JOK will be playing

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 2:04 PM

Bad Baker ain’t gonna win games.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 2:23 PM

Joe Woods is a disgrace. To consistently give up 3rd downs is all coaching and scheming. Just awful…6-7 today and only stopped them cause Myles knocked down the pass.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 2:30 PM
posted by Laley23

Joe Woods is a disgrace. To consistently give up 3rd downs is all coaching and scheming. Just awful…6-7 today and only stopped them cause Myles knocked down the pass.

This game is over. 

If you would've asked me two weeks ago, "who is more likely to pick apart the Browns defense, Joe Burrow or Mac Jones?" the answer would've been pretty obvious. This defense looks like utter trash.

The offense, and Mayfield, really looks bad. After the first drive they no longer can use the running game. First interception was horrible and should've had a second. Not totally on him but he's a big reason for the offense sputtering today.

Hat's off to the Hoodie...like they said on the radio, "he's making the Brown play left handed."

Just really disappointing that these guys came out this flat in such a meaningful game.

BRF

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 2:33 PM

🤦‍♂️🙄🤮😡

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 3:53 PM

What an embarrassment. Fire Joe Woods, been saying it for weeks. 0 adjustments made. And offense… woof

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 3:59 PM

Wellp...

BRF

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 4:01 PM
posted by like_that

Wellp...

…….that’s all, folks.

Gardens35

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 4:14 PM

Browns WR's caught 5 balls for 42 yards today. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 4:48 PM
posted by Gardens35

Browns WR's caught 5 balls for 42 yards today. 

Browns need to upgrade at WR in the offseason. Noticed toward the end the comment from the commentator about guys not being open. The Hoodie has gone away from press coverage and has gone to a zone coverage. I didn't see too many guys open. Baker threw a pick into double coverage and when they were wide open (Njoku) dropped it.

Just an embarrassing day but, surprisingly, if they can TCB in the division they can still get in.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 4:50 PM
posted by iclfan2

What an embarrassment. Fire Joe Woods, been saying it for weeks. 0 adjustments made. And offense… woof

The whole staff got outcoached (including Stefanski) by the Hoodie and McDaniels. They ran that damn reverse 3x's and got 10+ yards each attempt. JFC, you'd think they'd catch on at some point.

If they get behind two scores, it's over. That's a combination of Stefanski's super conservative offense and Baker/WR's not getting it done. I'd place it more on Stefanski though. This offense is built to get leads, not come back.

BRF

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 4:56 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Just an embarrassing day but, surprisingly, if they can TCB in the division they can still get in.

I just don’t see that happening. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 5:05 PM
posted by BRF
I just don’t see that happening. 

TBH, what I've seen the last two weeks between the Rats, Bengals, Steelers and Browns, it's like "hot potato." Doesn't look like any of them want it.

gut

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 6:03 PM
posted by BR1986FB

TBH, what I've seen the last two weeks between the Rats, Bengals, Steelers and Browns, it's like "hot potato." Doesn't look like any of them want it.

What it looks like to me, is that the NFL hasn't decided what its story lines are so far.

PIT wins today going away if Ben doesn't get Covid.  Not trying to derail the thread - but the jagoff Mason Rudolph did enough to win today.

To be honest, I still can't tell you if the refs were trying to help PIT or DET.  Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but it LOOKED like you're reffing the game with an eye on other games and aren't sure if PIT should win or lose.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 8:26 PM

And as far as Joe Woods' 'defense' goes, in giving up 40+ points they surrendered drives of 99, 95, 92 & 89 yards. Has to be some kind of record.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 9:54 PM
posted by BR1986FB

And as far as Joe Woods' 'defense' goes, in giving up 40+ points they surrendered drives of 99, 95, 92 & 89 yards. Has to be some kind of record.

You have to fire him.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 9:58 PM

I didn’t watch much of this game but when it was 24-7 and Pats had the ball….it really looked like the Browns defense didn’t even care on that drive. For that one drive it was an odd look…..I can’t speak of the rest of the game but I’ve watched a good portion of the Browns defensive snaps this year and have never thought that in any way.

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 15, 2021 7:26 AM
posted by Ironman92

I didn’t watch much of this game but when it was 24-7 and Pats had the ball….it really looked like the Browns defense didn’t even care on that drive. For that one drive it was an odd look…..I can’t speak of the rest of the game but I’ve watched a good portion of the Browns defensive snaps this year and have never thought that in any way.

Joe Woods said that the Patriots recognized some weaknesses that the Browns haven't fixed (nor have interest in fixing). That right there says "fire me." Also looking like Myles is more worried about padding his stats and getting the sack record than anything else. Newsome, who has been playing at an All-Pro level, looked bad yesterday. Defense was just horrible.

I've come to the realization that the Browns are going to have to explore another possible option at QB if they want to move forward. Baker was bad yesterday. Granted, I didn't see many open receivers but in a blowout like that you need to put up some respectable stats when the opposition has a huge lead. 73 yards passing isn't doing it. A lot of it falls on Stefanski for going into "OMG, the Patriots have a 7 point lead....we're in a SHOOTOUT !!!" mode and completely abandoning the run after the first drive but Baker has to be better.

QuakerOats

Mon, Nov 15, 2021 11:04 AM
posted by Ironman92

Zero fire from the players and the coaches; total embarrassment. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Nov 15, 2021 11:30 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Zero fire from the players and the coaches; total embarrassment. 

And players kind of threw coaches under the bus with comments from Bitonio, Myles and John Johnson after the game. Locker room could implode if something doesn't change.

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 19, 2021 9:42 AM

Chubb & Felton cleared to play Sunday

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Nov 19, 2021 12:14 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The combination of Baltimore losing a lot of RBs and needing Lamar to do everything, Pittsburgh having COVID/injury issues, Cleveland having COVID/injury issues as well as chemistry problems and Cincinnati being firmly in the "improved; not there yet" camp means this division could wind up being the NFC East for the 2021 year -- four teams; no one's good.

BR1986FB

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 11:33 AM

Browns have not fared well against the Lions. Last time the Browns beat them in a regular season game was 2001, a game in which former Brown, Ty Detmer, threw 7 interceptions. Would be nice to see a similar defensive performance today. In fact, the Lions lead the all-time series 19-5, including 4 playoff matchups.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 1:19 PM

Need a new punter

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Nov 21, 2021 1:25 PM

Baker…. Awful start of a must win game vs a trash opponent. Yay