He played the best. He deserved it

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 6:45 PM

Man, I was pulling for a 3 putt there. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 6:48 PM

Reed winning the Masters is the equivalent of Manziel winning the Heisman...low integrity guy winning high integrity award.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 6:49 PM

Rickie is so cool but still classy.

Cant wait until he wins one

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 6:51 PM
posted by Ironman92

You beat me to it 

Spock

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 7:25 PM
posted by vball10set

Reed winning the Masters is the equivalent of Manziel winning the Heisman...low integrity guy winning high integrity award.

Did I miss something?  Low integrity guy?

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 7:27 PM
posted by Ironman92

He played the best. He deserved it

I disagree. Rickie played 1 bad shot today and it cost him a stroke. Reed had 2 bad putts plus a chip that didn’t go in the water and somehow came out -1 on those 3 shots.

Rickie was the 2nd best player in the course and the best player all weekend.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 7:28 PM
posted by Ironman92

I just hope he doesn’t go much longer without one. If anyone “deserves” a major of the current group, it’s gotta be him. He’s had so many close calls. Top 5 in all 4 in 2014. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 7:29 PM
posted by Spock

Yeah, he is a pretty shitty person lol. So is Tiger though, and I still love him. Reed doesn’t seem to be able to control his own life either.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 7:46 PM
posted by Laley23

I disagree. Rickie played 1 bad shot today and it cost him a stroke. Reed had 2 bad putts plus a chip that didn’t go in the water and somehow came out -1 on those 3 shots.

Rickie was the 2nd best player in the course and the best player all weekend.

But Rickie wasn’t much the first 2 rounds.

Rickie was incredible this weekend and his putting today was perfect but it’s a 72 hole tourney. Reed bogeyed the hole he should’ve went into the water.

I hate that Reed won but he played the best over the 4 days

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 7:47 PM
posted by Spock

Reed has his mom and dad removed from the U.S. Open in 2015

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Apr 8, 2018 8:18 PM
posted by Ironman92

But Rickie wasn’t much the first 2 rounds.

Rickie was incredible this weekend and his putting today was perfect but it’s a 72 hole tourney. Reed bogeyed the hole he should’ve went into the water.

I hate that Reed won but he played the best over the 4 days

He par’d that hole. And I thought you just meant today.

slingshot4ever

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 7:27 AM
posted by Ironman92

Reed has his mom and dad removed from the U.S. Open in 2015

I read that his wife had them removed, even worse.

prents and sister weren't invited to his wedding in 2012 and he has t talked to them since.  Sounds like parents told him he was too young to get married?

wife claims he was physically and mentally abused as a child by his parents.  Not sure how the sister fits in to it.

was kicked out of UGA for cheating and stealing from teammates freshman year

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 11:56 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

I read that his wife had them removed, even worse.

prents and sister weren't invited to his wedding in 2012 and he has t talked to them since.  Sounds like parents told him he was too young to get married?

wife claims he was physically and mentally abused as a child by his parents.  Not sure how the sister fits in to it.

was kicked out of UGA for cheating and stealing from teammates freshman year

His old coaches and people around the area all say he wasn’t abused or anything and his parents were amazing support. He always had a temper on the course, but not off it and was raised well.

Kicked out of UGA, and the coaches have painted a pretty good picture in interviews, even though they hold back. Hell, even at Augusta State the coach said there were “troubling times with Patrick” quite a bit. His teammates didn’t like him. I mean, it’s everyone's word against him and his in-laws, so I tend to side against him in thinking he is a prick.

Verbal Kint

Mon, Apr 9, 2018 7:07 PM

Sad.  I'll root for Spieth and the way he treats his sister.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jun 2, 2018 3:41 PM

Tiger 10 under through 53 holes and I haven’t watched a swing.....turn it on and watch him 3 putt bogey smh

QuakerOats

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 10:59 AM

Shinnecock Hills should be quite a test this week for the US Open.

Who do you like, and who are your sleepers?  Filling out some pools soon. 

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 1:44 PM

DJ looks good, but in reality, this course seems like a place that a guy like DeChambeau or Rahm would play good at. My heart still wants Rickie to win, but I don't think he has it this week:

1. Rahm

2. DJ

3. Rose

4. DeChambeau

5. Someone like Koepke, McIlroy, Justin Thomas

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 2:06 PM

Rose is in the best form of anyone all year.

I hate Rahm cause he is a hothead and this course is gonna throw back to back bogeys at you. 

DJ is always gonna have the game perfectly made for the US Open. Same with Brooks (lowest finish ever was 18th). My concern with him is the abbreviated season due to injury so far.

Tigers game at Memorial would’ve, IMO, won this week. If he is striking it that well again, with tougher greens to hit/hold, and more trouble (higher scores) he will win. His putting will be better on the faster greens, and the rest of the field  won’t be at -14 under.

Branden Grace is rounding into form and usually plays really well at the US Open.

Sleepers...I like Grilli and List (both numbers across the board are pretty insane all season) and then Steele. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 2:07 PM

Oh and I’ll throw some stuff on Rickie this week in hopes his engagement allows his mind to be free and easy.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 2:35 PM

Justin Thomas....not a huge fan, but he's got the perfect game for this course.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Jun 12, 2018 2:36 PM

Tiger would have won Memorial by 5 shots if he could putt that week.