have no effect on the ultimate outcome of this virus.  

Seems to me that the "overreacting" could be a part of the reason that it's not as serious as advertised.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 11:34 AM

Do you actually think the number of sick and/or dead people would be the same no matter the precautions that were taken? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 11:46 AM
posted by Fab4Runner

Do you actually think the number of sick and/or dead people would be the same no matter the precautions that were taken? 

If people weren't social distancing, wearing masks and staying in if they had underlying conditions - yes, I  think the numbers would be different.  If schools and businesses hadn't been shut down, no I don't think that would have changed things much.

gut

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 12:33 PM
posted by Fab4Runner

The lockdowns and precautions only slow or delay the spread, which is to say they don't save lives they just prolong them a few months. 

Unless a vaccine actually does eradicate the virus, in which case you did save lives.  Still doesn't change the fact that people have the option to take all these precautions without any govt intervention.

gut

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 12:39 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Isn't that more a result of outsourcing that occurred long before Trump became POTUS?

The response, and faults, at least in the early days isn't really Trump but whatever playbook was created by Obama and Bush.  I would love to hear more, and see some evidence, of Biden's claims that Trump didn't follow that playbook.

Certainly the stockpiles were inadequate, and Trump had 3 years to add to them.  But they were at a level mandated by Obama/Bush.  Actually, Bush had ordered cheaper and more portable ventilators.  That program failed.  Obama did the same with another vendor, but those models were yet to be delivered.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 12:45 PM
posted by gut

Isn't that more a result of outsourcing that occurred long before Trump became POTUS?

The response, and faults, at least in the early days isn't really Trump but whatever playbook was created by Obama and Bush.  I would love to hear more, and see some evidence, of Biden's claims that Trump didn't follow that playbook.

Certainly the stockpiles were inadequate, and Trump had 3 years to add to them.  But they were at a level mandated by Obama/Bush.  Actually, Bush had ordered cheaper and more portable ventilators.  That program failed.  Obama did the same with another vendor, but those models were yet to be delivered.

Trump cut the department of the federal government that was in charge of pandemics  

That department was created, I believe, by GWB, and Obama added to the department