Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Home Forums Politics

gut

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 6:12 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I think it was the republicans who started it when they impeached Clinton.

Payback for Bork.

But what really happened is Dems thought they had a permanent supermajority in 2008.  That's when Pelosi and Reid began dismantling norms and bipartisanship. Cocaine Mitch gets the last laugh.

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 7:13 PM
posted by superman

It's not just a norm, it's the law. The Judiciary Act 1869 fixed the number at 9

True, not a norm, but could easily be changed in a power move of they have both Houses. 

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 7:17 PM
posted by like_that

It's also not outside the Rs from doing the same thing when they gain back control.  Like I said, the Dems need to quit making this mistake that they think they will always be in power. 

True. I doubt they really expand the court for that reason. But, who knows if they get the power and are pissed. 

I dont blame them either as it would be a pure power play, like now for example. 

I also do not discount other random things in the court in the future, like who knows how long Clarence Thomas has or any other random event. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 9:44 PM
posted by Heretic

We're talking the dude who went from basically calling Trump an unqualified menace in 2016 to being his biggest asskisser when he got elected. We're not exactly talking about a guy with principles or standards -- just someone who will do what he has to do to maintain the support of people above him and then try to rationalize it in a way to make it sound like something other than asskissing played a role in his actions.

Ha I actually like him more once he said fuck it. Kavanaugh sealed the deal. Dems didn’t even pretend anymore. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Sep 22, 2020 10:03 PM

I see a lot of minds being changed on this thread. Well done. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 7:43 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I think it was the republicans who started it when they impeached Clinton. Bill Clinton, the sax playing president who was on MTV. He was the party's golden child. And then along came Monica Lewinsky and it all went downhill from there. Republicans impeached him. 

So that's where the vengeance started. Clinton got impeached and the democrats were vengeful. And we all know how it has been since.

This was the beggining of the major divide in this country, and then the 2000 election made it even worse. 

gut

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 12:52 PM
posted by like_that

This was the beggining of the major divide in this country, and then the 2000 election made it even worse. 

Maybe.  Or maybe that was Republicans finally growing a spine after Dems fucked Reagan on immigration and Bork, and then Bush on taxes.

Someone needs to stop the madness.  But I don't think either side trusts the other to play fairly, and I wouldn't trust any of them, either.

QuakerOats

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 1:45 PM

Another huge peaceful protest outside Pittsburgh last night.

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 2:58 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Wait, what are they protesting? Trump is the President of the United States....

Kinda odd for the people in power to protest....

QuakerOats

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 3:35 PM

Jesus .................. it was a rally

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 3:41 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Jesus .................. it was a rally

Hey you are the one that called it a protest...

Also, how many people wore masks like they should have? 

QuakerOats

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 4:13 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Hey you are the one that called it a protest...

Also, how many people wore masks like they should have? 

The ones that wanted to.  Everybody got to decide whether to attend, and also whether to wear a mask.  It was really cool, like freedom and stuff.

ptown_trojans_1

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 5:57 PM
posted by QuakerOats

The ones that wanted to.  Everybody got to decide whether to attend, and also whether to wear a mask.  It was really cool, like freedom and stuff.

Yeah I mean sure it is their choice, but really it is not..In PA masks are mandated in all public areas. 

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-sec-of-health-signs-expanded-mask-wearing-order/

So yeah....way to go guys. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 8:47 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Here was a huge peaceful protest outside of Nuremburg some years ago.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:38 PM

It looks like there have been 18 deaths and 424 cases in that entire county, out of a population of 65k.

majorspark

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:42 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Here was a huge peaceful protest outside of Nuremburg some years ago.

Since you brought out the nazis, rather than just posting a picture with a simple statement I would be interested in your concise comparison between the two pictures.  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:44 PM

Well, I remember people (not here) equating MAGA hats to swastika's a while back on the twitter machine.

geeblock

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:45 PM
posted by justincredible

It looks like there have been 18 deaths and 424 cases in that entire county, out of a population of 65k.

Not sure how big the county is. I was in kittaning pa. It def doesn’t have 65 k people if you were talking to me. I do remember someone saying they had had 600 ish cases and 30 deaths tho 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:47 PM
posted by geeblock

Not sure how big the county is. I was in kittaning pa. It def doesn’t have 65 k people if you were talking to me 

Of course I was talking to you, you were the only one talking about covid. I was saying, the entire county that town is in, which has 65k people, has had 424 cases and 18 deaths. So it's not a surprise they are treating it like it's not a big deal.

geeblock

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:55 PM
posted by justincredible

Of course I was talking to you, you were the only one talking about covid. I was saying, the entire county that town is in, which has 65k people, has had 424 cases and 18 deaths. So it's not a surprise they are treating it like it's not a big deal.

U are correct Armstrong county does have that many people.. doesn’t feel like it. it must be very large and spread out sorry for the confusion. The town I was in has 3700

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 9:59 PM

majorspark

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 10:00 PM
posted by justincredible

Well, I remember people (not here) equating MAGA hats to swastika's a while back on the twitter machine.

There are legitimate comparisons to historical totalitarian regimes in politics that we all should take note of, but if you are going to invoke it I think you should at least back it up. In this case with more than a picture.

superman

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 10:02 PM
posted by justincredible

Aren't those the hats that geeblock was afraid of? 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Sep 23, 2020 10:03 PM

That county looks like Ohio.