Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 5, 2019 11:21 AM
posted by iclfan2

It's true. Only two to make the NFL out of that high school.  I like the Burnett signing. Saw an interesting tidbit that the Browns actually drafted him, but did a trade on draft day for.... Montario Hardesty

COA is about to be triggered.  Thoughts and prayers.

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 5, 2019 12:13 PM
posted by like_that

COA is about to be triggered.  Thoughts and prayers.

LOL. The Burnett signing could be solid because Pittsburgh was playing him out of position. Think they had him in some hybrid LB/Safety deal

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 5, 2019 2:40 PM
posted by BR1986FB

LOL. The Burnett signing could be solid because Pittsburgh was playing him out of position. Think they had him in some hybrid LB/Safety deal

I was referring to Montario Hurtesty.  COA despised him.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Apr 5, 2019 10:22 PM
posted by like_that

Yeah fuck him and Tom Heckert's dumbass for drafting him.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 8, 2019 9:08 AM
posted by like_that

I know. That's what the LOL was for.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 8, 2019 12:24 PM

Schefter claiming Dorsey's trying to trade back up into the 1st round.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Apr 9, 2019 2:22 PM

Preseason schedule out. Which means regular season schedule should be coming out in the next week or so. I’ll be in NY November 15 weekend (I think that’s the weekend—whenever osu plays @ Rutgers). Hoping Cleveland plays at NY that Sunday. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Apr 10, 2019 6:47 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Preseason schedule out. Which means regular season schedule should be coming out in the next week or so. I’ll be in NY November 15 weekend (I think that’s the weekend—whenever osu plays @ Rutgers). Hoping Cleveland plays at NY that Sunday. 

Regular season normally comes out a week before the draft, so hopefully soon.  I also hope they get their toughest team in week 1, considering they never win in week 1. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 7:52 AM

OBJ tweeted something about the week 1 game on the schedule that implies that the Browns will be facing the Jets in NY.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 8:19 AM
posted by BR1986FB

OBJ tweeted something about the week 1 game on the schedule that implies that the Browns will be facing the Jets in NY.

Do teams get the schedule before the public does? Idk how OBJ could possibly know that?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 8:28 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Do teams get the schedule before the public does? Idk how OBJ could possibly know that?

By staying woke, duh.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 8:28 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

He said he saw it, and tweeted a comment at one of the Jets players. The conspiracy theory is that it will be a MNF matchup as it will be the 50th anniversary of the first MNF game, which was also between the Browns and the Jets. If that were the case, it would be at the Jets, which is where the Giants also played (I know everyone knows this).

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 8:34 AM
posted by iclfan2

He said he saw it, and tweeted a comment at one of the Jets players. The conspiracy theory is that it will be a MNF matchup as it will be the 50th anniversary of the first MNF game, which was also between the Browns and the Jets. If that were the case, it would be at the Jets, which is where the Giants also played (I know everyone knows this).

That's a solid theory, but holy shit I can't believe MNF is 50 years old.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 8:38 AM

With how entertaining the browns have been this offseason, it wouldn’t shock me at all if the NFL tries to get them on MNF week 1. They’re media darlings right now. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 9:35 AM
posted by like_that

That's a solid theory, but holy shit I can't believe MNF is 50 years old.

And that POS Modell orchestrated it.

BRF

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 1:01 PM

Some things I remember about that game:

It was blacked out in the Cleveland area. 

Homer Jones ran a kick back for a TD. 

Billy Andrews intercepted Namath and ran it in to clinch a 31-21 win. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 1:18 PM
posted by BRF

Homer Jones ran a kick. Ack for a TD. 

That's crazy to think a primetime game was blacked out lol. 

slingshot4ever

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 1:39 PM
posted by iclfan2

Yes, OBJ commented on a Jamal Adams instagram post of Adam's in the new Jet's jersey to which OBJ said "see you week one".  Then on twitter he made mention of god working in mysterious ways after seeing the schedule.  Knowing this the 100 year celebration I'm not surprised they are taking the opportunity to have same teams in first ever MNF game 50 years ago go at it again.  Should be a fairly easy win to kick off the season.... 

slingshot4ever

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 1:44 PM

What would be great about a Week 1 MNF game is that it would kick off in the earlier time slot since they have two MNF games.  Presumambly two west coast teams would go at it in the night cap.

BRF

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 2:59 PM
posted by like_that

Yes, and then a few years later, a rule was made about televising the home games if there was a sell out 72 hours before the game.

I remember people going to bars and hotels for blacked out home games to like Toledo, Columbus, Pittsburgh.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 4:14 PM
posted by like_that

Bengals had a playoff game blacked out lmao. Took Kroger and Chad Johnson buying extra tickets and handing them out for free to not have it blacked out. 

Imagine that happening in Cleveland. 

Verbal Kint

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 6:10 PM
posted by BRF

Homer Jones ran a kick back for a TD. 

How did Fair Hooker do in that game?

BRF

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 6:17 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

How did Fair Hooker do in that game?

Oh, man, wasn't that a name? :-)

I remember back on JJ when you couldn't type Ben Gay's last name. It was banned!  Ha ha!

kizer permanente

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 7:00 PM
posted by BRF

Oh, man, wasn't that a name? :-)

I remember back on JJ when you couldn't type Ben Gay's last name. It was banned!  Ha ha!

That place was 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 8:19 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Yes, OBJ commented on a Jamal Adams instagram post of Adam's in the new Jet's jersey to which OBJ said "see you week one".  Then on twitter he made mention of god working in mysterious ways after seeing the schedule.  Knowing this the 100 year celebration I'm not surprised they are taking the opportunity to have same teams in first ever MNF game 50 years ago go at it again.  Should be a fairly easy win to kick off the season.... 

Road MNF game is never an “easy win”