Covid-19 discussion, continued...

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 13, 2022 8:18 PM
posted by Gardens35

And here it is!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/man-claims-covid-19-made-his-penis-shrink

Dick math….so he was definitely bigger than normal before, lost 1 1/2 inches and is now decidedly below average? Do those numbers calculate in inches, me says no

Gardens35

Thu, Jan 13, 2022 8:25 PM
posted by Ironman92

Dick math….so he was definitely bigger than normal before, lost 1 1/2 inches and is now decidedly below average? Do those numbers calculate in inches, me says no

Look at the pic, the wife looks frustrated, he looks despondent. Has to be true. And some of the "comments" are pretty funny.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Jan 13, 2022 8:56 PM
posted by iclfan2

Somehow the current administration got no masks and no tests ordered. Weird. Also funny that hospitals would rather allow Covid positive nurses to work than unvaxxed ones.

Non-political question other than kinda proving you are one, how many tests have y’all had in two years? Some need it for work obviously. I’ve had one…

Tested once to travel to Canada.  The only other reason I’d test is if I got very sick and doctors needed to know  

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jan 13, 2022 9:19 PM

Never been tested.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jan 14, 2022 4:24 AM

I am glad this turned into the COVID conspiracy thread...

I don't know if QO or CC touched on this, because I just scroll thru their conversations 95% of the time, but the one thing I will give them if they mentioned it are the vaccine passports. 

A LOT of people (including this site) acted like that was tin foil hat shit.  All of Europe essentially does it, and there are states/cities in the US that are doing it and I am not talking about private businesses requiring proof of vaccine.  In this case, the tin foil hat crew turned out to be right and the only argument I see is to move the goal posts and say shit like "LoL ItS nOt LiKe U wiLL EvEr LeAvE OhIo, So Y dO YoU cAre?"  You might a well just admit you were wrong about the passports at this point. 

Speaking of vaccine passports and mandates, it's hilarious that people think these actually do anything at this point.  The cases continue to skyrocket this winter, yet some people actually believe a piece of paper or a QR code to enter a resturaunt is helping. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Jan 14, 2022 1:37 PM
posted by like_that

I don't know if QO or CC touched on this, because I just scroll thru their conversations 95% of the time, but the one thing I will give them if they mentioned it are the vaccine passports. 

A LOT of people (including this site) acted like that was tin foil hat shit.  All of Europe essentially does it, and there are states/cities in the US that are doing it and I am not talking about private businesses requiring proof of vaccine.  In this case, the tin foil hat crew turned out to be right and the only argument I see is to move the goal posts and say shit like "LoL ItS nOt LiKe U wiLL EvEr LeAvE OhIo, So Y dO YoU cAre?"  You might a well just admit you were wrong about the passports at this point. 

Speaking of vaccine passports and mandates, it's hilarious that people think these actually do anything at this point.  The cases continue to skyrocket this winter, yet some people actually believe a piece of paper or a QR code to enter a resturaunt is helping. 

In Quebec you will now be fined for being unvaxxed.  

I assume prison is next. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Jan 14, 2022 1:39 PM
posted by like_that

difference conspiracy theory 2022 few months

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Jan 14, 2022 3:40 PM
posted by like_that

I don't remember anyone arguing with those two about vaccine passports.  That idea isn't anything new or "about to happen".  If you travel internationally, you need one.  If you want to go out to dinner in NYC, you need one.  There are plenty of examples.  I'm not arguing that they are doing much to help, but they aren't anything that hasn't been around for a long time now.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Jan 14, 2022 3:42 PM
posted by QuakerOats

difference conspiracy theory 2022 few months

Most of your "conspiracies" are outcomes that you twist to seem more nefarious.  Conspiracy theorist seems like a depressing way to look at the world.  

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Jan 14, 2022 6:15 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I don't remember anyone arguing with those two about vaccine passports.  That idea isn't anything new or "about to happen".  If you travel internationally, you need one.  If you want to go out to dinner in NYC, you need one.  There are plenty of examples.  I'm not arguing that they are doing much to help, but they aren't anything that hasn't been around for a long time now.  

I am talking about before vaccines were available.  People brushed the vaccine passports aside as tin foil hat shit. 

jmog

Fri, Jan 14, 2022 10:17 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Then you didn’t pay attention 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 2:17 PM

How are there still people wearing masks in their cars? Clowns. Most I see are alone, too. 

Lunch meetings are funny too. Some will wear a mask for the first hour, and then for the next half hour be maskless and eating/ talking. Even after it’s been widely reported that cloth masks offer little protection. 

gut

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 2:57 PM
posted by iclfan2

Even after it’s been widely reported that cloth masks offer little protection. 

Anxious to see how the Chicago teachers process that bit of news.

Are we really going to start giving kids KN95's every day?  Despite being a terrible idea for many reasons, it would also cost @ $100M per day...

Now that Biden is tanking, the media is finally toning down the fearmongering and starting to report more responsibly.  Maybe the great national paranoia will finally start to subside.

QuakerOats

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:05 PM

clowns when vaccinated finally realize ride wont stop

sportchampps

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 12:16 PM

My wife’s work is now requiring KN95 masks. Meanwhile I work in a drs office and no one wears a mask but we do put a sign out asking visitors to wear a mask in common areas which they do not do. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 1:43 PM
posted by sportchampps

My wife’s work is now requiring KN95 masks. 

Is she a teacher? Are they paying for the masks? F that. 

gut

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 1:56 PM
posted by iclfan2
Is she a teacher? Are they paying for the masks? F that. 

I don't envy people that have to make that call.  I think a lot of people have strong opinions about masks, and there's basically no policy that isn't going to piss off like half the employees.

And given that only KN95 do anything with omicron, it's long past time to stop bitching about people not wearing masks.

We don't do this shit for the flu, and omicron isn't even as bad as the flu (especially if you're vaccinated).

friendfromlowry

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 2:53 PM

Plus, IMO, the N95 masks are uncomfortable as fuck. I hate wearing them. I’ll still sometimes see someone working out wearing one. Idk how they do it. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 3:09 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Plus, IMO, the N95 masks are uncomfortable as fuck. I hate wearing them. I’ll still sometimes see someone working out wearing one. Idk how they do it. 

I was a the gym yesterday and saw a couple of these.  One was a fairly old dude (80+), so I give him a pass - Covid is probably scary to him plus he's at a gym lifting weights at his age, so good on him for that.  But the others I saw were all younger than 40 or so and were working out hard.  They probably took in far more germs from gripping dirty barbells than breathing the air.  Seems like a horrible way to exercise.  

Fletch

Mon, Jan 17, 2022 4:25 PM

The fascination boner people have about masks is unreal.  The myth of asymptotic spread was debunked over a year ago

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Jan 18, 2022 7:06 AM

Masks for liberals = maga hats for trumpers.  

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Tue, Jan 18, 2022 8:34 AM

here's where i go with this debate now that i've got it and am trying to do treatments to get over it. 

1. we shouldn't be politicizing any treatment. I can't get monoclonal antibodies (they are out of the one that treats omicron and that's what i've got according to all the Dr.'s that i've asked) none of the hospitals or pharmacies have paxlovid, so i can't get that. Ivermectin is available but no one will give it to me because joe rogan isn't a doctor so i have been told. HOWEVER my sister in law takes ivermectin for some arthritis condition she has, so i have started taking hers as of yesterday and it may be placebo, but my breathing and cough are quite a bit better 24hours after taking it. My point is if there is nothing else available why can't you give me something that might not work, but definitely won't make me worse? 

2. Testing and treatment need to really ramp up if we ever want to be truly back to normal. like i said i couldn't be treated right now normally, unless i was admitted to a hospital. but it took me 2 days to get tested once i showed symptoms and  3 days to get my results back once i got swabbed. by the time i knew i had it (for sure, i was acting like i did as soon as the 104 fever started) my symptoms (aside from the cough and shortness of breath) were GONE.  someone else might not have been so lucky. whatever bottleneck is in place to slow that process down needs to be fixed ASAP.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Jan 18, 2022 9:15 AM
posted by j_crazy

here's where i go with this debate now that i've got it and am trying to do treatments to get over it. 

1. we shouldn't be politicizing any treatment. I can't get monoclonal antibodies (they are out of the one that treats omicron and that's what i've got according to all the Dr.'s that i've asked) none of the hospitals or pharmacies have paxlovid, so i can't get that. Ivermectin is available but no one will give it to me because joe rogan isn't a doctor so i have been told. HOWEVER my sister in law takes ivermectin for some arthritis condition she has, so i have started taking hers as of yesterday and it may be placebo, but my breathing and cough are quite a bit better 24hours after taking it. My point is if there is nothing else available why can't you give me something that might not work, but definitely won't make me worse? 

2. Testing and treatment need to really ramp up if we ever want to be truly back to normal. like i said i couldn't be treated right now normally, unless i was admitted to a hospital. but it took me 2 days to get tested once i showed symptoms and  3 days to get my results back once i got swabbed. by the time i knew i had it (for sure, i was acting like i did as soon as the 104 fever started) my symptoms (aside from the cough and shortness of breath) were GONE.  someone else might not have been so lucky. whatever bottleneck is in place to slow that process down needs to be fixed ASAP.

Trump created three fantastic vaccines and Biden ended the pandemic.  What more are you expecting?

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Jan 18, 2022 12:08 PM
posted by j_crazy

To point #2, it would help if so many people stopped getting unnecessary tests.

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Tue, Jan 18, 2022 12:14 PM
posted by like_that

To point #2, it would help if so many people stopped getting unnecessary tests.

to that point, i'm not allowed to go back to the office until i show a negative PCR. same thing with my kids going back to school. so there is 3 test that aren't necessarily "NEEDED" but are necessary.