Browns Preseason 2019

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 8:57 AM
posted by iclfan2

The Browns are reportedly releasing Kindred, which seems odd given he was only going to be paid $2M this year.

I think this might open the door for Eric Berry or Tre Boston. Dorsey's got to have something up his sleeve. Going into the draft, with this position wide open, pretty much telegraphs the pick.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 9:15 AM

He’s gotta have someone in mind in FA, if he’s going to trade peppers and cut Kindred. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 9:25 AM

Could also be Morgan Burnett from the Steelers. Sounds like they may be releasing him (not a system fit?) and I think Dorsey has ties to him from GB.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 10:15 AM

Today must be the "joke's on you" day as they have released WR Ricardo Louis.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 10:20 AM

And Ogbah didn't show up bc he thinks he will be traded soon.

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 10:42 AM
posted by iclfan2

I think their best bet is to package Ogbah or Duke, along with a pick, to move up in the draft if they see something they really like. Trading them by themselves isn't going to yield much value. After seeing what Chicago got for Jordan Howard, I'd expect Duke to get a 6th or 7th rounder.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 1:36 PM

Screamin’ A Smith is such a turd. Such a Steelers homer. He, again, went off on how he isn’t buying the browns. Last week he said the smart money is on the Steelers still (to win the afc north). 

Wonder how many rushing yards he thinks Odell Beckham will have this year. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 2:09 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Screamin’ A Smith is such a turd. Such a Steelers homer. He, again, went off on how he isn’t buying the browns. Last week he said the smart money is on the Steelers still (to win the afc north). 

Wonder how many rushing yards he thinks Odell Beckham will have this year. 

I get it, but to many the Browns are "paper champions." Until they prove it on the field it's all talk. TBH, I like the fact that they are getting props but I'd prefer they be a little more under the radar. As to your original comment, Smith's a clown.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 2:15 PM

Yeah, I'd rather have haters/doubters.  It's because it's a personal thing that makes me uncomfortable as a fan.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 2:20 PM

Sorry if mentioned already, but Duke Johnson also did not show up today. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 4:45 PM
posted by iclfan2

And he was. To the Chiefs. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 4:46 PM

For S Eric Murray. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 6:14 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Sorry if mentioned already, but Duke Johnson also did not show up today. 

Reportedly is requesting a trade.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 7:15 PM
posted by iclfan2

Reportedly is requesting a trade.

Bye Felicia

kizer permanente

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 8:50 PM
posted by wildcats20

For S Eric Murray. 

Who?

SportsAndLady

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 8:53 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Who?

Basically a reserve safety (originally a corner). He did start 9 games last year, but mainly because of injuries. Dorsey drafted him, which is why he was sought after. Sounds like the return for Ogbah wasn’t much

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 8:53 PM
posted by kizer permanente

Who?

Started 9 games for the Chiefs. Former 4th rounder (I think 2016). Was their best special teams player last year. 

kizer permanente

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 8:55 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of the guy before. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 9:01 PM

Steelers released Burnett so let's see if that's an option for Dorsey. This Murray kid isn't much more than a special teamer, as mentioned. Doubt he's the starter.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Apr 1, 2019 9:04 PM

His pff grades were better than Kindred, and comparable to Peppers from what I saw on twitter. 

SportsAndLady

Fri, Apr 5, 2019 11:14 AM

Browns are expected to sign S Morgan Burnett. And also have signed a QB from the AAF: garrett Gilbert 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Apr 5, 2019 11:18 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Browns are expected to sign S Morgan Burnett. And also have signed a QB from the AAF: garrett Gilbert 

I like the signing, because Morgan has been poached from shitsburgh.   Apparently Gilbert and Mayfield went to the same HS.  My friend said this, and I didn't really check to verify lol.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Apr 5, 2019 11:20 AM
posted by like_that

I like the signing, because Morgan has been poached from shitsburgh.   Apparently Gilbert and Mayfield went to the same HS.  My friend said this, and I didn't really check to verify lol.

It's true. Only two to make the NFL out of that high school.  I like the Burnett signing. Saw an interesting tidbit that the Browns actually drafted him, but did a trade on draft day for.... Montario Hardesty