2020 MLB Thread

Home Forums Sports

sportchampps

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 12:40 PM
posted by Laley23

They need to separate into 4 divisions this year, and play all games in the same stadium. Need a field turf stadium to be able to hold up to all the games. 

MLB cancelling because 2 players are positive doesnt make any sense to me. 

I agree with this but would it be possible to move teams from one bubble to the other after they played all the other teams in that bubble. So First bubble is AFC East and AFC North. Second Bubble is AFC North and AFC South. So you will still play your division twice but then the other teams once for a 14 game season. I feel like moving the players on a private plane and keeping them isolated wouldn’t be hard for a one time move. Also you have the bye week or 2 week bye week that week and retest everyone. 

Hoping the players would agree since it would be a 14 game season with a bye week built in. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 12:47 PM

The Pelicans need to let Zion play 25+ minutes.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 1:05 PM
posted by sportchampps

I agree with this but would it be possible to move teams from one bubble to the other after they played all the other teams in that bubble. So First bubble is AFC East and AFC North. Second Bubble is AFC North and AFC South. So you will still play your division twice but then the other teams once for a 14 game season. I feel like moving the players on a private plane and keeping them isolated wouldn’t be hard for a one time move. Also you have the bye week or 2 week bye week that week and retest everyone. 

Hoping the players would agree since it would be a 14 game season with a bye week built in. 

Wouldn’t need travel (until playoffs).

4 divisions is eight teams each. Play each twice for 14 games. Top 2 make playoffs. Done

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 1:09 PM

DeChambeau ain’t winning the PGA Championship

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 1:53 PM
posted by Ironman92

DeChambeau ain’t winning the PGA Championship

This one made me lol

gut

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 3:28 PM
posted by like_that

Belichick is getting a boner thinking about the film he can collect if the NFL goes into some bubble/regional system.

Already manipulating the system.  24 players opted out (as of a few days ago), and SIX play for NE. 

Nothing to see here, move along. 

But seriously, he should already have a lifetime ban except that would hang a dark cloud over the league's past two decades.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 3:55 PM

No new Covid cases in Jackson Co today...good sign

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 5, 2020 10:36 AM

Eddy Alvarez....2014 Olympic Silver Medalist speed skater, 30 years old...got the big league call up with the Marlins 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 1:10 PM

cat_lover

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 1:30 PM

"Beat It" that was fantastic.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 1:32 PM
posted by cat_lover

"Beat It" that was fantastic.

Subtle. Brilliant. A+ trolling.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Aug 7, 2020 8:35 PM

Cardinals have only played 5 games and won’t play another one until at least Monday. Remember when Brandon Phillips called them little bitches? Still holds true. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 8, 2020 10:58 PM

Cueto with a no hitter thru 5 on the Dodgers and in the 6th Hunter Pence lost a fly ball in the lights and missed a routine fly out by 35 ft

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 6:23 PM

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:10 PM

Damn, Ichiro would've pushed Pete's record for sure.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 7:17 PM
posted by Laley23

Damn, Ichiro would've pushed Pete's record for sure.

Well....look where Pete was at also

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Aug 10, 2020 8:20 PM

Right, but Ichiro was playing pro ball at at age 20, just not in America. I just mean if he had started in MLB and not Japan...damn.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 7:55 AM
posted by Laley23

Right, but Ichiro was playing pro ball at at age 20, just not in America. I just mean if he had started in MLB and not Japan...damn.

He’d be way up there....a million factors but he could’ve been a 4400 career hit guy over here....might have also spent age 20-23 enjoying America too much and became a different person ...maybe a troubled gambler 🤷🏻‍♂️, never know how different paths would turn out 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 10:07 PM

Mike Trout, Juan Soto and Fernando Tatis Jr....must watch baseball

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 11:28 PM
posted by Ironman92

Mike Trout, Juan Soto and Fernando Tatis Jr....must watch baseball

Mike Trout has been on a fucking tear. No surprise, but still...

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 9:01 AM
posted by justincredible

Stadium music guy gets the award for outstanding service in the area of poking the masturbating bear. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 9:24 AM

Mike Trout is still in his 20s, and will be for most of next season as well. It's just insane what that dude has done with his career so far.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 9:42 AM
posted by justincredible

Mike Trout is still in his 20s, and will be for most of next season as well. It's just insane what that dude has done with his career so far.

Kind of amazing hes been to the playoffs just once. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 9:54 AM
posted by justincredible

Best in a generation at least. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 13, 2020 3:01 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Best in a generation at least. 

Injuries may come around, but he should go down as the best ever based solely on numbers, if they don't.