2020 NFL Preseason

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Thu, May 7, 2020 4:02 PM

Schedule leaks starting to come out. Sounding like Brady vs Brees in week 1, from all I've seen. Of course these things are wrong 99% of the time.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 7, 2020 6:01 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Schedule leaks starting to come out. Sounding like Brady vs Brees in week 1, from all I've seen. Of course these things are wrong 99% of the time.

John Clayton said it’s AFC-NFC for the first 4 weeks. So impacting as little tiebreaking/conference issues as possible in case they are cancelled.

gut

Thu, May 7, 2020 6:06 PM
posted by Laley23

John Clayton said it’s AFC-NFC for the first 4 weeks. So impacting as little tiebreaking/conference issues as possible in case they are cancelled.

Awesome.  As a PIT fan, it's always comforting to look at the schedule and realize Tomlin's extended preseason won't hurt them as much.

BR1986FB

Thu, May 7, 2020 6:51 PM

Heard Baltimore at Pittsburgh for the evening third Thanksgiving game. No clue how accurate.

thavoice

Fri, May 8, 2020 10:59 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Heard Baltimore at Pittsburgh for the evening third Thanksgiving game. No clue how accurate.

That is going to be pretty awesome!  Now just have to decide if I wanna go or not!

friendfromlowry

Sat, May 9, 2020 3:57 PM
posted by Ironman92

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1258751109193236480?s=21

Completely off topic. I love his stuff but he couldn’t be any more dramatic and insecure on Twitter. He’s constantly talking about blocking people and whines when not everyone loves his work. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, May 10, 2020 10:42 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Completely off topic. I love his stuff but he couldn’t be any more dramatic and insecure on Twitter. He’s constantly talking about blocking people and whines when not everyone loves his work. 

Schefter or Caliendo?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, May 10, 2020 11:10 AM
posted by like_that

Schefter or Caliendo?

Schefter from what I’ve seen

friendfromlowry

Sun, May 10, 2020 5:58 PM
posted by like_that

Schefter or Caliendo?

Caliendo. I don’t know if it’s an inside joke that I missed but I just wouldn’t expect that out of him. He’s got really thin skin. He did a Pippen impression after the Last Dance a week or two ago - which was of course spot on - but a few assholes on Twitter made some snide comments and he takes the bait every single time. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, May 11, 2020 11:48 AM
posted by Ironman92

Schefter from what I’ve seen

lol this is what I thought, because Schefter can easily be a little bitch.

posted by friendfromlowry

Caliendo. I don’t know if it’s an inside joke that I missed but I just wouldn’t expect that out of him. He’s got really thin skin. He did a Pippen impression after the Last Dance a week or two ago - which was of course spot on - but a few assholes on Twitter made some snide comments and he takes the bait every single time. 

Never would expect that out of him. 

thavoice

Tue, May 12, 2020 1:46 PM

Interesting that they are talking about if week one gets bumped, it would go to week 18. Week 2, to week 19, etc.

What do you think is the latest they would push back the Super Bowl?   I almost think the last sunday of March which is pushing it 7 weeks.

If they also cut off two weeks of preseason games then they essentially have 9 weeks to play with if we set a last sunday in March as the drop dead latest time.

BR1986FB

Tue, May 12, 2020 5:44 PM

Thought I'd pose this question because I think it's dumb as Hell but, here it goes...

Former OSU and NFL defensive back, Dustin Fox is a co-host on a sports talk radio channel in Cleveland and he polled the city with this question...

If you needed a tight end for your NFL football team right now, would you choose future HOFer Rob Gronkowski or NBA phenom Lebron James?

Keep in mind, Fox is also of the STRONG belief that Tom Brady is still elite.

BR1986FB

Tue, May 12, 2020 5:46 PM
posted by thavoice

Interesting that they are talking about if week one gets bumped, it would go to week 18. Week 2, to week 19, etc.

What do you think is the latest they would push back the Super Bowl?   I almost think the last sunday of March which is pushing it 7 weeks.

If they also cut off two weeks of preseason games then they essentially have 9 weeks to play with if we set a last sunday in March as the drop dead latest time.

What I found interesting, and just heard this, for the first time in 20+ years, two teams (Jets/Dolphins) will play in back-to-back games. They get a bye in between but will face each other twice before another opponent.

thavoice

Mon, May 18, 2020 10:20 AM
posted by BR1986FB

What I found interesting, and just heard this, for the first time in 20+ years, two teams (Jets/Dolphins) will play in back-to-back games. They get a bye in between but will face each other twice before another opponent.

Presume just scheduled, I could  be wrong but I think i have seen teams play back to back, last game of the RS and first playoff game, but I could be misremembering or just making it up!

thavoice

Mon, May 18, 2020 10:22 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Thought I'd pose this question because I think it's dumb as Hell but, here it goes...

Former OSU and NFL defensive back, Dustin Fox is a co-host on a sports talk radio channel in Cleveland and he polled the city with this question...

If you needed a tight end for your NFL football team right now, would you choose future HOFer Rob Gronkowski or NBA phenom Lebron James?

Keep in mind, Fox is also of the STRONG belief that Tom Brady is still elite.

Gronk.

Of course.  Duh.

LJ likely could have been a great TE, presumed he is tough enough, with his skill set but the dude hasnt played football in a very long time!

BR1986FB

Mon, Jun 29, 2020 3:03 PM

Patriots sign Cam Newton

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 9:21 AM

FedEx and other majors brands pushing big time for the Redskins to change their name.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 7:42 PM

Also see where the Black National Anthem will be played before the National Anthem, per the NFL, before games. That should be interesting. See a lot of fans bailing on the league after that.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 7:58 PM

If you’re a fan of the NFL, and you stop watching because they play a “black national anthem” then you’re a bitch.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 10:39 PM