NBA Offseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 9:33 AM

US loses to France in the semis. Embarrassing performance. I don’t care who was on the roster. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 11:09 AM
posted by wildcats20

US loses to France in the semis. Embarrassing performance. I don’t care who was on the roster. 

No excuse for it. You hit it on the head, embarrassing.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Sep 12, 2019 9:06 AM

Annnnd now they lose to Serbia. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 12, 2019 10:15 AM

Do we really care about the US team? I’ve never cared one bit outside of the Olympics

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Sep 12, 2019 10:32 AM

^^^
This.  I'd much rather see international competitions with equal playing fields.  Best vs. Best.  Or absolutely zero professionals allowed, and level it across the board.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Sep 12, 2019 1:39 PM
posted by Laley23

Do we really care about the US team? I’ve never cared one bit outside of the Olympics

This was the reaction a lot of people had to the FIBA tourney before 2004 Athens.  I would prefer to see our country dominate this sport. I hope they don’t send their G team to the Olympics.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Sep 12, 2019 1:53 PM
posted by Laley23

That's my opinion, too. Guys play an 82-game season plus (in many cases) any number of playoff games. Hard to imagine too many of those guys getting up and excited about playing in "Random National Tournament #35398568" or whatever the fuck this one is. Olympics at least has the prestige in its name; this, not so much.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 12, 2019 2:12 PM
posted by like_that

This was the reaction a lot of people had to the FIBA tourney before 2004 Athens.  I would prefer to see our country dominate this sport. I hope they don’t send their G team to the Olympics.

I’ve never watched a single second of USA outside the Olympics. And we do dominate the sport. Even the French and Croatians know they didn’t just beat Kawhii/LeBron/AD/Durant/etc.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Sep 12, 2019 4:09 PM
posted by Laley23

Agreed. The NBA players don't GAF clearly. It's great for the young guys like Mitchell, Turner, and essentially the entire Celtics starting line-up to get some extra training with a phenomenal coaching staff. But I don't think Mitchell/Walker ever simultaneously had good games except for maybe the first one. Tatum was hurt, the bench consisted of Lopez, Marcus Smart, Derrick White, and one of the Plumlee brothers FFS. 

QuakerOats

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 11:47 AM

NBA cowering to the Chi-comms:  what a pathetic disgrace.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 12:47 PM

Did you guys see Ben Simmons hit a three pointer last night!!!!!!

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 2:57 PM

I agree with QO, but let’s not allow this to turn into a politard thread. Take it to another thread.

QuakerOats

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 4:33 PM

Agreed

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 5:09 PM

Lakers favorites to win it? I don’t see it

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 5:47 PM
posted by Ironman92

Lakers favorites to win it? I don’t see it

With KD hobbled, they have the best 2 payers from 2018-2018 season. Depth is a bit of an issue, but can also be addressed to an extent. Health, and LeBrons decline are the biggest factors imo.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 5:55 PM
posted by Laley23

With KD hobbled, they have the best 2 payers from 2018-2018 season. Depth is a bit of an issue, but can also be addressed to an extent. Health, and LeBrons decline are the biggest factors imo.

I just can’t see AD being healthy enough to help carry them through the season and playoffs. On average over his 7 years he’s missed 16 games a season.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 6:37 PM

Does anyone actually believe that Zion being much heavier all summer/camp didn’t lead to his knee issue? 

He was easily 20 pounds heavier than he was at Duke. 

Automatik

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 7:15 PM

Are you saying he’s currently 305? Because he was listed as 285 while at Duke.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Oct 22, 2019 7:16 PM
posted by Automatik

Are you saying he’s currently 305? Because he was listed as 285 while at Duke.

I don’t know his weight. But he was clearly carrying more weight. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 12:24 AM
posted by Ironman92

I just can’t see AD being healthy enough to help carry them through the season and playoffs. On average over his 7 years he’s missed 16 games a season.

The last 3 years he’s been very healthy. Unless you think he was actually hurt last year (I don’t).

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 9:01 AM
posted by Laley23

The last 3 years he’s been very healthy. Unless you think he was actually hurt last year (I don’t).

He’s missed 115 games in 7 years. Odds of him playing 72+ games isn’t great.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 1:53 PM
posted by Ironman92

He’s missed 115 games in 7 years. Odds of him playing 72+ games isn’t great.

I don’t think the Lakers even want him playing more than 70. I’d probably cap him and LeBron around 70. Maybe 67 for LeBron (15 games off). Ideally a bit less for both, if possible.

Kawhi Leonard has never played more than 74 games in a season. He played 60 last year. You’re not concerned with him and injuries?

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Oct 23, 2019 4:34 PM
posted by Laley23

I don’t think the Lakers even want him playing more than 70. I’d probably cap him and LeBron around 70. Maybe 67 for LeBron (15 games off). Ideally a bit less for both, if possible.

Kawhi Leonard has never played more than 74 games in a season. He played 60 last year. You’re not concerned with him and injuries?

Why cap Davis at 70?

0 chance the lakers win the 2020 NBA title with what they have

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Oct 24, 2019 12:11 AM
posted by Ironman92

Why cap Davis at 70?

0 chance the lakers win the 2020 NBA title with what they have

Because the best players don’t play more than 75 games when 100% healthy. And they are starting to go more towards 70 if a deep playoff run is anticipated (and home court isn’t essential).

I agree, they would have to make a few moves. Will be a better guage when we see them not versus the best team in the west, imo.