2018 Golf Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 9:17 AM

Well, will today greatly resemble yesterday? If it does I think Justin Rose or Koepka takes it....or someone well back like Paul Casey finishing early. I imagine it will be hard but mostly fair and guys up top like Berger and Aphibarnrat fall way back while the cream rises and DJ/Rose/Stenson/Koepka battle it out. Not sure Finau can hang in there. Hoping Furyk can make it even more interesting.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 9:28 AM

If someone from early on can post +1 or E, they will win. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 9:31 AM

Ok, ignore that. I don’t see anyone going from +5 or worse going low. I think +2 wins it and I’m going with Koepka. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 12:28 PM

Sounds like they watered them a little more than the day before so that should put DJ as the favorite

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 12:33 PM

The wind is supposed to pick up, but yeah some low scores out there. 

Classyposter58

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 2:05 PM

It is annoying but that’s golf. You always get worried when the course is more worried about the score than putting on a good tournament because that’s when shit like this happens

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 3:12 PM

Fleetwood rooting on yesterday’s wind to reappear

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 3:15 PM

Mick...I mean, Tommy Fleetwood having a hell of a day. -7 through 15. Be on pace to easily be having the best day, if not for how Reed currently is -4 through 5.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 3:16 PM

Johnny Miller is probably shitting his pants down at the senior center. 

Classyposter58

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 3:38 PM

God Paul Azinger sucks

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 3:50 PM

We’ll see how long these conditions hold

If like yesterday he’ll win by 2

+1 or +2 gonna win it

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 3:51 PM

Oh Tommy. What a poor putt for the record. Misread and didn’t hit it. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 6:08 PM

Back to back for Koepka

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 6:38 PM

I really wish Fleetwood would have got 62. That way we can stop hearing about Johnny Miller and Curtis Strange all in one day. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 7:31 PM
posted by wildcats20

I really wish Fleetwood would have got 62. That way we can stop hearing about Johnny Miller and Curtis Strange all in one day. 

Wondering if you are old enough to remember Strange winning back to back. Dude was calm and smooth.

Miller is irritating though and Vijay chocked if I remember to not beat him

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 8:10 PM
posted by Ironman92

Wondering if you are old enough to remember Strange winning back to back. Dude was calm and smooth.

Miller is irritating though and Vijay chocked if I remember to not beat him

I don’t mind Strange. Just sick of hearing about how he was the last back to back winner. And I was just shy of 5 when he won the 2nd 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jun 17, 2018 8:50 PM
posted by wildcats20

I don’t mind Strange. Just sick of hearing about how he was the last back to back winner. And I was just shy of 5 when he won the 2nd 

Well if you hear it anymore it’ll be with Koepka added. Strange as you would guess was quite arrogant

QuakerOats

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 10:21 AM

Pretty impressive of Koepka; wrist injury obviously fully healed.  He could be a beast for the foreseeable future. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 12:20 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Pretty impressive of Koepka; wrist injury obviously fully healed.  He could be a beast for the foreseeable future. 

I remember this being said after he won last year...we'll see

cat_lover

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 12:23 PM

Three tour victories and two of them were majors. Not too shabby.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 12:35 PM

He had a really good year last year. US Open win, T6 at The Open, T11 at the Masters, and a top 10 FEC finish. And then his wrist. He took 3 full months off to get healthy. His well on his way to many more wins. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 1:01 PM
posted by wildcats20

He had a really good year last year. US Open win, T6 at The Open, T11 at the Masters, and a top 10 FEC finish. And then his wrist. He took 3 full months off to get healthy. His well on his way to many more wins. 

again, we'll see

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 2:31 PM
posted by j_crazy

DJ looks good, but in reality, this course seems like a place that a guy like DeChambeau or Rahm would play good at. My heart still wants Rickie to win, but I don't think he has it this week:

1. Rahm

2. DJ

3. Rose

4. DeChambeau

5. Someone like Koepke, McIlroy, Justin Thomas 

Wasn't too bad with my picks:

Koepke won, DJ 3rd, Rose 10th, DeChambeau T25th (more like 36th but whatever)

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Jun 18, 2018 3:59 PM
posted by Laley23

Rose is in the best form of anyone all year.

I hate Rahm cause he is a hothead and this course is gonna throw back to back bogeys at you. 

DJ is always gonna have the game perfectly made for the US Open. Same with Brooks (lowest finish ever was 18th). My concern with him is the abbreviated season due to injury so far.

Tigers game at Memorial would’ve, IMO, won this week. If he is striking it that well again, with tougher greens to hit/hold, and more trouble (higher scores) he will win. His putting will be better on the faster greens, and the rest of the field  won’t be at -14 under.

Branden Grace is rounding into form and usually plays really well at the US Open.

Sleepers...I like Grilli and List (both numbers across the board are pretty insane all season) and then Steele. 

Tiger was a compete whiff. Basically nailed the rest. Grillo MC by 1, List imploded day 2...but that’s why they are sleepers/longshots! Steele wasn’t half bad until Sunday lol. Scored decently well depending on your format though.