2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Dec 27, 2020 2:30 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

That was from like 2 weeks ago...

As far as smoking guns go, I'm underwhelmed. And that's even considering how I expect nothing from CC.

Spock

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 9:30 AM

The amount of evidence on voter fraud coming out is unreal.  The hacking of the software live on TV, pictures of fake ballots by the truck load, courts hearing evidence on 100,000+ fake ballots.  

Something big is going to happen for sure

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 9:36 AM

"Unreal" is the correct word, but not in the way you mean.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 9:40 AM

And something big is going to happen for sure.

Joe Biden will be inaugurated in 20 days as President of the United States. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 9:45 AM

Also, the courts have been hearing “evidence” for weeks now. Every single case has been dismissed for lack of evidence. 

Have you been living under a rock?

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 10:16 AM
posted by Spock

The amount of evidence on voter fraud coming out is unreal.  The hacking of the software live on TV, pictures of fake ballots by the truck load, courts hearing evidence on 100,000+ fake ballots.  

Trump lost. Get on with your life.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Dec 31, 2020 10:33 AM
posted by Spock

"Something big" is always just around the corner with you guys.  Hell, Pat Robertson has had more predictions come true than you and QO. Try a different line this coming year. 

QuakerOats

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 5:04 PM
posted by wildcats20

Also, the courts have been hearing “evidence” for weeks now. Every single case has been dismissed for lack of evidence. 

Have you been living under a rock?

Not for lack of evidence; lack of standing and other legal technicalities.   World of difference.

queencitybuckeye

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 5:10 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Not for lack of evidence; lack of standing and other legal technicalities.   World of difference.

Your statement is not particularly true in general, but especially wrong is that lack of standing is not a "technicality". If anything, the concept should be expanded.

gut

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 7:13 PM

If the Repubs lose the Senate, it will be about 90% Trump's fault.  And if that happens, I really really hope primary voters remember that if he tried to run in 2024.

Well, I hope he loses in 2024 regardless, but it's difficult to see how he wouldn't easily win the nomination in a crowded field.

gut

Mon, Jan 4, 2021 7:15 PM
posted by queencitybuckeye

"Unreal" is the correct word, but not in the way you mean.

I laughed at a few GA voters on tv saying "if there's that much smoke, there's gotta be a fire".  Ummm, no, there is no smoke it's all just made-up nonsense.

The Georga AG or whomever, a Republican, just dismantled point-by-point every ridiculous claim Trump rattled off on that call.

Automatik

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 9:19 AM
posted by gut

If the Repubs lose the Senate, it will be about 90% Trump's fault.  And if that happens, I really really hope primary voters remember that if he tried to run in 2024.

Well, I hope he loses in 2024 regardless, but it's difficult to see how he wouldn't easily win the nomination in a crowded field.

I don't see Trump running when he's 78. 

His cronies will push for Jr. or Ivanka. LOL.

QuakerOats

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 10:04 AM
posted by Automatik

I don't see Trump running when he's 78. 

His cronies will push for Jr. or Ivanka. LOL.

I agree, although he would be in a helluva lot better shape at 78 than Biden is at 78.

Automatik

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 11:27 AM

lol wut? Trump looks like a large sack of mashed potatoes. He needs to spend some money on his health.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 12:52 PM

Trump might be dead in 4 years lol

Spock

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 1:10 PM

Trump will not win but whoever the Pubs put up will be coming with his endorsement and he will likely be the big money maker for them.  

Biden wont run again either so the question is which party have a deeper bench?

Pubs- Candidate will have to be ultra conservative.  I see a minority or women for sure.

Dems- Likely will put up a liberal as hell women also.

Calling it right now:  Our next president will be a women.

Spock

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 7:19 PM

We will see how legit that presidential election in Georgia tonight.  The senate run off rules are the same as November.  If the R's blow the D's out then I think you will all ponder this

gut

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 7:28 PM
posted by Spock

We will see how legit that presidential election in Georgia tonight.  The senate run off rules are the same as November.  If the R's blow the D's out then I think you will all ponder this

My question is we'll see if Trump costs Repubs the Senate.

IMO, between 3-4% of Republican voters chose Biden over Trump.  And that was probably the difference in GA, AZ, WI and NV.

On the other hand, to win/keep those voters Trump being less of a dick might have resulted in fewer of the base turning out.  But then Dems may have been a little less motivated, too.

I think in the end Trump lost the election because of Covid.  It's really that simple.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 8:38 PM

The numbers don’t look good currently. Congrats to all the dipshits dragging out this dumb fucking election fraud garbage and telling people not to vote. 

Fletch

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 9:01 PM
posted by iclfan2

The numbers don’t look good currently. Congrats to all the dipshits dragging out this dumb fucking election fraud garbage and telling people not to vote. 

CNN is currently saying that the next hour will be heavy with R votes.  They know the D votes aren’t far enough ahead

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 9:56 PM

Cook Political Report’s Dave Wasserman has called the race for Warnock.  

I know nothing about that site/person, so it is what it is. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 9:56 PM
posted by Spock

So, will you STFU now? 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 10:18 PM

G. Elliot Morris of the Economist has now called BOTH races for the Dems. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 10:22 PM

Yeah, Democrats look like they will take both here. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 10:46 PM

Yea, no chance Warnock (who I can’t see how anyone actually likes) is losing w a bunch of votes about to drop. Perdue has a slight chance but unlikely. 

Should have take the L and focused all of the attention on Georgia. Idiots