Covid-19 discussion, continued...

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 8:21 AM
posted by gut

I mean, they work outdoors AMIRITE?!?

Not all. There is at least one guy that hangs out in a building and ensures that my packages continuously get sent to tdifferent post offices for no reason. 

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 8:33 AM

serious question. what if my company made all of us employees go 1099 instead of W-2. does that get them around this mandate? i say that because there is no chance my company will mandate a vaccine. They will either join a class action suit against OSHA, or they will do something like what i've laid out above to get them under the 100 employee threshold and skirt the requirement.

kizer permanente

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 9:08 AM
posted by j_crazy

serious question. what if my company made all of us employees go 1099 instead of W-2. does that get them around this mandate? i say that because there is no chance my company will mandate a vaccine. They will either join a class action suit against OSHA, or they will do something like what i've laid out above to get them under the 100 employee threshold and skirt the requirement.

I’d think there’s way too many tax implications and and group policy implications for a company to just say you’re all 1099 now  

queencitybuckeye

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 10:23 AM
posted by justincredible

It’S a PrIvAtE cOmPaNy

Correct. The part I'm confused about came from a anti-vax (the wacko kind) cousin who argues nonsensically (to me) that government can't mandate companies to require vaccines for their employees, but government (i.e. idiot-boy DeSantis among others) CAN force companies not to have that requirement. To me, they either can or they cannot force their will on private companies..

QuakerOats

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 11:26 AM
posted by iclfan2

He can now quite simply, fuck off!  

If you want to literally destroy thousands of companies overnight, this is how you'd do it.  We can only hope and expect the courts to completely eviscerate this outrageous and tyrannical abuse of power. 

QuakerOats

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 11:29 AM
posted by j_crazy

Without knowing your company, it is HIGHLY unlikely the employees could go 1099; near impossible. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 2:08 PM
posted by QuakerOats

He can now quite simply, fuck off!  

If you want to literally destroy thousands of companies overnight, this is how you'd do it.  We can only hope and expect the courts to completely eviscerate this outrageous and tyrannical abuse of power. 

I actually think the companies will not even last overnight once the rule goes into effect.  I predict they will be destroyed that very day.  

Other things that were going to destroy companies overnight:

1. OSHA
  2. Sarbanes-Oxley
  3. Corporate taxes
  4. Environmental regulations
  5. Affirmative action
  6. ADA requirements
  7. EPA
  8. Homeland security border requirements
  9. Lack of US widespread adoption of the metric system
  10. Woke HR
  11. Obamacare
  12. COVID - working from home
  13. Unions
  14. Free trade policies

These are just some basic ones.  Stupid as some of them may be to you, well run companies continue to make record profits.  So my guess is they will find a way to endure a vaccine requirement as well.  Just a hunch.

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 2:29 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Without knowing your company, it is HIGHLY unlikely the employees could go 1099; near impossible. 

right now, roughly 40% of our workforce is 1099. we have 464 employees and no lie, more than 300 1099 contractors that work for us. like my manager has 20 people reporting to him, only 6 of us are employees. the rest are contractors.

QuakerOats

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 2:42 PM
posted by j_crazy

right now, roughly 40% of our workforce is 1099. we have 464 employees and no lie, more than 300 1099 contractors that work for us. like my manager has 20 people reporting to him, only 6 of us are employees. the rest are contractors.

Must be in a unique industry ......??

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Sep 10, 2021 8:08 PM
posted by justincredible

Twitter doesn't put a disclaimer on demonstrably false shit like this for some reason.

https://www.local10.com/news/florida/2021/09/09/florida-adds-another-1296-covid-19-deaths-12k-more-cases/

Bc they’re cucks. And it can only be misinformation if it’s from the right. 

gut

Sat, Sep 11, 2021 10:19 AM

13 gorillas at Atlanta zoo have covid.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Sep 11, 2021 2:47 PM

What ptown was saying

QuakerOats

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 11:17 AM

rogan drank water cnn dihydrogen oxygen nurclear reactors

Fletch

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 1:29 PM

So cdc is reporting falling cases across the country yet everyone is freaking out.  In a week or 2 we will be back down.

Automatik

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 1:47 PM

4th wave cases on the decline, deaths to follow. Let's hope this is the last fucking wave we have to hear about.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 2:44 PM
posted by Automatik

Let's hope this is the last wave we have to hear about.

😂 😂 😂 

Yeah, that'll happen.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 2:51 PM
posted by Automatik

4th wave cases on the decline, deaths to follow. Let's hope this is the last fucking wave we have to hear about.

Automatik

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 2:56 PM

Wave 4.5 INBOUND!

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 2:57 PM

I cannot image, given everything that has happened and is currently happening surrounding covid, having any sort of positive outlook on the future. Do you think the powers that be will ever give up the power that they are rapidly consolidating? This is our life now.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 3:01 PM

My wife recently told me I was depressing to talk to. I don't know what she's talking about.

QuakerOats

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 3:09 PM
posted by justincredible

I cannot image, given everything that has happened and is currently happening surrounding covid, having any sort of positive outlook on the future. Do you think the powers that be will ever give up the power that they are rapidly consolidating? This is our life now.

Don't let the bastards get you down.

QuakerOats

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 3:10 PM

hardest part of 15 days flatten curve first 18 months

QuakerOats

Mon, Sep 13, 2021 5:47 PM

New York hospital halts OB dept baby deliveries ----- due to staff resignations over vax mandate. 

Here we go....