Browns Regular Season 2019 Season | Season of Dreams

Home Forums Sports

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Sep 16, 2019 10:58 PM

Denzel Ward not playing great

BR1986FB

Mon, Sep 16, 2019 11:27 PM

WTF, Freddie? Third down with less than 2 minutes to go and you're dropping Mayfield back to pass and he gets sacked by a group of Jets? Would've been very Cleveland if BM would've suffered a season ending injury. Just RUN the effin' ball. Too much of this "we gotta get cute on offense" shit. Take the win and on to the Rams but God that was a slopfest.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 7:08 AM

@justincredible

New Avatar - either Tony La Russa or Porch Furniture. Maybe we make a poll to detirmine?

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 7:44 AM

Yeah, I know it's only game two, but I'm really concerned that this is too big for Freddie...a coordinator is one thing, but being the head dude is a whole different animal. The play calling (which should be his strength) was confusing at best, and Baker looked extremely confused and uncomfortable out there--and this was against a decent, but not great, defense that was without it's two best players. I'm starting to wonder if my 9-7 prediction was a little too ambitious?!?

BR1986FB

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 8:15 AM

After having some time to think about it, I'm "ok" but not thrilled about last night. A lot of people seem to be forgetting that this team isn't too far removed from 0-16 and beat up on a lot of crappy teams last year. I think a lot of people were expecting them to be the second coming of the Patriots in week 1. They needed this win last night to buy time and build up their confidence. The offense is still a work in progress and the defense may need to carry them for a while. Initially, I was pretty concerned with Baker but I kind of think the book's out on him and he's going to need to do the adjusting. Gregg Williams knew his tendencies very well so I'm not shocked he didn't light them up last night. As far as Kitchens goes, I think he's holding back some of the playbook for when they face the big guns. I am still concerned about their lack of discipline. Take the sloppy win and move on. Could be worse, could be 0-2.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 9:10 AM

Myles Garrett needs to learn how to hit a QB.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 9:23 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Maybe it's not a must win for vball because his expectations aren't as high. He said "finishing over .500" is a must for him where most of us are thinking "playoffs or bust." 

posted by BR1986FB

I think a lot of people were expecting them to be the second coming of the Patriots in week 1. They needed this win last night to buy time and build up their confidence. The offense is still a work in progress and the defense may need to carry them for a while. 

This is why, IMO, being over .500 is a must, as opposed to "must make the playoffs"--and you're making a strong argument in my defense...I rest my case.

BR1986FB

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 9:25 AM
posted by Laley23

Myles Garrett needs to learn how to hit a QB.

Agreed but I guess we're going to have to take the bad with the good. His production is outstanding but he's going to cost them, in a big moment (playoffs?) and it's really going to hurt them. He already had a (questionable) call against him at Pittsburgh which would've held them to a FG and ended up a TD.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 9:55 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Agreed but I guess we're going to have to take the bad with the good. His production is outstanding but he's going to cost them, in a big moment (playoffs?) and it's really going to hurt them. He already had a (questionable) call against him at Pittsburgh which would've held them to a FG and ended up a TD.

The second one last night was just brutal. You could see it from a mile away as play was happening. Very selfish. Just wanted to nail the QB.

The first was a good hit, but just roll on the way down. It’s not that hard. I don’t understand why these defensive players can’t figure it out. Everyone else in the world can roll as they are going to the ground. Hell these guys probably do it all the time in normal day activities, but when a QB is under them/in arms they just fall straight on top lol.

BR1986FB

Tue, Sep 17, 2019 10:02 AM
posted by Laley23

The second one last night was just brutal. You could see it from a mile away as play was happening. Very selfish. Just wanted to nail the QB.

The first was a good hit, but just roll on the way down. It’s not that hard. I don’t understand why these defensive players can’t figure it out. Everyone else in the world can roll as they are going to the ground. Hell these guys probably do it all the time in normal day activities, but when a QB is under them/in arms they just fall straight on top lol.

Like I said in a post during the game, between these late hits on the QB and offsides/neutral zone infractions, Garrett is usually good for 3-4 penalties per game. McFarland pointed that out on the broadcast (that Myles was the most penalized D-Lineman). I love the production but it would be nice to see more discipline. My fear is that they'd make the playoffs and he'd do something like that and it would hurt them.

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 9:52 AM

So what are everyone's thoughts about Sunday night? I'm expecting a 10-14 point loss. If Donald is lined up over Kush, I fear for Baker's life. If he's lined up over Bitonio he (Baker) has a punchers chance of surviving. If they play like they did against the Jets they will get beat pretty decisively, imo. If they play like they did against the Titans they will get massacred.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 11:02 AM
posted by BR1986FB

So what are everyone's thoughts about Sunday night? I'm expecting a 10-14 point loss. If Donald is lined up over Kush, I fear for Baker's life. If he's lined up over Bitonio he (Baker) has a punchers chance of surviving. If they play like they did against the Jets they will get beat pretty decisively, imo. If they play like they did against the Titans they will get massacred.

Nothing from this current regime gives me confidence that we can even hang with the Rams. Basic things like getting the playcall in a timely manner isn't happening. Browns are going to get smoked here. I went from thinking Browns would be a 10-12 win team to a 6 win team based on the first two weeks. Doesn't mean I've given up on the Freddie regime, far from it. I just didn't think the basic operational component of the job would be so daunting for him. That and the complete lack of discipline. We should hire Mangini to be a discipline coach, if for nothing else just to see those two go at it.

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 11:15 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

Nothing from this current regime gives me confidence that we can even hang with the Rams. Basic things like getting the playcall in a timely manner isn't happening. Browns are going to get smoked here. I went from thinking Browns would be a 10-12 win team to a 6 win team based on the first two weeks. Doesn't mean I've given up on the Freddie regime, far from it. I just didn't think the basic operational component of the job would be so daunting for him. That and the complete lack of discipline. We should hire Mangini to be a discipline coach, if for nothing else just to see those two go at it.

His (Freddie's) explanation for dropping Baker back to throw with 2 minutes left, up by 3 scores, wasn't encouraging.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/18/joe-thomas-on-baker-mayfields-early-struggles-surprising-and-unsettling/?fbclid=IwAR0q_U9qnPSmQrf9Ctl63EKpXDVJU1o2bXqK2NSOifVOn9XnrV0lAX86FeM

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/17/myles-garrett-leads-the-nfl-in-sacks-and-penalty-yards-through-2-weeks/?fbclid=IwAR1_n-ItIOrA25ycmH7S7CNrYAmd2GnFMGofZ3vSnSLSdR98u-tnTY2nZlk

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 11:52 AM
posted by Commander of Awesome

@justincredible

New Avatar - either Tony La Russa or Porch Furniture. Maybe we make a poll to detirmine?

You provide a picture and I'll change it.

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 1:04 PM

WTF is up with Pat Shurmur? Just saw a press conference with him and he looks like he's frosting/highlighting the tips of his hair yellow. Used to have a touch of gray when he was here in Cleveland. Must be a rave in NYC tonight.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 1:22 PM

Browns have a very tough stretch coming up.  I would be happy with 2-2 the next 4 games.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 1:25 PM
posted by like_that

Browns have a very tough stretch coming up.  I would be happy with 2-2 the next 4 games.

I'd be very pumped to be 3-3 heading into the back half of our schedule. Without injuries.

BRF

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 1:49 PM

I hate to admit it, but I agree with you guys saying Kitchens looks overwhelmed in his new role. 

I would be ecstatic with a 3-3 record after six games. Unfortunately, based on what we’ve seen so far, I don’t think that’s happening.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 1:53 PM
posted by like_that

Don’t think you’ll find many people who will argue with that. 

BR1986FB

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 2:15 PM
posted by like_that

It's actually 5 games with LA Rams, Baltimore, San Fran, Seattle & New England. If they were 3-4 going into Denver after the bye I'd be ok with it. Of those teams I'd think the most likely chance of win would be Baltimore, San Fran or Seattle and none of those will be easy.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 4:53 PM
posted by BR1986FB

It's actually 5 games with LA Rams, Baltimore, San Fran, Seattle & New England. If they were 3-4 going into Denver after the bye I'd be ok with it. Of those teams I'd think the most likely chance of win would be Baltimore, San Fran or Seattle and none of those will be easy.

I hope we can beat the 9ers if for nothing else bc I'm going to the game.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 5:23 PM

Browns will have a chance in the 4th. I love the 3.5 points, but think Rams pull it out.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Sep 18, 2019 11:43 PM
posted by like_that

It’s the season IMO the next 5 games

BR1986FB

Thu, Sep 19, 2019 7:36 AM

Browns can run on the Rams defense if Freddie gets his head out of his ass and starts feeding the ball to Chubb.

Aaron Donald has been dealing with a back injury. He's expected to play but if he's not 100%, that may help.