2018 Golf Thread

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 2:13 PM

Tiger will be either 51 or 50 in OWGR. Multiple people who crunch these numbers reporting different. It’s by hundredths of a decimal with Henley. He misses Akron if it’s 51, makes it at 50. 

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 2:28 PM
posted by Laley23

Tiger will be either 51 or 50 in OWGR. Multiple people who crunch these numbers reporting different. It’s by hundredths of a decimal with Henley. He misses Akron if it’s 51, makes it at 50. 

The pga isn’t stupid. Tiger in. Henley out.  Lol 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 2:34 PM
posted by kizer permanente

The pga isn’t stupid. Tiger in. Henley out.  Lol 

I mean they can’t fudge it. It’s math. 

And he’s in. 

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 2:36 PM
posted by wildcats20

I mean they can’t fudge it. It’s math. 

And he’s in. 

Yeah it’s math ... and depending on who you ask you got different answers. And Tiger gets the nod. So... like I said. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 2:38 PM

Yeah it’s math ... and depending on who you ask you got different answers. And Tiger gets the nod. So... like I said. 

That’s because the one person had miscalculated something. 

Spock

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 2:47 PM

Bullshit

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 2:48 PM

Ah ok. Twitter seemed to be pointing toward Tiger out by a couple hundredth of a point then like a half hour later he was in. Just seemed peculiar lol. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 3:11 PM

Ah ok. Twitter seemed to be pointing toward Tiger out by a couple hundredth of a point then like a half hour later he was in. Just seemed peculiar lol. 

Yeah there are a couple guru guys out there and they basically had Tiger and Henley reversed. The one then did a recalculation and it matched with the other one. It was a .0122 difference. 

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 3:12 PM
posted by Spock

Bullshit

Why? Is there anyone besides Russell Henley’s family who would rather see him than Tiger in the last year at Firestone? 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 3:14 PM

Tiger would be 12th in the rankings if they didn’t have the minimum divisor shit. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 5:16 PM

I feel Tigers caddy let him down some

Spock

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 5:41 PM

Why? Is there anyone besides Russell Henley’s family who would rather see him than Tiger in the last year at Firestone? 

If he didnt make the cut then he shouldbt be in

kizer permanente

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 6:01 PM
posted by Ironman92

I feel Tigers caddy let him down some

How so ?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 6:02 PM
posted by Spock

If he didnt make the cut then he shouldbt be in

He did. It’s top 50. He’s 50. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 6:55 PM

How so ?

Going for the flop after getting a fortunate bounce, before that he had 226 with 20 mph wind slightly against him and hitting a 6 iron. Another shot was 195 with wind not helping and he pulled a 7 iron trying to kill it.

It was tight and he really didn’t disappoint. He made every 4-5 putt until 18 and had his nice sand saves. I mean maybe the caddy strongly recommended...I don’t know but seemed like a handful of shots in the middle portion of the round were bad decisions.

The right golfer won.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Jul 22, 2018 8:22 PM

Cause the one guy messed up his math, and others retweeted it. The golf channel guy remained adamant he was correct and the other guy had his math wrong on someone.

They can’t just change the formula lol.

Classyposter58

Mon, Jul 23, 2018 6:16 AM

It was awesome to see Tiger in the hunt but damn Molinari just killed it out there. Tough conditions and that dude didn’t even get a single bogey. Probably the hottest golfer on the planet right now considering he won Colonial by 8 strokes not too long ago

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 23, 2018 7:15 AM
posted by Classyposter58

It was awesome to see Tiger in the hunt but damn Molinari just killed it out there. Tough conditions and that dude didn’t even get a single bogey. Probably the hottest golfer on the planet right now considering he won Colonial by 8 strokes not too long ago

He won The National. And won the BMW at Wentworth not too long before that. 

Spock

Mon, Jul 23, 2018 10:07 AM
posted by wildcats20

He did. It’s top 50. He’s 50. 

i hope he gets 50th then

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jul 23, 2018 10:46 AM
posted by Spock

i hope he gets 50th then

He did. We knew that yesterday when we posted it lol.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 23, 2018 11:24 AM
posted by Laley23

He did. We knew that yesterday when we posted it lol.

I think he means 50th place lol. 

But 50th won’t be last. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jul 23, 2018 3:13 PM
posted by wildcats20

I think he means 50th place lol. 

But 50th won’t be last. 

Lol. Of course CC, noted golf fan, wouldn’t know the field for a WGC event.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 11, 2018 3:43 PM

PGA pretty fun right now.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 11, 2018 5:21 PM

Gary Woodland lol....in bunker, skins it across green to other bunker, mis hits it back across green and rolls down into original bunker and into his own footprints lol...hits it just out and nearly rolls back in

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 11, 2018 6:15 PM

Tiger has a 17 ft eagle and 3 putts smh