NBA Regular Season 19/20

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 16, 2020 11:57 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Yep. I still don’t understand what they did with the rules but in the end they accomplished having the 24 best/healthy players in the world compete and care. Kyle Lowry out there drawing charges FFS. 

It’s the Elam Ending. Take total score of first 3Q, add 24 (for Kobe, was going to be 30 I think) points to leading team score to create the target score. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 12:01 AM

Team Giannis scored 143 points in just over 3 quarters and then over the next half hour couldn’t score 14

friendfromlowry

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 1:10 AM
posted by Ironman92

Team Giannis scored 143 points in just over 3 quarters and then over the next half hour couldn’t score 14

My only concern was it took a little too long. Russillo pointed out 4th quarter took nearly 42 minutes. But it was pretty cool to see Lebron, AD, Harden, and Kawhi coming back in the 4th when the game was close. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 11:21 AM

My only concern was it took a little too long. Russillo pointed out 4th quarter took nearly 42 minutes. But it was pretty cool to see Lebron, AD, Harden, and Kawhi coming back in the 4th when the game was close. 

They were getting tired too.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 9:46 PM

Bradley Beal scoring average going up a bit the last couple days

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 11:14 AM

Lebron is so special 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 1:04 PM
posted by Ironman92

Lebron is so special 

Last night was pretty incredible. He had like 5 different scoring bursts of 6-10 in a row.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 5:54 PM
posted by BR1986FB

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/the-gift-zion-williamson-blessed-his-pelicans-teammates-with-152715634.html

I’m guilty as a Zion follower. He’s can’t miss mesmerizing to me. I love what he does and how he does it. Humble, not some diva. I watched 2 NBA games before he returned. I watch every game they are televised now. I like that Pelicans team. Hoping they can make the playoffs.

I like the NBA but couldn’t get into it until he returned (other than a couple LeBron Lakers games. Now I’m back into enjoying the Lakers, Bucks, Raptors, Clippers, Trailblazers and Pelicans....but honestly I wouldn’t be watching much at all right now had Zion not entered the equation. Love him

Hope he stays so likable

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 7:07 PM

Zion is great. I hope he can last into his late 20s. What makes him most special is the quick first step and jumping/explosion. If that goes, he doesnt have much of a shot at 6'6 and his body type.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 8:15 PM
posted by Laley23

Zion is great. I hope he can last into his late 20s. What makes him most special is the quick first step and jumping/explosion. If that goes, he doesnt have much of a shot at 6'6 and his body type.

Always worried his career will be like a Bo Jackson

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 8:22 PM
posted by Ironman92

Always worried his career will be like a Bo Jackson

Yep. Its "easy" to be that athletic at 19 with his body. Not so easy, even, at like, 25. Not sure he is the same player if he drops all the weight, but not sure he can last for a full career if he doesnt. Torn as a fan.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 1, 2020 9:10 PM

Lakers/Pelicans....yes please 

63-61 at half

Zion 17 on 7 of 9

Lebron with 19

Zion got into the lane and just hammered one down and Lebron goes down court and pulls up from 40 and drills it lol....fun half

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 1, 2020 10:16 PM

Still great

Lebron and Zion are breaking spirits out there

Caldwell Pope big minutes for Lakers and Lonzo Ball near Westbrook speed and tremendous long passer 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Mar 5, 2020 7:08 AM

Pelicans struggling without the perimeter shooting right now. Redick our isn’t helping. Not going to sneak that 8 spot.....in the mean time Porzingas is healthy and back to all-star level of late. Seth Curry is living in the corner and scoring big....and Luca getting better and better.

They will not be a fun first round matchup

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 7, 2020 4:39 PM

Brooklyn Nets fire their head coach. Not really sure why. I’d imagine Kyrie mostly and maybe Durant. But they knew Durant wasn’t playing this season and they only got 20 games out of Kyrie. Why fire a head coach based on those results. They might make the playoffs, and they’ll absolutely get killed when/if they do. Idk, NBA is way too trigger happy on firing coaches. Plus this guy had a lot of unpredicted success last season. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 8, 2020 10:26 AM

Brooklyn Nets fire their head coach. Not really sure why. I’d imagine Kyrie mostly and maybe Durant. But they knew Durant wasn’t playing this season and they only got 20 games out of Kyrie. Why fire a head coach based on those results. They might make the playoffs, and they’ll absolutely get killed when/if they do. Idk, NBA is way too trigger happy on firing coaches. Plus this guy had a lot of unpredicted success last season. 

But on the flip side, Philly won’t fire Brown because he went through the hard times even though he is an awful coach.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Mar 8, 2020 7:19 PM

Sounds like it was a mutual splitting and Atkinson didn’t want to be apart of coaching Durant/Irving next season. I need to stop jumping the gun when coaches get fired. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 8, 2020 8:42 PM

Sounds like it was a mutual splitting and Atkinson didn’t want to be apart of coaching Durant/Irving next season. I need to stop jumping the gun when coaches get fired. 

Fair enough though...who would’ve thought?

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 9, 2020 12:37 AM

LeBron, as has been the case for about 15 years now, still the best player in the league when he wants to be. Hell, he might be the best player this year taking 25% of the game off most nights.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 9, 2020 10:59 AM

Saw on twitter that Vegas oddsmakers have the Mavs as the 3rd most likely Western Conference team to make the finals...they are the 7 seed

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 9, 2020 11:28 AM
posted by Ironman92

Saw on twitter that Vegas oddsmakers have the Mavs as the 3rd most likely Western Conference team to make the finals...they are the 7 seed

Wonder what the winning percentage is with both of them healthy?