Impressed by the Trump administration part II

Home Forums Politics

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 7:16 AM

Well, we know CNN will be happy if his sister takes over considering  how they fawned over her during the Winter Olympics.

gut

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 12:15 PM
posted by like_that

Well, we know CNN will be happy if his sister takes over considering  how they fawned over her during the Winter Olympics.

Going to have to suspend relations again in order to avoid an international incident when Biden tries to smell her hair...

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 2:54 PM
posted by gut

Exactly.  But I'm just speculating that his sister's elevated profile might be an indicator the clock is running out for him.

I thought I just saw video of him maybe 3-4 weeks ago.  Hard to believe he'd be dead or in a coma, unless he had a stroke, or maybe caught the 'Rona.

Corona...I doubt it. He was seen just last week. 

The sister was elevated sure, but that could have been for a whole host of reasons, including his declining health. It could also just to elevate her above the traditional military hierarchy that is in the country.  

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 2:54 PM
posted by gut

Going to have to suspend relations again in order to avoid an international incident when Biden tries to smell her hair...

Hey, that would be a change of pace from the love letters the current President sends that have worked so well. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 4:32 PM

Looking forward to Falwell Jr. getting added to Trump's staff in the near future, what how they seem kind of similar and stuff!

gut

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 4:39 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Hey, that would be a change of pace from the love letters the current President sends that have worked so well. 

He tried something different, and got the same result.  I don't get too carried away with what the optics supposedly are.  Just fodder for cable news that doesn't really matter in foreign diplomacy.

Trump's track record on foreign policy is pretty much right there with Obama - each put up one run and a bunch of goose eggs on the scoreboard.  I don't expect Biden to do any better or worse.

QuakerOats

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 5:30 PM
posted by sportchampps

If Trump gets 7% of the African American vote he will win. From internal sources he’s polling at 13%. 

It will probably end up being 16% or greater.

50 years of being take for granted, and taken advantage of, by liberals is too, too long.

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 6:39 PM
posted by gut

He tried something different, and got the same result.  I don't get too carried away with what the optics supposedly are.  Just fodder for cable news that doesn't really matter in foreign diplomacy.

Trump's track record on foreign policy is pretty much right there with Obama - each put up one run and a bunch of goose eggs on the scoreboard.  I don't expect Biden to do any better or worse.

Ehh, I'd say it has been worse as it has led to the degrading of the post World War II international order. The US standing in the world had been reduced as evidence of the embarrassing UN vote last week in Iran where the rest of the world told us to fuck off. 

Also, China has expanded its own power even more than under Obama, including Hong Kong and the camps, which Trump has not denounced at all. 

I'll also say again, we good with the sitting Secretary of State giving a political speech from Israel? That is something no other SECSTATE has done. Yet, its perfectly cool with Trump. 

gut

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 7:16 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Ehh, I'd say it has been worse as it has led to the degrading of the post World War II international order. The US standing in the world had been reduced as evidence of the embarrassing UN vote last week in Iran where the rest of the world told us to fuck off.

Right, just like W ruined our standing in the world.  And then Obama came along leading from behind and making America look weak.  Like I said, optics.  Optics are for voters and talking heads.  Foreign diplomacy is only about national self-interest.   LMFAO "the UN vote"....

The reality is, we don't have good solutions for Russia and China...Sanctions don't really work, and there's no military option with those two.  I don't know what will happen or what we can do with Russia and China, but I'm pretty sure Biden doesn't have a clue, either.  Trump, to his credit, took the difficult and painful approach of tariffs - the first politician in 30 years to actually do something about China other than talk, but probably not going nearly far enough.  Didn't work.  None of this stuff works because the bad actors just wait out a new administration.  If Trump wins, or Biden continues the tariffs, we might finally move the needle there.  And then leveraging China with NK was brilliant.  Whether Trump is responsible for the failure, or they just calculated Trump wouldn't be re-elected we'll never know, because Biden won't do shit.

And, no, I'm not ok with Pompeo's speech.  Not to mention, I heard like 30 seconds of it and it sounded like Trump wrote it.

gut

Mon, Aug 24, 2020 7:51 PM

No post-convention bounce for Biden.  Not good, but he did have a big lead.

We'll see if Trump gets a post-convention bounce.  He did in 2016, but won't surprise me if he doesn't get one.

geeblock

Tue, Aug 25, 2020 9:56 PM

So she thinks committing crimes is genetic? 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Aug 25, 2020 10:10 PM
posted by geeblock

So she thinks committing crimes is genetic? 

Did you read the article? She literally said nothing about genetics and used statistics as her basis. Right or wrong, I hope you don’t teach math. 

geeblock

Wed, Aug 26, 2020 8:10 AM
posted by iclfan2

Did you read the article? She literally said nothing about genetics and used statistics as her basis. Right or wrong, I hope you don’t teach math. 

If  her son was raised by her why would he be statistically more likely to commit a crime than her other children? Cmon man. Also I thought racial profiling by police was a myth?

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 26, 2020 8:16 AM
posted by geeblock

If  her son was raised by her why would he be statistically more likely to commit a crime than her other children? Cmon man 

That’s not exactly what she’s saying,, but I misread it last night and I agree it’s a dumbass comment. She’s basically advocating racial profiling innocent people.

QuakerOats

Fri, Aug 28, 2020 11:40 AM
posted by geeblock

If  her son was raised by her why would he be statistically more likely to commit a crime than her other children? Cmon man. Also I thought racial profiling by police was a myth?

"Cmon man"

Did you get that from Joe Biden?

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Aug 28, 2020 11:54 AM

I'm not so sure that any president can have such a direct pipeline of control or that we should be asking for one to be put in place. Wouldn't that immediately start oozing into other areas and be taken advantage of? Not just by Trump but any future president?

Spock

Thu, Sep 3, 2020 10:38 AM

Trump is gonna get 15% of the black vote and will crush the dems

gut

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 3:19 PM
posted by Spock

Trump is gonna get 15% of the black vote and will crush the dems

He's going to need 20% just to offset the working class white males and suburban white women he's lost.

This election is going to be about turnout.  That's why the Dems are pounding the table about universal mail-in voting, because they know actually having to request a ballot is going to "suppress" their vote.

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 5:48 PM

Is anybody else tired of the line "this will be a historical election with record turnout" ?

They (media) have been saying this since Bill Clinton first ran for the presidency. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 6:12 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

Is anybody else tired of the line "this will be a historical election with record turnout" ?

They (media) have been saying this since Bill Clinton first ran for the presidency. 

Agreed.  Every election is "the most important election in our lifetimes - the  country's future is at stake."

gut

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 10:22 PM

posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Agreed.  Every election is "the most important election in our lifetimes - the  country's future is at stake."

Repubs used that in 2010 to take back the House (and, in hindsight, that election really might have been huge).

Trump used it in 2016 to win the White House

Dems used it in 2018 (with a little help from Mueller) to take back the House.

I had to edit this for 2010...The Dems had thought they had a permanent super majority.  If Repubs hadn't taken the House, who knows what the emerging regressives would have done.  IMO, that WAS the most important election we've had in 30 years.  Not trying to start a debate on FDR and the "New Deal", but Part Deuce is the road we would have gone down if Repubs didn't take the House in 2010.

QuakerOats

Wed, Sep 9, 2020 10:21 AM

Norwegian official nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

Just weeks after helping to broker peace between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), President Trump has been nominated for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize. Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament, lauded Trump for his efforts toward resolving protracted conflicts worldwide.

Refreshing:  A prez who actually deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Sep 9, 2020 11:34 AM

Nothing demonstrates peace like Trump. 🙄

QuakerOats

Wed, Sep 9, 2020 3:43 PM

Remember when everyone said Trump is a crazed maniac and we will be in WWIII right after the election ........  or has everyone conveniently forgotten their foolish and hysterical statements?

Now, being peaceful with domestic terrorists is probably not going to last much longer; I give it another 55 days.