Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 11:20 AM

Game 5, I feel is a must win. I do not know if the Cavs can win 2 in a row in game 6 and 7

The East looks as bad as ever

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 11:26 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Lue is just SMH material the entire game. No adjustments to the 2nd half what so ever, not getting Clarkson more burn, not getting Cedi any burn while Green is out there...doing god knows what. Just terrible.

I think Mike Brown could have managed that 2nd half (especially the 3rd quarter) better than Lue. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 11:55 AM
posted by like_that

I think Mr. Potatohead could have managed that 2nd half (especially the 3rd quarter) better than Lue. 

Agreed. I'm listening to an NBA Podcast and just got reminded how Hedo Turkolou and Rashard Lewis got busted for HGH following 2009. Pissed me off and felt anyone in this thread needed to be pissed of as well.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 1:11 PM
posted by like_that

They could also easily be up 3-1 to be fair. 

And they could've easily been swept.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 1:33 PM

And they could have easily swept. 

Why are we doing this again? 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 1:34 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And they could've easily been swept.

That's a reach.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 1:34 PM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Agreed. I'm listening to an NBA Podcast and just got reminded how Hedo Turkolou and Rashard Lewis got busted for HGH following 2009. Pissed me off and felt anyone in this thread needed to be pissed of as well.

Speaking of turkish players, it has been a pleasure watching our turkish rookie contribute to this series.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 1:40 PM
posted by like_that

That's a reach.

Why? They blew leads in the last two games and almost blew one in game 2.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 1:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Why? They blew leads in the last two games and almost blew one in game 2.

If you have watched the Cavs the last 4 years, you would know a lot of their playoff wins have gone this way.  Using this logic, you could say the Cavs easily could have been swept last year in the first round too. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 4:04 PM

I’m actually gonna credit Lue for his defense of Oladipo since game 2, to start the games. However, he cannot figure out how to actually make adjustments off his initial adjustment. The doubling of him up top was a good move. The sagging off him with the double last game was a good move. But once the Pacers figure out these things, Cavs have no backup plan.

And his rotations are just mind boggling. I honestly can’t figure out why Cedi, who is athletic, has size, ball handling ability and is a solid defender can’t eat a chance. Green is athletic...and? A good defender 1/5 trips?? 

Thanks to JR, who is doing a pretty damn good job 1-1 with Victor, it has masked Lues inability to figure out a way to get the ball out of his hands, without leaving a shooter wide open.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 8:44 AM

So, with 2 days rest and home court, will the Cavs offense come to life?  They are ranked last or 2nd to last in every major offensive category in the playoffs so far.  They also haven't had anyone outside of Lebron score 20 points.  Pacers have been playing good D, but the Cavs have also been missing wide open shots.  If they hit their good looks, they would have blown the pacers out in their two wins, and probably would be up 3-1.  Can they stay this cold for this long?!? Also, Kevin Love needs to start acting like a max player.  Right now he is just the white version of TT.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 9:09 AM

It’s all about Love. We need him to score 20+ 

When he disappears, they don’t hVe a second player that can score that 20. 

I hope he shows up, but so far he’s been a complete fucking bum. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 9:20 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

It’s all about Love. We need him to score 20+ 

When he disappears, they don’t hVe a second player that can score that 20. 

I hope he shows up, but so far he’s been a complete fucking bum. 

It has been a terrible matchup for Love.  He is getting manhandled. I will take anyone that can score 20 at this point.  It probably won't happen though.  Lue thought Clarkson was too hot last game, so he benched him to cool him off. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 10:04 AM

I’ll take 4 3’s from Korver with 17 pts from Love

I think that will be enough alongside LeBron’s 33/14/12

ppaw1999

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 10:55 AM

Sounds like Hill is still questionable. Sucks Cavs can't get their entire team healthy. I think a healthy Hill would make a big difference in this series. Lebron, Love and Hill should be the core 3 for the starting lineup.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 2:24 PM

Korver getting hot should help. Pacers will probably focus on him more than usual to start, which could allow Love to get better looks. I know Love has had some good ones, but not like the regular season. I think Cavs put up 110 tonight and win relatively comfortably (110-96 or something).

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 7:33 PM

Meh start..

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 7:42 PM

So, apparently today Lebron is allowed to get iggy'd and get no calls. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 7:45 PM

Korver makes first, then nothing. JR missing wide open shots. Still can’t get Love open looks. Goodness.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 8:00 PM

For fucks sake how many fucking times are the refs going to send Sabonis to the line?!?

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 8:04 PM

For fucks sake, you fucking suck Love. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 8:08 PM

I don't understand how Love's performance can drop off that far.  He has gone from all star level player to a guy that TT should play over.

BRF

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 8:12 PM

Pretty shitty first half. 

Go Cavs. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 8:13 PM

Awful, love shouldn't be playing as much as he is. Giving us nothing.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Apr 25, 2018 8:13 PM
posted by like_that

I don't understand how Love's performance can drop off that far.  He has gone from all star level player to a guy that TT should play over.

Because what we feared about him in Minnesota is 100% true: he's a good basketball player but puts up stats in irrelevant regular season games that doesn't lead to wins. He's been great the last two years in the regular season, but when it gets to playoff time, he's outclassed.