2021 NFL Season thread

Home Forums Sports

mhs95_06

Tue, Oct 19, 2021 6:08 PM

I  agreed with the Bills decision to go for it on 4th and 1 with less than 30 sec left and go for the win in regulation.  If they would have got the first down, the chances were good that they could get the winning TD with less than 10 seconds left and it would have set a record for the most lead changes in a game on a Monday night!

BR1986FB

Tue, Oct 19, 2021 8:37 PM
posted by mhs95_06

I  agreed with the Bills decision to go for it on 4th and 1 with less than 30 sec left and go for the win in regulation.  If they would have got the first down, the chances were good that they could get the winning TD with less than 10 seconds left and it would have set a record for the most lead changes in a game on a Monday night!

They made the right call to go for it there. Bills weren't stopping the Titans offense. Couldn't risk going to OT with the way Henry was gashing them. If Allen doesn't slip, he likely gets that 1st down 10x's out of 10.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 19, 2021 10:07 PM
posted by BR1986FB

They made the right call to go for it there. Bills weren't stopping the Titans offense. Couldn't risk going to OT with the way Henry was gashing them. If Allen doesn't slip, he likely gets that 1st down 10x's out of 10.

He slipped but that D line guy shot that same gap and after watching replay I’m not sure he makes it.

But 🤷🏻‍♂️

BR1986FB

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 8:19 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

How bad are the Dolphins?

Soon to get better, perhaps, in that a Deshaun Watson to Miami trade looks close. Obviously, Watson needs to avoid an orange jumpsuit.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Oct 20, 2021 9:27 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Soon to get better, perhaps, in that a Deshaun Watson to Miami trade looks close. Obviously, Watson needs to avoid an orange jumpsuit.

The thing I'd wonder is if Watson goes somewhere where the team intends to play him, is that when the league steps in? Goodell's all about "protect the shield", everything has seemed to be quiet on the Watson front in part probably because Houston hasn't let him sniff the field regardless of how much Davis Mills sucks and that would instantly change if he got traded and jumped into a starting role.

Recently, I haven't heard shit about Watson other than a few people making apples-to-oranges comparisons between his situation and Jon Gruden's. Have no idea where things are with the legal case(s) against him and am just assuming the reason the league hasn't stepped in yet is due to a combination of him not having been found guilty of anything as of now and the fact Houston is keeping him out of the picture due to that and due to how he's insistent about traded. But him being put back in the public eye has the potential to lead to outrage.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 3:11 PM

JaMarr Chase…wow

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 3:59 PM

Bengals just thrashed Ravens in Baltimore 

Good for them 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 4:23 PM

Right now….the Bengals are the #1 seed in the AFC

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 5:10 PM
posted by Ironman92

Right now….the Bengals are the #1 seed in the AFC

Well, a lot of people on this board did think there was a good chance an Ohio team would be a legit player in the AFC this year, so...

superman

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 5:38 PM

As a Bengals fan...

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 6:15 PM

The Bengals have shown themselves worthy and a fun team to watch. I have a lot of very happy people that I see regularly in my life….THEY SHOULD BE HAPPY…THEY SHOULD BE EXCITED, I’m actually happy for them. I do wish they’d not get so high on October play. I can’t even get on my FB or Twitter feed.

Bengals have put themselves into a good situation and I’m not rooting against them except for their next Steelers matchup. December and January football is different. I wish they were a bit more cautiously optimistic but it’s not for me to say….but I always handle my Reds that way. Browns fans do too.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 6:26 PM

Finally Baltimore loses a game they should lose. I’m still stunned they are 5-2 and not 2-5

BRF

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 8:12 PM

Maybe you become a Bengals fan now, Ironman92?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 8:18 PM
posted by BRF

Maybe you become a Bengals fan now, Ironman92?

Nope. I’ve never had anything against them but Bengals fans have worn me the hell out over the years when the Bengals were good.

I greatly appreciate the fact that they had no penalties until halfway through the 4th. Love that level of discipline in a big game. Chase is fun (hope he doesn’t turn into the typical WR prima donna)….and Burrow is the local kid I’ll always pull for.

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 8:22 PM

Very impressed with the Bengals defense. You always knew that offense would put up points but the defense has been an abortion. Not so this year.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 8:23 PM

This SNF game is going to be trash 

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 9:52 PM

I have been a Bengals fan since 1971. Many 3-16 abs 4-12 seasons have come and gone. I started as a Bengals fan because my family were die hard Browns fans.  This fandom was an abortive fuck you to my parents. How could they stop me from rooting  for a team that was named  for the  namesake that they held so dearly.  Ken Anderson was rhe QB an Bob Trumpy was the TE.  After I swore my allegiance to cincy, I had to witness #44 Leroy Kelly Obliterate my bengals. End of rant…… Bengals D is promising

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 10:07 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

I have been a Bengals fan since 1971. Many 3-16 abs 4-12 seasons have come and gone. I started as a Bengals fan because my family were die hard Browns fans.  This fandom was an abortive fuck you to my parents. How could they stop me from rooting  for a team that was named  for the  namesake that they held so dearly.  Ken Anderson was rhe QB an Bob Trumpy was the TE.  After I swore my allegiance to cincy, I had to witness #44 Leroy Kelly Obliterate my bengals. End of rant…… Bengals D is promising

My gym teacher in K and 1st grade rah rash’s everyone to root for the Bengals…..so I became a gym teacher that rooted for the Steelers, while teaching in Bengals territory 😁

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 10:42 PM

You are the enemy. I guess you is a republican too 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 10:46 PM
posted by Devils Advocate

You are the enemy. I guess you is a republican too 

I’m sitting here unmasked, yet vaccinated.

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Sun, Oct 24, 2021 10:51 PM

If you is a Steelers fan after the start of this year, you is lejit, I am commiserate with your conundrum.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 25, 2021 9:54 AM

Of all the Jetsy seasons I've lived through this might be the Jetsiest of all. I'm just going to be a Bengals fan.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Oct 25, 2021 10:09 AM

LOLPhins checkin.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 26, 2021 11:33 PM