2021 NFL Season thread

Home Forums Sports

sportchampps

Fri, Oct 1, 2021 1:18 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I would be stunned if Pittsburgh did this because it isn't their usual M.O. With that being said, they did trade for Minkah and paid Watt a ton of guaranteed money, which also isn't their usual M.O. 

This all got started off of a Pat McAfee podcast with Rodgers. He seems to like/respect Tomlin's way he goes about his business. Rodgers would certainly have the weapons in Pittsburgh but that O-Line?

I’m trying to think of a better fit for him where he could win now? Maybe Washington??

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Oct 1, 2021 1:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I would be stunned if Pittsburgh did this because it isn't their usual M.O. With that being said, they did trade for Minkah and paid Watt a ton of guaranteed money, which also isn't their usual M.O. 

This all got started off of a Pat McAfee podcast with Rodgers. He seems to like/respect Tomlin's way he goes about his business. Rodgers would certainly have the weapons in Pittsburgh but that O-Line?

If he's legit interested in Pittsburgh, I could see the line being a big stumbling block. Elderly quarterbacks known more for their arm than their scrambling ability would be setting themselves up to be dead men walking the way the line is performing at this point.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Oct 1, 2021 1:36 PM
posted by sportchampps

I’m trying to think of a better fit for him where he could win now? Maybe Washington??

Denver. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Oct 1, 2021 2:31 PM
posted by Laley23

Denver. 

Exactly. Although he's playing well, I don't see the Donks married to Bridgewater if they could get Rodgers. That would immediately/arguably be the best division in football.

BR1986FB

Fri, Oct 1, 2021 2:34 PM
posted by Heretic

If he's legit interested in Pittsburgh, I could see the line being a big stumbling block. Elderly quarterbacks known more for their arm than their scrambling ability would be setting themselves up to be dead men walking the way the line is performing at this point.

He said a lot of positive in that podcast but would Pittsburgh pay a steep price? Probably a minimum of two 1st's (and more) and maybe players.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 2:12 PM

I don't mean to startle anyone, as it appears the apocalypse might be upon us, but the Jets have scored a TD.

superman

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 4:08 PM
posted by justincredible

I don't mean to startle anyone, as it appears the apocalypse might be upon us, but the Jets have scored a TD.

No comment. Don't want to jinx your boys. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 4:40 PM

I finally desire to sit and watch a Steelers game and the fucking Jets/Titans are in an endless OT game and stoppages…..and it’s on 3 different fucking channels. Meanwhile Steelers actually scored and whenever this all-time game ends I know they’ll suck.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 4:53 PM

Now it’s 4:53 and still not switched over to the game

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 4:59 PM

Since game ended there have been 17 commercials and 2 plays of game….a Packers TD of course

Maybe I’ll find a baseball game

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 4:59 PM

Congrats Justin! Helped the Browns out too.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 5:08 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Congrats Justin! Helped the Browns out too.

How?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 5:09 PM

I regret to inform you that we're all going to die. Clearly the universe is imploding.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 5:48 PM

Man I’m not sure Steelers crossed line on that offsides…Romo in one it too……instead 17-10, could’ve been 17-14 Steelers

Ugh

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 6:51 PM
posted by Ironman92

Man I’m not sure Steelers crossed line on that offsides…Romo in one it too……instead 17-10, could’ve been 17-14 Steelers

Ugh

Didn't look like they jumped ahead of the snap to me.  I wonder if the guy on the left end lined up offside.  Too bad they didn't have a view down the line of scrimmage.  

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 7:21 PM
posted by Ironman92

How?

No clue. If the Titans and Browns are in a battle for anything, Browns will have underachieved. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 7:42 PM
posted by Ironman92

How?

Probably a little early to project that. Was thinking down the line if the Titans are fighting for wildcards.

BR1986FB

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 7:45 PM
posted by Ironman92

Ugh

Pretty close but the Steelers got a slighter makeup call on the Watt trip of Rodgers. GB likely goes in for a TD there. Although the no call on the trip not likely as potentially game changing.

Man, I have to say I don't think I've seen worse 4th down play calls (or execution). Not sure if it's on Roethlisberger or Canada but that 4th & 5/check down to Najee Harris 4 yards short of the 1st down marker is like Groundhog Day. Same play, over & over. Didn't they do that last week against Cincy also?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 8:33 PM
posted by mhs95_06

Didn't look like they jumped ahead of the snap to me.  I wonder if the guy on the left end lined up offside.  Too bad they didn't have a view down the line of scrimmage.  

In the end it didn’t much matter but would’ve like the opportunity lol.

Steelers o line is bad. Defense not stout…..and Rodgers is special still.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 8:39 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Pretty close but the Steelers got a slighter makeup call on the Watt trip of Rodgers. GB likely goes in for a TD there. Although the no call on the trip not likely as potentially game changing.

Man, I have to say I don't think I've seen worse 4th down play calls (or execution). Not sure if it's on Roethlisberger or Canada but that 4th & 5/check down to Najee Harris 4 yards short of the 1st down marker is like Groundhog Day. Same play, over & over. Didn't they do that last week against Cincy also?

It’s weird. Early season I’ve seen so many teams around league going forward and failing on 4th downs in strange situations and today Steelers can’t block for 1/2 a second and the play was bad regardless.

Ben has been “quick, scared-footed” in the pocket for 5 years. Missed two big throws for same reason today that could’ve changed it. His fear of getting hurt has affected his throws for a few seasons…..and with a crappy line, he can’t move and a tough schedule. Could be a 3-4 win team.

I’m surprisingly at peace with it lol (but was irritated AF I missed their only good drive of the day because CBS/NFL rules)….I knew I’d get to see so the bad stuff

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 9:58 PM

Tampa Tom's smaller hands having trouble keeping the wet balls on target.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 10:22 PM
posted by mhs95_06

Tampa Tom's smaller hands having trouble keeping the wet balls on target.

It’s decently more difficult for every QB because no matter the hand size, the ball is slicker.

mhs95_06

Mon, Oct 4, 2021 12:13 AM
posted by Ironman92

It’s decently more difficult for every QB because no matter the hand size, the ball is slicker.

Correct, my point is that the smaller the hand, the more exacerbated the problem of equivalent slick balls is.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 4, 2021 11:01 AM

Fun little bit of trivia.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Oct 4, 2021 11:23 AM

Patriots/Bucs game was fun.