Browns season 2021

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 9:53 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Don’t you think keeping him would be worse than releasing him. Especially after his camp tearing apart a locker room essentially. 

Pay him and put him on the scout team. Either he straightens up, gets with the program, and works his way back into the fold or he has a meltdown and then you can hit him with the old "conduct detrimental to the team" and not pay him for that period. They couldn't do that with the current situation because "daddy" was doing all his bitching for him.

I don't see that "his camp tearing apart the locker room" stuff you're talking about. Haven't seen anyone openly come out supporting what he's done, just that they would welcome him back under the right circumstances.

You can rag on Baker as much as you want but OBJ just isn't very good anymore. Injuries have derailed what could've been a HOF career.

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 10:04 AM

kizer permanente

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 10:09 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Pay him and put him on the scout team. Either he straightens up, gets with the program, and works his way back into the fold or he has a meltdown and then you can hit him with the old "conduct detrimental to the team" and not pay him for that period. They couldn't do that with the current situation because "daddy" was doing all his bitching for him.

I don't see that "his camp tearing apart the locker room" stuff you're talking about. Haven't seen anyone openly come out supporting what he's done, just that they would welcome him back under the right circumstances.

You can rag on Baker as much as you want but OBJ just isn't very good anymore. Injuries have derailed what could've been a HOF career.

You can’t put out a video like that lol  that’s what the whole “camp tearing up the lockeroom “ is about. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 10:15 AM

He gone. Couldn’t they have eaten the contract but still tried to trade him, like Denver did?

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 10:27 AM
posted by kizer permanente

You can’t put out a video like that lol  that’s what the whole “camp tearing up the lockeroom “ is about. 

Didn't seem to phase the locker room from the video I posted from Aditi.

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 10:28 AM
posted by iclfan2

He gone. Couldn’t they have eaten the contract but still tried to trade him, like Denver did?

They tried to move him to the Saints but couldn't come to an agreement. I'm assuming the Saints wanted the Browns to eat all of the contract and they wouldn't.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 10:56 AM

I don't "side" with OBJ. But he was massively under-utilized and was, by all accounts, a good teammate who didn't say anything to media or anything until after the Pittsburgh game. Don't like how he handled it or anything like that, but Stefanski and Baker have been awful at getting the most out of their WRs.

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 11:09 AM
posted by Laley23

I don't "side" with OBJ. But he was massively under-utilized and was, by all accounts, a good teammate who didn't say anything to media or anything until after the Pittsburgh game. Don't like how he handled it or anything like that, but Stefanski and Baker have been awful at getting the most out of their WRs.

Unfortunately, the TE's are the focus in the passing game in Stefanski's offense. Not an excuse for not utilizing WR's but it's his offense.

gut

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 2:01 PM
posted by Laley23

But he was massively under-utilized and was, by all accounts, a good teammate who didn't say anything to media

Really?  No idea, just saw him heading down the AB path years ago.  Not sure what it is with NFL wide receivers, but most of the league's me-first pre-madonnas [shout out] seem to be WRs.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 2:21 PM
posted by gut
Really?  No idea, just saw him heading down the AB path years ago.  Not sure what it is with NFL wide receivers, but most of the league's me-first pre-madonnas [shout out] seem to be WRs.

It's prima-donna, not pre-madonna.

/jmog'd

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 3:09 PM
posted by gut

Listening to the local station at lunch, they had former Tribe pitcher Brian Anderson on who is a Cleveland native and Browns fan. First words out of his mouth were "c'mon guys, we kind of knew a couple of years ago when this trade happened what we were signing up for and this day would likely come." So it shouldn't be a shock after what he did in NY.

And as far as not saying anything to the media, do we REALLY think his pops was solely behind this? Keeping his mouth shut and letting others do his dirty work is a way around not getting hit with "conduct detrimental to the team" where they can suspend you without pay. He wasn't dumb.

gut

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 4:04 PM
posted by justincredible

It's prima-donna, not pre-madonna.

/jmog'd

I thought the [shout out] made it clear I knew the difference.  Although maybe I'm remembering that hijinx from another board.

Also, it's prima donna (no hyphen).  Not sure which of the 3 versions (including primadonna) I would have guessed without looking it up.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 4:12 PM

I give up.

gut

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 4:13 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Keeping his mouth shut and letting others do his dirty work is a way around not getting hit with "conduct detrimental to the team" where they can suspend you without pay. He wasn't dumb.

PIT just traded another malcontent.  Supposedly James Washington also wanted out at the beginning of the season, but they decided they needed him for depth.

Probably overblown reaction as a fan, but I don't like this trend in PIT.  But clearly becoming a league-wide issue they either aren't addressing, or don't know how to.  AB should have been blacklisted after what he pulled with the Raiders.

I don't know what you do.  You have to get those types out of your locker room.  But you're on the hook for the whole cap, anyway....there has to be an alternative to cutting the guy, but I don't know what the CBA says on that.

QuakerOats

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 4:25 PM

Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

Looks for the Browns to win Sunday, 31 - 20. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 4:28 PM

He's definitely a meaty-oaker WR at this point in his career.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 5:50 PM
posted by gut

I mean he hasnt been utilized for 2.5 seasons and we didnt hear a peep from him or his entourage until now. Thats my point. 

BRF

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 5:51 PM
posted by justincredible

I know.  It bottles my mind.

Gardens35

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 5:58 PM
posted by BRF

I know.  It bottles my mind.

And sometimes he goes out of bounce when running down the sideline.

Rediculous.

BRF

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 6:48 PM
posted by Gardens35

And sometimes he goes out of bounce when running down the sideline.

Rediculous.

Your point is mute.

gut

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 6:50 PM
posted by justincredible

I thought it was meaty-okra?

C'mon, it's your site man - you gotta know your OC memes!

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 7:07 PM

It was oaker. Not okra. 

BRF

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 7:07 PM
posted by gut

I thought it was meaty-okra

No, he had it right. 

sportchampps

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 10:33 PM

He is slimy like Okra