OSU Football 2019

Home Forums Sports

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Sep 6, 2019 1:32 PM
posted by vball10set

1-0 

Yeah, to me, that was just a game where things were way easy in the early going, so they lost a lot of their intensity after it became apparent they'd score 100 if they wanted, which led to a long period of lackluster play. The sort of thing that's understandable, even if we'd rather have them show nothing but killer instinct.

But overall, the only thing that really concerned me was that Dobbins was kind of pedestrian overall. Been reading about how he was ready to explode this season after being disappointed in his performance last year, but he still was under 5 YPC for the game and had a fumble. And having good contributions from him throughout the season when they're playing actual competition is going to be a pretty key element for the team, I'd have to imagine.

vball10set

paying it forward

Sat, Sep 7, 2019 10:04 PM

2-0 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Sep 8, 2019 7:49 PM

It doesn’t matter, but LSU jumped the Bucks and Oklahoma in the AP Poll. OSU drops to 6 after beating the brakes off UC. 

queencitybuckeye

Mon, Sep 9, 2019 7:12 AM
posted by wildcats20

It doesn’t matter, but LSU jumped the Bucks and Oklahoma in the AP Poll. OSU drops to 6 after beating the brakes off UC. A

As long as the same happens next year when tOSU opens a can on the Ducks, I'm fine with it.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Sep 11, 2019 2:24 PM

not sure where to put this, but thought it was appropriate all things considered...

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Sep 22, 2019 7:55 AM

4-0

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Sep 22, 2019 9:45 AM

Win via complete murder yesterday. And to think, it was only 7-5 after the first quarter.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Sep 23, 2019 4:33 PM

These early season blowout games are brutal.  I cannot imagine putting down money for a ticket to go and watch this nonsense.  I don't blame OSU - all of the big time schools do it.  But my God, what a complete joke.  The Scarlet and Gray game is more interesting to watch.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Sep 24, 2019 8:17 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

These early season blowout games are brutal.  I cannot imagine putting down money for a ticket to go and watch this nonsense.  I don't blame OSU - all of the big time schools do it.  But my God, what a complete joke.  The Scarlet and Gray game is more interesting to watch.  

lol--and you're probably one of 'those people' who bitch and moan if the margin of victory isn't big enough against one of these early season opponents...and no, the Spring Game is NOT more interesting to watch, believe me.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Sep 24, 2019 1:54 PM
posted by vball10set

lol--and you're probably one of 'those people' who bitch and moan if the margin of victory isn't big enough against one of these early season opponents...and no, the Spring Game is NOT more interesting to watch, believe me.

I'm not one of those.  The scores of these games are meaningless.  In my lifetime, I have seen plenty of teams that run up big scores against horrible opponents only to have bad seasons against legitimate opponents.  In fact, my favorite OSU team was the 2002 NC team which had a close game against almost every opponent - good and bad.  

I just hate these weeks of so many games between top 25 teams and 1-AA type opponents.  It is not enjoyable to me.  

vball10set

paying it forward

Sat, Sep 28, 2019 6:45 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

I just hate these weeks of so many games between top 25 teams and 1-AA type opponents.  It is not enjoyable to me.  

Fair enough, and if they're not enjoyable to you, don't watch them. IMO, the scores are not meaningless, and I enjoy the hell out of these games. It allows me to watch a lot of players who may not otherwise get to play, getting a glimpse of future teams. It allows me to watch players grow, especially transfers, freshmen, and newly minted starters--as well as the team. It allows me to watch THE Ohio State football team kicking the shit out of somebody. Yup--I enjoy the hell out of anything and everything OSU football.

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Sep 29, 2019 7:55 AM

5-0 (and yes, I found it enjoyable)

georgemc80

Wed, Oct 2, 2019 2:18 PM

Well, its been a long time, I can't believe I remembered my login information.  What have I missed? lol

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Oct 2, 2019 2:20 PM
posted by georgemc80

Well, its been a long time, I can't believe I remembered my login information.  What have I missed? lol

heyyyy, welcome back---not a whole lot, just yakking it up among the few we have left---but it's the quality, not the quantity---right?!?

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Oct 3, 2019 2:53 PM

Cool factoid I saw on Twitter, with New England signing Nuge, a complete 53-man roster could be built from tOSU guys in the league.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:38 AM

Fairly dominating win....after the first 15 min. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 8:03 AM

6-0

slingshot4ever

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 9:04 AM

This is when you know ticket prices are too high.....

There are still plenty of C deck tickets available for all remaining home games.  170 for Wisconsin, 184 for PSU, around 90 for Maryland - then TicketMaster fees.  

No reason OSU shouldn't sell out before the season even starts.  

Spock

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 12:55 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

There are still plenty of C deck tickets available for all remaining home games.  170 for Wisconsin, 184 for PSU, around 90 for Maryland - then TicketMaster fees.  

Sure its great to experience the games there at the stadium but why sit in cold ass temps......nose bleeds when you can watch it on your 80" HD

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 7:51 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

are these remaining tix through the university or a secondary market?

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 2:41 PM
posted by vball10set

Direct from Ticketmaster. And not the resell listings. 

slingshot4ever

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 3:47 PM
posted by vball10set

Straight from university via TicketMaster - closed end of stadium (C deck from 1C to 9C)

Automatik

Thu, Oct 10, 2019 3:48 PM

Anyone going to Rutgers? After going to two years ago I swore I’d never do it again. 

But now I have some friends going and I’m reconsidering. Hoping for an early start, kick off is still TBD.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Oct 18, 2019 9:42 AM

Lot of people butt hurt that the game is on a Friday night bc of high school football, as if OSU scheduled the game

wkfan

Fri, Oct 18, 2019 2:40 PM
posted by iclfan2

Lot of people butt hurt that the game is on a Friday night bc of high school football, as if OSU scheduled the game

I'd love to see the reaction from the NCAA if the NFL scheduled their games on a Saturday.