2020 MLB Thread

Home Forums Sports

HitsRus

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 7:05 PM
posted by Ironman92

It’s just getting started, this is FAR from over I’ll bet....and instead of getting to watch my favorite sport by the greatest in the world....this will dominate the talk....and that I do hate and care about. I wanna watch 2020 and not talk about 2017 and 2019 but it will likely be impossible.

Go Reds

Well, that’s exactly what I’m talking about and why I am so pissed. We are just getting past  the PED crap and now this. Unless MLB makes the penalties for cheating severe enough so that it outweighs the monetary rewards for taking the risk, then cheating will just continue and poison the game. Just as Heretic posted above, there are huge $$$ awards for performance... hitting 30 points higher, knocking in 25 more runs, 10 dingers over the course of a season.... means a lot of money for your next contract. Unless the penalties outweigh the rewards, some players are going to take advantage.

The title should be vacated and the players on those teams should be subject to a similar penalty that is levied for PED use.

HitsRus

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 9:37 AM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 11:56 AM

Dusty Baker the new Asterisks, I mean Astros, manager.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 12:48 PM
posted by justincredible

Dusty Baker the new Asterisks, I mean Astros, manager.

Looks like Correa will bat 2nd

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Feb 27, 2020 1:56 PM
posted by BR1986FB

You'd think there would be something in his contract that prohibits this...

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/madison-bumgarner-uses-a-fake-name-to-regularly-participate-in-rodeos-diamondbacks-say-they-were-unaware/

Yeah, that's why he used the fake name, I'd guess. I remember the whole thing about all the stuff forbidden in player contracts coming out a couple years ago when he got injured on a dirt bike and missed a few weeks. Bumgarner basically seems like one of those good 'ol boys who doesn't care much for rules telling him what he can or can't do and, for most of his career has been talented enough that his team has had to deal with it because what would you rather have: a reckless superstar ace or no ace at all? But now that he's pretty much fallen back into the pack, I can't imagine Arizona being overly cool with an aging former superstar doing reckless stuff in violation of his contract if he's not capable of those 20-5, 2ish ERA seasons any longer.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Feb 27, 2020 2:19 PM

Madison is a girls name.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Feb 27, 2020 2:23 PM
posted by justincredible

Madison is a girls name.

He's also up there with Arrieta and Wacha as far as guys I want to see die in a fire due to ruining Pittsburgh's one good stretch over 25+ years by pitching horribly-timed dominating performances against them in the playoffs.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 11:25 AM

Happy Opening Day.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 12:18 PM

That looks dangerous. He's gonna break his neck.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 1:09 PM
posted by justincredible

That looks dangerous. He's gonna break his neck.

Not even up against a wall. I’m not sure that neck would break. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 12:28 AM

Not loving the Indians proposed division. But, if it’s the only way to have a season, bring it on.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 9:46 AM
posted by Laley23

Not loving the Indians proposed division. But, if it’s the only way to have a season, bring it on.

Don’t think Indians fans can complain about being in a tougher division. The AL central has been a joke (outside the Indians) for about 4 straight seasons. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 11:58 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Don’t think Indians fans can complain about being in a tougher division. The AL central has been a joke (outside the Indians) for about 4 straight seasons. 

The Indians had more wins than they did in the mid 90s runs last year and didn’t make the playoffs. But the previous 3 years were relative cake walks, yes.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 12:17 PM
posted by Laley23

The Indians had more wins than they did in the mid 90s runs last year and didn’t make the playoffs. But the previous 3 years were relative cake walks, yes.

When you go 3 years in a division where no one else was even an above .500 team (there may have been one in there idk), you kinda can’t complain about being in a tough division one year lol. But yes I did forget about the twins success last year. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 12:32 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

When you go 3 years in a division where no one else was even an above .500 team (there may have been one in there idk), you kinda can’t complain about being in a tough division one year lol. But yes I did forget about the twins success last year. 

Division was good in 2016. Tigers were a game or 2 out of the WC. Royals were .500. 

It was a 2 year run where the Indians ran away with it (2018 only year every team under .500). It was mostly that there were 2 awful teams each year in the central. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 12:39 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Man, but as a Pirates fan who saw his team stuck in the Wild Card round three straight years (even though during one of those, they were about the 3rd or 4th best team in all of MLB), I REALLY feel for Cleveland potentially being a division where there might actually be more than one other team with a pulse!

Gardens35

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 12:43 PM

All teams w/DH. Good decision.

BRF

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 1:19 PM
posted by Gardens35

All teams w/DH. Good decision.

Even though I’m a notorious opponent of the DH, I’m going to agree with this, too. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 1:30 PM

It’s the only option if they aren’t splitting league. 

Gardens35

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 1:37 PM

Yep, doesn't much matter to me if there's a DH or not, good to see AL and NL teams playing by same rule.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 1:45 PM
posted by Heretic

Man, but as a Pirates fan who saw his team stuck in the Wild Card round three straight years (even though during one of those, they were about the 3rd or 4th best team in all of MLB), I REALLY feel for Cleveland potentially being a division where there might actually be more than one other team with a pulse!

But but but, 4 years ago the second place team was 2 games out of making the playoffs and another team was .500!

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 2:18 PM

If this happens, I hope it leads to universal DH sooner rather than later.

BRF

Sat, Apr 11, 2020 2:25 PM
posted by justincredible

If this happens, I hope it leads to universal DH sooner rather than later.

Even though I prefer no DH, most people like it and I think the time has come to make it universal.