Home Forums Sports

Automatik

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 4:08 PM

I've always preferred Ronaldo.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 7:20 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m a big Messi fan, but you’re smoking some crack-cocaine if you don’t think Ronaldo is the best player in the world. 

This. 

What an awesome game. They set the bar really high. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 9:00 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Why would Russia/Saudi Arabia have anything to do with Salah?

Same group. Russia and Egypt will likely fight for 2nd place. A 5-0 win for Russia did not do Egypt any favors at all.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 9:02 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m a big Messi fan, but you’re smoking some crack-cocaine if you don’t think Ronaldo is the best player in the world. 

Not the same type of player at all, but why so definite? 

Messi is a much, much better passer and slightly better dribbler. Ronaldo with more power and better shot. But both score at incredible rates. Messi is tougher to take out of the game, though. Ronaldo can sulk a bit when the game isn’t conducive to his style.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 9:06 PM
posted by Laley23

Not the same type of player at all, but why so definite? 

Messi is a much, much better passer and slightly better dribbler. Ronaldo with more power and better shot. But both score at incredible rates. Messi is tougher to take out of the game, though. Ronaldo can sulk a bit when the game isn’t conducive to his style.

I was waiting for your response to that lol I know you're a big Messi guy. Your response did not disappoint. 

Since when has Ronaldo been taken out of a game defensively? Not that I watch a ton of his games, but every game i've watched of his in the last 3-4 years he's been completely dominant. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 9:12 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I was waiting for your response to that lol I know you're a big Messi guy. Your response did not disappoint. 

Since when has Ronaldo been taken out of a game defensively? Not that I watch a ton of his games, but every game i've watched of his in the last 3-4 years he's been completely dominant. 

Tons of Real games this year. La Liga has figured out how to kinda play Real the last few seasons. He isn’t taken out specifically, but his mind is taken out when things aren’t going well. Hell, the US had him completely pissed off and playing like shit 4 years ago...until the Bradley fuck up leading to his strike.

I’m not trying to hate on him. I think he is the 2nd best player to ever live. I just think Messi is slightly better. Mostly because his passing is way better and dribbling is slightly better.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 9:51 PM
posted by Laley23

Tons of Real games this year. La Liga has figured out how to kinda play Real the last few seasons. He isn’t taken out specifically, but his mind is taken out when things aren’t going well. Hell, the US had him completely pissed off and playing like shit 4 years ago...until the Bradley fuck up leading to his strike.

I’m not trying to hate on him. I think he is the 2nd best player to ever live. I just think Messi is slightly better. Mostly because his passing is way better and dribbling is slightly better.

You’re picking a team right now, and you’re seriously going to take Messi over Ronaldo? I don’t believe you. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jun 15, 2018 10:07 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

You’re picking a team right now, and you’re seriously going to take Messi over Ronaldo? I don’t believe you. 

Messi just led Barcelona to a title, 17 points clear of Real, while scoring 34 goals (best in league) and assisting on 12 more (best in league). Yeah, what a terrible decision by me...??

I watch virtually every Real and Barcelona game. They are incredible talents. Messi is better at more things, including not being hurt as much (calling my own jinx before Argentina game tomorrow).

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Jun 16, 2018 7:59 AM

France with 2 VAR assisted (correctly) goals to beat Australia 2-1. Where was VAR in 2002, when Fringes robbed the USA of a probably semifinal bid!!!!???? I’ll never get over that.

Iliketurtles

Sat, Jun 16, 2018 8:56 AM

Well 5am was too early for me. Fell back asleep and missed the entire 2nd half. Really excited for Argentina and Iceland coming up.

Laley thanks for bringing that up now I'm not going to root for Germany to win this world cup. I was so pissed when we didn't get that handball call.  

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Jun 16, 2018 9:01 AM

Anyone else have Fox stay on news and not switch to pregame when FS1 went to NHRA Zane directed us to local Fox channel? Fucking had to watch 30 minutes of Louisville local news like I give a fuck haha.

Automatik

Sat, Jun 16, 2018 9:50 AM

I'm streaming to my TV via Fox Sports online. The other camera options are pretty cool.

cat_lover

Sat, Jun 16, 2018 10:03 AM

I have Fox from Columbus and they switched right over.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Jun 16, 2018 10:24 AM

Messi! Lol

You can quote stats all you'd like Laley, but open your eyes and watch the games--the big games, not Barcelona vs Ath. Balbao--and it's so obvious Ronaldo is a better player than Messi. 

Automatik

Sat, Jun 16, 2018 10:26 AM

He's a basket case when it comes to penalties. Aguero would have put that in the net.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Jun 16, 2018 11:38 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Messi! Lol

You can quote stats all you'd like Laley, but open your eyes and watch the games--the big games, not Barcelona vs Ath. Balbao--and it's so obvious Ronaldo is a better player than Messi. 

So, we just didn’t watch Ronaldo in the WC until yesterday? 

Messi is so bad at PKs. It’s really weird. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 8:11 AM

Did you guys see Landon Donovan tweet a sponsored ad from Wells Fargo to root for Mexico? What a loser

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 11:31 AM

I can’t stand chicharito

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 1:08 PM

Fucking Germans. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 1:34 PM

The one time I wanted to see Germany win and they lose to fucking Mexico smh.

Btw, if you have an HD antenna and you aren’t watching on telemundo, you’re doing it wrong.

Automatik

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 1:46 PM

I'm not sure mine picks up Telemundo, have to check.

Hats off to Mexico. Germany looked very average. I thought that bicycle kick was going in.

Automatik

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 11:00 AM

Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina combined for 3 points after their first game. Crazy.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 4:02 PM
posted by Automatik

Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina combined for 3 points after their first game. Crazy.

And I think only Germany is in any danger...

Though Argentina needs some better midfield play.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 4:04 PM

Harry Kane! That was a great finish. Belgium vs England should be a really fun match with both battling for the top seed.

cat_lover

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 10:43 PM

The header by Harry Kane was a thing of beauty.