NBA Regular Season 19/20

Home Forums Sports

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 8:47 PM

LBJ deserves the MVP

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 9:04 PM

Wonder at what point New Orleans takes the training wheels off Zion. 15 minutes tonight. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 12:02 AM

Couldn’t have asked for 2 better games. Been awesome.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 12:10 AM

Covid hasn’t been kind to lebron’s hair. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 1:07 AM

Don’t get why Zion doesn’t play more

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 4:43 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Don’t get why Zion doesn’t play more

They rather be in the lottery vs being bounced in the first round of the corona playoffs. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 11:57 AM

NBA must be thrilled about his minute restrictions. You know they designed the system so he would be included. Opening night game and he plays 15 minutes. 

As others have said, at least include a few of those minutes for the end of the game? 

cat_lover

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:37 PM

Dallas 85
Houston 75
Oh this isn't a final it is the score at HALFTIME.

Fun game to watch absolutely no defense.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 7:27 PM

Seriously got a breaking news alert earlier that Meyers Leonard (a forward off the Heat bench) stood during the anthem. What’s worse, people were actually arguing if he was right or not do that. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 9:04 PM
posted by like_that

They rather be in the lottery vs being bounced in the first round of the corona playoffs. 

I didn’t think this could be true at first but maybe you’re right. Got blown out tonight, 14 minutes for Zion. Why even fucking waste the trouble to go. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 9:06 PM

Lillard has been absolutely incredible these playoffs. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 9:13 PM

NBA announced today there’d be a bubble MVP award and it’s hard to argue against him. 61 points tonight in a must win game. 

SportsAndLady

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 9:17 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

NBA announced today there’d be a bubble MVP award and it’s hard to argue against him. 61 points tonight in a must win game. 

Booker and Warren?

friendfromlowry

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 9:25 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Booker and Warren?

Booker maybe if the Suns get in and the Blazers dont. Warren could be 3rd or 4th. He was shut down last night. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 8:15 AM

I cannot get into it...maybe about 2nd rd of playoffs

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 9:00 AM
posted by Ironman92

I cannot get into it...maybe about 2nd rd of playoffs

I've watched a few games, but likewise, as it is still not the playoffs, I'm not as interested. I'll tune in I'm sure once we get deeper into the playoffs. 

Instead, I've just found myself watching more and more NHL. 

The Jackets being in and playing an insanely historic 5 OT game yesterday helps. But, even the other games, I am watching them more than the NBA right now. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 11:13 AM

The NBA bubble has been fantastic. I’m actually stunned they’ve pulled it off so well. The games have been better than any regular season matchup. 

Note: it helps when the 10 worst teams aren’t there.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 1:33 AM

My only complaint is I wish just this once they would have said top 16 teams instead of 8 from each conference. We’re about to have the 7 or 8 bubble wins Suns and Booker sent home but the Magic and their 6 game losing steak stick around. 

First round matchups are all set except for the Lakers. Clippers and Mavs should be awesome. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 7:35 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I've watched a few games, but likewise, as it is still not the playoffs, I'm not as interested. I'll tune in I'm sure once we get deeper into the playoffs. 

Instead, I've just found myself watching more and more NHL. 

The Jackets being in and playing an insanely historic 5 OT game yesterday helps. But, even the other games, I am watching them more than the NBA right now. 

The 5 OT game ticked me off because I was watching Reds on Hulu but hockey game stayed on and then a 20 min postgame....hockey game started 3 hours before Reds and I only got to watch the last 10 min of the 10th inning.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 9:55 AM

I don’t watch a ton of NBA, but are these scores way higher than usual? Seems like a ton of high scoring games.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 11:11 AM
posted by iclfan2

I don’t watch a ton of NBA, but are these scores way higher than usual? Seems like a ton of high scoring games.

The scores in the bubble are on par with how they had been prior. Like Lalely said, you don’t have the ten worst teams in the bubble. The low scoring teams like the Cavs, Knicks, Hornets, etc. are sitting at home. Milwaukee, Houston, Dallas, Clippers are all averaging over 115ppg. Dallas and Houston had a game last week where they combined for over 300 points, which was definitely an outlier. I’d say scores in the 120s are the top range of normal. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 2:59 PM
posted by iclfan2

It started with the Rockets (and kinda GSW), but now everyone in the league pretty much shoots 50 threes a game. The analytics has figured out and maximized offense. Everyone averages over 100 these days.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 3:03 PM
posted by Laley23

It started with the Rockets (and kinda GSW), but now everyone in the league pretty much shoots 50 threes a game. The analytics has figured out and maximized offense. Everyone averages over 100 these days.

Have you ever read or heard what % do 3’s need to be made to use that philosophy? Is it make legitimate for an NBA team to use that philosophy over say a high school team where the best shooter is well below the level of shooter of worst NBA guy jacking 3’s?

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 3:26 PM
posted by Ironman92

Have you ever read or heard what % do 3’s need to be made to use that philosophy? Is it make legitimate for an NBA team to use that philosophy over say a high school team where the best shooter is well below the level of shooter of worst NBA guy jacking 3’s?

I don't know percentage of the shooter/team. But, that would depend on their percentage of 2s and FT rate as well.

Basic math says you can make 33% of threes, and that takes you to level with a team shooting 50% inside the arc. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 6:47 PM
posted by Laley23

I don't know percentage of the shooter/team. But, that would depend on their percentage of 2s and FT rate as well.

Basic math says you can make 33% of threes, and that takes you to level with a team shooting 50% inside the arc. 

And it’s more territory to cover for the defense. Not sure the exact but remember them talking about a pass in to the post being guarded yielded like .81 points whereas a 3 point attempt yielded like 1.24 points