ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Feb 13, 2020 10:19 PM
posted by Spock

Yea the polls have been very accurate.  I would trust them 

So far they have been....

Automatik

Thu, Feb 13, 2020 11:27 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Got your finger on the pulse of the People do you?

The People = old, bitter white guys in bumblefuck.

jmog

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 8:31 AM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Yup. Agreed. 

The Ad he put out online a few days ago pitting words of US Presidents against that of Trump at rallies was great. 

https://twitter.com/MikeBloomberg/status/1226580658807504897

Bloomberg would be terrible for the country, but that is a darn good ad. 

jmog

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 8:34 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Biden trailing a communist, a gay, and a fake Indian.  Look for a medical issue to pop up very shortly taking him out of the race.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 9:16 AM

Someone forgot to tell QO that it isn't 1962.  

Son, you've got to watch out for communists and queers.  

Spock

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 12:18 PM

So far they have been....

Holy cow you are blind aren't you.....I was being sarcastic about polls being right.  Remember 2016?

ptown_trojans_1

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 12:36 PM
posted by Spock

Holy cow you are blind aren't you.....I was being sarcastic about polls being right.  Remember 2016?

Me blind? Hello pot....

Yeah...the polls were largely right there in 2016 too. They were within the margin of error in the swing states and nationally. But, that gets lost in the story. 

jmog

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 12:46 PM

Me blind? Hello pot....

Yeah...the polls were largely right there in 2016 too. They were within the margin of error in the swing states and nationally. But, that gets lost in the story. 

Nationally they were, but I don't believe they were within the swing states. I will have to look it up, but I remember FL, PA, WI, MI, MN all being well off (maybe OH too).

Edit: I looked it up, they had PA, WI, MI, and MN wrong.

MI was off by 5.3% (5% favor for Clinton, Trump won by 0.3%)

PA was off by 3.7%

WI was off by 7.7%

MN was off by 7.5% (in my head Trump won MN, but he didn't, they had Clinton by 9%, she won by 1.5%).

jmog

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 12:57 PM

I could keep going...

Ohio was off by 4.7%

Indiana was off by 9%

All of the states that were off by a bunch were off "lowering" Trump vs what actually happened. None of Clinton's states were off by more than a couple percent.

The swing states were most definitely off/wrong in the 2016 election polls.

The national polls were only off by 1%, the swing states were off by a lot.

QuakerOats

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 11:31 AM
posted by Automatik

The People = old, bitter white guys in bumblefuck.

LOL.

Actually The People largely comprise the majority of the states that elected the president.

gut

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 9:14 PM

Mayor Pete comes out throwing haymakers and connecting!

Spock

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 10:02 PM

Complete shitshow.    Now they are blubbering about climate.  Just funny shit. 

gut

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 10:24 PM
posted by Spock

Complete shitshow.    Now they are blubbering about climate.  Just funny shit. 

Pete is getting more impressive with every debate.  The rest are clowns.  Bloomberg is clearly rusty, but not doing terrible given the attacks he's getting hit with.

But I'm afraid they've already sunk Bloomberg as a Presidential candidate.  Sometimes it helps to get the dirt out of the way in primaries, but in the #MeToo era the many non-disclosure agreements might be insurmountable.

Except the only thing that might be more entertaining than watching Trump win re-election, is watching all the TDS people try to justify voting for Bloomberg instead.

gut

Wed, Feb 19, 2020 10:25 PM

Also, I love watching Bloomberg school these commie bastards on business and economics.

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 9:51 AM
posted by gut

Also, I love watching Bloomberg school these commie bastards on business and economics.

His commie comment and knock on Bernie for his 3 houses were good.

Otherwise, Bloomberg took so many bombs from the other Ds and looked bad in spots. 

I'll give the Ds this...it was entertaining....

Warren throwing darts left and right and the Pete and Klobachar back and forth was fun to watch. 

Bottom line though....it did little to stop the Bernie train. Bernie is likely going to have the most delegates. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 10:26 AM

I do find the cognitive dissonance astounding that all the people on that stage last night who want to do away with the electoral college were completely fine with super delegates deciding the nomination. 

Spock

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 11:02 AM

What is crazy is you look at that stage and wonder who is the first one bowing out.

I see Biden coming up with a "reason" to drop out.

Pete has big money behind him.

Amy might take a deal to be VP...if not she stays.

Warren?

Bernie?

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 11:15 AM
posted by Spock

What is crazy is you look at that stage and wonder who is the first one bowing out.

Warren?

Bernie?

None will drop out till the money dries up.
Bernie definitely isn't dropping out. Hes the only one who stands a chance to win enough delegates.
The rest are hoping they can keep the money coming in long enough to steal enough delegates and let the super delegates give them the nomination.

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 11:43 AM
posted by Spock

Warren?

Bernie?

If Biden can win South Carolina...he isn't dropping out before Super Tuesday. 

After March 3rd is when I think you will see a number of folks drop out depending on how they do that night.

If I had to guess, I say Amy and either Pete/ Warren drop out after Super Tuesday. 

Although, with the screwed up way the Ds award delegates through proportion instead of winner take all like the Rs, a lot of them could stay in the race for a while if they continue to accumulate delegates. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 11:55 AM

And I disagree on Bloomberg. He got bodied last night.

jmog

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 12:11 PM

Bloomberg got slammed last night, but his dig on Comrade Bernie was pretty epic.

kizer permanente

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 12:14 PM
posted by jmog

Bloomberg got slammed last night, but his dig on Comrade Bernie was pretty epic.

Maybe for conservatives. It didn't do anything to Bernie and only hurt himself with the Dems. Dude should drop out. I thought he was gonna cry last night.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 12:19 PM

I saw a clip of Warren giving Bloomberg the business. I enjoyed it, because f*** that guy.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Feb 20, 2020 12:54 PM

New polls out for three swing states: PA/ MI/ WI

The Ds lead in two of the three, with Trump killing it in WI.

I think if that happens, it would pretty much be a tie. 

https://poll.qu.edu/2020-presidential-swing-state-polls/release-detail?ReleaseID=3656

I believe I saw that if Trump loses PA and MI, but holds Wisc and the rest of 2016, he would win by 2.  But if he loses the 1 vote in Nebraska I think, it could be a tie.