Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 26, 2019 12:15 PM
posted by BR1986FB

NE also beat a pretty decent Houston team in week 1, so there's that. I think KC surprised NE in week 1 in 2017. Not sure a good team would sneak up on them. Especially a team like the Browns that has major hype coming into this year.

lol ok

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Mar 26, 2019 12:32 PM

Might as well get the game with the Pats out of the way.  If the Browns start primetime I prefer starting the season on sunday night vs monday night.  MNF they would have a short schedule heading into week 2.  That could be a slippery slope to a bad start.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 26, 2019 12:39 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

lol ok

What, "lol ok?" The Chiefs were a good team in 2017 but nobody is going to expect Alex Smith to put up 42 on them. The Chiefs surprised them. The Browns will have hype coming into this game, with a (projected) much more high octane offense. I'm sure NE isn't going to come in thinking "oh, it's just the Browns" with that Madden offense staring them down.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 26, 2019 3:00 PM
posted by BR1986FB

What, "lol ok?" The Chiefs were a good team in 2017 but nobody is going to expect Alex Smith to put up 42 on them. The Chiefs surprised them. The Browns will have hype coming into this game, with a (projected) much more high octane offense. I'm sure NE isn't going to come in thinking "oh, it's just the Browns" with that Madden offense staring them down.

Neither you or I can be proven wrong, so not sure why you’re arguing this so hard. I’m just saying the Pats are typically stronger later in the season, so I wouldn’t mind playing them week 1. Let’s see what Baker and Kitchens have. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Mar 26, 2019 3:20 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Neither you or I can be proven wrong, so not sure why you’re arguing this so hard. I’m just saying the Pats are typically stronger later in the season, so I wouldn’t mind playing them week 1. Let’s see what Baker and Kitchens have. 

Also wont have yet completely adjusted to no Gronk

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 2:58 PM

Browns getting new uniforms NEXT season. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 3:16 PM

Good. Looks like they’ll keep it simple. I like that

BR1986FB

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 4:54 PM

Was thinking about it and Dorsey is a freakin' magician. To think back to how bad this roster was and in the matter of 16 months John Harbaugh is saying they are "the most talented team in the division" and another AFC North person is saying "by far, and it isn't even close." Obviously it's on paper and they have to prove it on the field but they've come a helluva long way, talent-wise.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 5:03 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Was thinking about it and Dorsey is a freakin' magician. To think back to how bad this roster was and in the matter of 16 months John Harbaugh is saying they are "the most talented team in the division" and another AFC North person is saying "by far, and it isn't even close." Obviously it's on paper and they have to prove it on the field but they've come a helluva long way, talent-wise.

Whatever the Haslam’s are paying him, I hope they double it. I went to a home game in the 1-15 season and 0-16 season, and I’ve never seen a more depressed place in my life. Now, the energy and excitement level in Cleveland is through the roof. He’s made the haslams way wealthier than they were a year ago. 

BRF

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 5:56 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I went to a home game in the 1-15 season and 0-16 season, and I’ve never seen a more depressed place in my life. Now, the energy and excitement level in Cleveland is through the roof. 

This is so, so true.

From "well, here we go again......let's just drink and get through it"..............To "Hell, yes.....now we can drink AND enjoy...and talk about the game...and look forward to the next game.....and show up to work the next day.....HAPPY"

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 7:04 PM
posted by BRF

This is so, so true.

From "well, here we go again......let's just drink and get through it"..............To "Hell, yes.....now we can drink AND enjoy...and talk about the game...and look forward to the next game.....and show up to work the next day.....HAPPY"

Until we go 13-3 but lose in the first round of the playoffs because our kicker misses an extra point :)

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 7:55 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Until we go 13-3 but lose in the first round of the playoffs because our kicker misses an extra point :)

That would be brutal. thavoice would not help

BRF

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 8:23 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Ohhhhhhh.......we just can't shake it. :-)

friendfromlowry

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 8:42 PM

Uh oh, Baker is getting sent to the ex files for that slam on Grossi, bub. Grossi fucking blows. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 8:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Uh oh, Baker is getting sent to the ex files for that slam on Grossi, bub. Grossi fucking blows. 

LOL 

thavoice

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 11:12 PM
posted by Ironman92

That would be brutal. thavoice would not help

Nah, I wouldn't be a dick about it if that happened.

The one thing Browns fans should be concerned about though is how the players react to all the praise they are receiving.   There is something about having a chip on your shoulder and not falling victim to believing all the positive press clippings.  This league has a way of knocking you down right when you get back up

BRF

Wed, Mar 27, 2019 11:26 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Uh oh, his spike up hair just went flat. 

We'll have to see how his pal Tony Rizzo reacts to this. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 28, 2019 7:40 AM

Ugggh....heard one of the rumored prime time games would be an early season Monday Night game against the Cardinals for the Murray/Kingsbury vs Baker angle. The kicker? It would be one of those shitty double header games and the Browns would be playing in the 10pm slot.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Mar 28, 2019 7:46 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Ugggh....heard one of the rumored prime time games would be an early season Monday Night game against the Cardinals for the Murray/Kingsbury vs Baker angle. The kicker? It would be one of those shitty double header games and the Browns would be playing in the 10pm slot.

worst angle I’ve ever heard

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 28, 2019 11:30 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Ok, so your sources just suck. They are now contradicting themselves. Is it opening night MNF at 10pm, or the day before SNF vs Pats. 

MNF only does the doubleheader week 1.

BR1986FB

Thu, Mar 28, 2019 11:36 AM
posted by Laley23

Ok, so your sources just suck. They are now contradicting themselves. Is it opening night MNF at 10pm, or the day before SNF vs Pats. 

MNF only does the doubleheader week 1.

I heard this (Cards vs Browns) after the Pats rumor. It could be either/or. Not saying that either rumor is accurate.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 8:23 AM

The Browns are reportedly releasing Kindred, which seems odd given he was only going to be paid $2M this year.