2020 Browns

Home Forums Sports

Al Bundy

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 4:36 PM
posted by sportchampps

What’s playoff scenarios for browns now

Browns are in if they win. They can also back in if they lose and finish in a two-team tie for wildcard with colts or titans

slingshot4ever

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 5:17 PM

Watch them flex us to SNF...I don’t want to sit around all Sunday thinking about that game....

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 5:29 PM

That was a horseshit effort. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 5:46 PM
posted by BRF

I just heard it’s in their own hands.  They must beat the Steelers and they are in.

Win against the Colts might be the tie breaker

Maybe root for Bills to lose tonight so maybe their game vs Miami might maybe mean more to them (probably not though)

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 6:49 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Watch them flex us to SNF...I don’t want to sit around all Sunday thinking about that game....

I doubt it, since Steelers/Bills games would be affected by either teams outcome. Washington/Philly, of Philly comes back...if not, I have no clue. Could be another year without one.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 6:57 PM
posted by Laley23

I doubt it, since Steelers/Bills games would be affected by either teams outcome. Washington/Philly, of Philly comes back...if not, I have no clue. Could be another year without one.

Hopefully not Philly cause I think I’ve watched them 7x this year 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just show Steelers/Browns though I prefer Sunday at 1 games

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 7:06 PM
posted by Ironman92

Hopefully not Philly cause I think I’ve watched them 7x this year 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just show Steelers/Browns though I prefer Sunday at 1 games

NFL really tries to make that game not dependent on any other outcome. Steelers may be in that situation by the end of other games, so likely playing at same time as them. Competitive advantage for Browns vs others if Steelers know fate and rest guys.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 7:10 PM
posted by Laley23

NFL really tries to make that game not dependent on any other outcome. Steelers may be in that situation by the end of other games, so likely playing at same time as them. Competitive advantage for Browns vs others if Steelers know fate and rest guys.

Oh I know and I hope it’s not the case where no game really fits but also want a SNG to watch

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 7:22 PM

Laley....Packers/Bears

Rams/Cardinals...this one seems most important of all games for both team considering Rams losing now

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 9:09 PM
posted by Ironman92

Win against the Colts might be the tie breaker

Maybe root for Bills to lose tonight so maybe their game vs Miami might maybe mean more to them (probably not though)

Even if the Bills win tonight I expect both teams (Steelers/Bills) to play their starters in week 17. I believe both teams would be 12-3 with Buffalo holding the tiebreaker for the #2 seed. If Buffalo loses to Miami and Pittsburgh would beat the Browns, would they not flip with Pittsburgh being the 2 seed? Week 17 should be important for both.

With that being said, I'm baffled that earlier this afternoon Vegas had the Browns as 7.5 point favorites? I'm assuming they figured Pittsburgh would be sitting starters?

As far as the game goes, I know they were short handed but too many drops, Mayfield needs to protect the ball and Stefanski gave up on that running game in the 4th quarter when they were just starting to do something. The defense is an abortion which will continue. That blown call on Darnold's fumble was huge and could've changed the outcome.

Not really pleased with how the league handled this considering all of the favors they did Baltimore but the Browns screwed themselves by joining Goodson in the hot tub.

BRF

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 9:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Not really pleased with how the league handled this considering all of the favors they did Baltimore but the Browns screwed themselves by joining Goodson in the hot tub.

I agree with the first part until “but” because I don’t know what you are talking about.  Could you school me on your Goodson comment?

But I was smh-ing last night and all day today about how this was handled in relation to the Covid and how other teams got breaks. 

And as a Browns fan, it makes perfect sense for 2020. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 9:42 PM
posted by BRF

I agree with the first part until “but” because I don’t know what you are talking about.  Could you school me on your Goodson comment?

But I was smh-ing last night and all day today about how this was handled in relation to the Covid and how other teams got breaks. 

And as a Browns fan, it makes perfect sense for 2020. 

Supposedly the WR corps got the contact tracing BS from joining Goodson, who is positive, in a hot tub. Better hope their tests continue to come back negative because they will need "all hands on deck" for Pittsburgh. Stefanski said "Wyatt Teller should be back in time for the playoffs 'if' we make it." Well, Sunday's the playoffs. Time for Teller to nut up or shut up.

As far as "perfect sense for 2020" I've been saying all along this has an eerie 2007 all over again feel to it. They were cruising along, fans were happy, then this. I went "oh shit" when Chucky shit down his leg against Miami last night. Had this bad feeling we'd be sitting where we are, as fans.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 10:18 PM

I get all of the issues. Losing to the Jets was dumb af. The game plan was just trash. There isn’t a whole lot to say, that was terrible. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 4:52 AM

I have 0 confidence the Browns will be making the playoffs.  Fuck the NFL. 

BR1986FB

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 10:31 AM
posted by like_that

I have 0 confidence the Browns will be making the playoffs.  Fuck the NFL. 

Yep. Fix is in. Jerome Boger will be the head ref for this one. Very strange things happen when he refs Browns games.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 12:19 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Yep. Fix is in. Jerome Boger will be the head ref for this one. Very strange things happen when he refs Browns games.

For one he’s terrible 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 12:22 PM

Can I ask WTF Chubb only had 11 carries?

This football stuff just seems bought off or fishy way too often.

Go Bengals!

Al Bundy

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 12:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

Go Bengals!

Without a receiver threat, the jets were just overloading the line. It took the browns too long to adjust and get Chubb the ball on screens.

BR1986FB

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 12:41 PM
posted by Ironman92

Go Bengals!

The thing I noticed most was no play action. I saw it once. If Stefanski was planning on having Baker sling it all over the yard 53x's at least get him out of the pocket.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 12:44 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The thing I noticed most was no play action. I saw it once. If Stefanski was planning on having Baker sling it all over the yard 53x's at least get him out of the pocket.

The no play action makes NO sense! It’s where Baker thrives.

I thought Stefanski would have a plan ready or adjust quickly.

I assume the receiving corps will be back this Sunday.

BR1986FB

Mon, Dec 28, 2020 1:01 PM
posted by Ironman92

The no play action makes NO sense! It’s where Baker thrives.

I thought Stefanski would have a plan ready or adjust quickly.

I assume the receiving corps will be back this Sunday.

No clue on the receivers. Not sure if any of them will test positive, having been exposed to Goodson. Teller & Wills need to sack up and play though. Last time the Browns faced the Steelers there was no Chubb or Teller.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 29, 2020 12:52 PM

So if Browns lose they can still get in if the Colts lose.

Colts aren’t losing but JVille at least locked up the 1 so they can try if they want.

I didn’t realize the Dolphins winning or losing doesn’t affect the Browns chances 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 29, 2020 12:53 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Jesus, can someone delete that post? I tried to cut & paste it and that's what came up. I'm trying to delete it but I can't

Done lol

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 29, 2020 12:55 PM
posted by Ironman92

So if Browns lose they can still get in if the Colts lose.

Colts aren’t losing but JVille at least locked up the 1 so they can try if they want.

I didn’t realize the Dolphins winning or losing doesn’t affect the Browns chances 

I just tried to cut & paste a Twitter post that the Steelers will be sitting key starters. If the Browns can't beat Rudolph they don't deserve to be in.