NBA Offseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sun, Jun 16, 2019 10:38 AM

Kyrie or Kawhi to LA would be huge.  Who is now the team to beat, since GSW are done?  Houston?  Portland?  Denver?  OKC?

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Sun, Jun 16, 2019 10:42 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Kyrie or Kawhi to LA would be huge.  Who is now the team to beat, since GSW are done?  Houston?  Portland?  Denver?  OKC?

Interesting question. One that will change over time, I'll admit all season and even in the playoffs I never thought the Raps were for real.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jun 16, 2019 11:19 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Probably the team that added Anthony Davis. And has the room to add another big name. 

Spock

Sun, Jun 16, 2019 12:05 PM

There is no way that AD is worth 6 players.....especially 3 first round picks including a top 5 pick

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jun 16, 2019 1:20 PM
posted by Spock

There is no way that AD is worth 6 players.....especially 3 first round picks including a top 5 pick

He’s 26 years old, could be the best player in the league next season, and wants to be on your team for a few years at least. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Jun 17, 2019 9:41 AM
posted by Spock

Disagree.

kizer permanente

Mon, Jun 17, 2019 9:48 AM

Lakers give up 3 average players and picks that most likely won't amount to anything as the Lakers will be good (there's a huge drop off from 3 to 4 this year). Lakers get AD.

Yeah.. I do that everyday of the week. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jun 17, 2019 10:21 AM

I think the 4th pick this year could be better than any of the players Lakers gave up. So, yeah, not to high on Ingram but do really like Ball. Think he can still be special, but hasn’t shown enough to hold up antrade for AD

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Jun 17, 2019 11:04 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Lakers give up 3 average players and picks that most likely won't amount to anything as the Lakers will be good (there's a huge drop off from 3 to 4 this year). Lakers get AD.

Yeah.. I do that everyday of the week. 

Not to mention spent 3 top 2 picks on:

• Russell
  • Ingram
  • Ball

And have made the playoffs exactly zero times in that span.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Jun 18, 2019 9:22 PM

With Kyrie almost assured to go a NY team, Klay staying in GSW, and potential break up of Harden/CP3 will be interesting to see where other FAs end up.

• D'Angelo Russell
  • CP3
  • Leonard
  • Kemba (probably stay in Charlotte)
  • Jimmy Butts
  • Tobias Harris
  • Cousins
  • Randle
  • Al Horford

Lot of great FAs on the market, I think we're in for a shake up and an interesting draft.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 4:47 PM

Memphis trades Conley to the Jazz for Grayson Allen, Korver, Crowder, and the 23rd pick. That’s a heck of a haul, but the Jazz are going to be really good with Conley. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 6:03 PM
posted by wildcats20

Memphis trades Conley to the Jazz for Grayson Allen, Korver, Crowder, and the 23rd pick. That’s a heck of a haul, but the Jazz are going to be really good with Conley. 

I don't know a ton about Grayson Allen, but he was the 21st pick and played less than 10 min a game. Korver and Crowder are avg players and 23rd pick in a "bad" draft doesn't seem like a ton to me. Given Conley's contract I think it's fair and good deal for both sides.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 6:33 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

I don't know a ton about Grayson Allen, but he was the 21st pick and played less than 10 min a game. Korver and Crowder are avg players and 23rd pick in a "bad" draft doesn't seem like a ton to me. Given Conley's contract I think it's fair and good deal for both sides.

I chose my words poorly, I meant giving up basically nothing for Conley. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Jun 19, 2019 6:38 PM
posted by wildcats20

I chose my words poorly, I meant giving up basically nothing for Conley. 

Hopefully Mitchell continues to ascend. Conley and Gobert will probably be the best 1/5 starting 5 defenisvely in the association.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jun 20, 2019 11:13 PM

Bilas and Billups both agreed Cavs had the best first round of the draft.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 11:06 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Bilas and Billups both agreed Cavs had the best first round of the draft.

I have a few different thoughts on the Cavs draft.

1. We took a 6'0.5" tall PG. No way around this, he's small. Doesn't mean he can't be great, but he's already behind the 8 ball. Hard to defend when you're small.
  2. We drafted Sexton, a small | nonathletic | bad shooting | TERRIBLE defensive player - PG last yr at #8. If Koby is already thinking about moving on I commend him for not picking a worse player to save face, but fuck me.
  3. Media is trying to spin this as CJ/Dame in Portland. Both players are 6'4". Huge difference IMO.
  4. I like that the kid has great ball handling skills and can shoot
  5. Every player we took can shoot the rock. I like that.
  6. We didn't trade our biggest piece in JR Smith's contract. That is a big blunder IMO.
  7. I still think Koby Atlman is a trash.
  8. Cavs will not be a competitive team next season, and that's ok.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 12:15 PM

Garland is like 6’3. It’s a small backcourt when you combined him with 6’2 Sexton, but Garland is not a small PG. and Sexton showed last year he needs to be an off-guard. I love the Garland pick to pair with Sexton. Sexton showed he can score in this league, so automatically he needs to be given a chance even if his defense was bad last year.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 12:31 PM
posted by Laley23

Garland is like 6’3. It’s a small backcourt when you combined him with 6’2 Sexton, but Garland is not a small PG. and Sexton showed last year he needs to be an off-guard. I love the Garland pick to pair with Sexton. Sexton showed he can score in this league, so automatically he needs to be given a chance even if his defense was bad last year.

His official measurement without shoes is 6'0.5"
6'5" wingspan tho.

As for Sexton, scoring in this league sure. Scoring efficiently? He hasn't proven that yet. He also only picked up his scoring towards the end of the season when most teams are coasting. I'm still a huge skeptic of him obviously. I think he sucks.

superman

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 1:16 PM

Anybody who thinks the Cavs had a better first round than the Pelicans might be borderline retarded.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 6:50 PM

His official measurement without shoes is 6'0.5"
6'5" wingspan tho.

As for Sexton, scoring in this league sure. Scoring efficiently? He hasn't proven that yet. He also only picked up his scoring towards the end of the season when most teams are coasting. I'm still a huge skeptic of him obviously. I think he sucks.

Counter point: He plays basketball with his shoes. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 7:04 PM

I was zero surprised to see Bol drop as much as he did and will never understand why he was ranked so high. These BAF guys are so easily injury prone. Hell he already is. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 7:23 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I was zero surprised to see Bol drop as much as he did and will never understand why he was ranked so high. These BAF guys are so easily injury prone. Hell he already is. 

BAF?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 7:31 PM

BAF?

Big ass fucking?

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Jun 21, 2019 7:31 PM

Thought about making a separate thread with a poll, but I'm still waiting on like_that's promised thread ideas from Srs Biz.

If you're the celtics, knowing what you know now, would you still trade for Kyrie Irving? IMO it's been a lose lose for both teams.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jun 23, 2019 5:42 PM

A lot of people on Twitter defending Lavar Ball for getting banned from ESPN for his comments to Molly Qerim, saying his comments weren't meant to be sexual. How about this: Who cares if they were or weren't. He should be banned because he's a fucking idiot who has never said anything intelligent or reasonable about basketball.