NFL Offseason 2018

Home Forums Sports

Automatik

Tue, Aug 21, 2018 1:39 PM

lol...you need to brush up on your geography.

BR1986FB

Tue, Aug 21, 2018 1:53 PM

Good god

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Aug 21, 2018 2:02 PM
posted by Automatik

lol...you need to brush up on your geography.

Pittsburgh is in Pennsylvania--close enough

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 21, 2018 4:09 PM
posted by vball10set

Only in Pittsburgh...

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/08/20/three-men-sex-with-animals-dogs-horses-cow-goat/

According to the article, that took place in Clearfield County, which is a ways east of Pittsburgh and just a bit west of State College (apparently, since they cracked down on relations with young boys there, animals were next on the fuck-list). Where you could say it's in the same half of the state as Pittsburgh, but really not much more.

But nice try.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 8:03 AM
posted by Heretic

According to the article, that took place in Clearfield County, which is a ways east of Pittsburgh and just a bit west of State College (apparently, since they cracked down on relations with young boys there, animals were next on the fuck-list). Where you could say it's in the same half of the state as Pittsburgh, but really not much more.

But nice try.

again...Pittsburgh...Pennsylvania...so close enough

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 11:01 AM
posted by vball10set

again...Pittsburgh...Pennsylvania...so close enough

So, if something happens in, say, Wooster, that's "only in Cleveland...", then?

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 11:06 AM
posted by Heretic

So, if something happens in, say, Wooster, that's "only in Cleveland...", then?

to a Pittsburgh fan? hell yes!

BR1986FB

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 2:37 PM

Damn...Aaron Rodgers just got PAID. $80m in the first year of the deal with an average of $33.5m per year.

queencitybuckeye

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 2:56 PM

Jets trade Bridgewater to Saints

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 3:01 PM

QBs on the move today!

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 30, 2018 7:16 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Jets trade Bridgewater to Saints

I bet they cut JT soon. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Thu, Aug 30, 2018 6:46 PM
posted by wildcats20

The guy who reported it has been reporting on the NFL since 2003. Not sure why he would feel the need to make it up. 

And I’m sure there was a car in the caravan of vehicles that he got in and went on his way. 

Also, it just said players were on the bus. Doesn't say the bus was leaving. I read it as the bus was at the team facility and getting ready to leave. TBW had to get off bus and go to car.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Sep 1, 2018 10:42 AM

Raiders traded Khalil Mack to the bears for two first rounders. 

Raiders didn’t want to pay an all pro DE $100M but would give Gruden $100M. Ok..

Iliketurtles

Sat, Sep 1, 2018 12:17 PM

I love this deal for the Bears. That defense is going to have one hell of a pass rush.

Also Corey Coleman released from the Bills.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Sep 1, 2018 2:41 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Raiders didn’t want to pay an all pro DE $100M but would give Gruden $100M. Ok..

What the hell are they thinking 

BR1986FB

Sat, Sep 1, 2018 5:29 PM

Raiders trade a 5th rounder for AJ McCarron....lol

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Sep 1, 2018 5:32 PM

Cowboys cut Dan Bailey. Only the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Sep 1, 2018 5:39 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Bears also got a 2nd rounder back. The Raiders are tards. As mentioned Mccarron, also going to cut Martavis Bryant that they used a 3rd rounder on.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Sep 1, 2018 6:33 PM

Gruden looks like he should still be in the booth. Some baffelling decisions all coming to a head today...and none really in favor of Oakland at all.

thavoice

Sun, Sep 2, 2018 1:45 PM
posted by iclfan2

Bears also got a 2nd rounder back. The Raiders are tards. As mentioned Mccarron, also going to cut Martavis Bryant that they used a 3rd rounder on.

If he wasnt going to be suspended then Bryant can be a very dynamic WR and a good pick up for a 3rd rounder.

I think in 5 years we will look back at this and say the raiders got the better end of the deal.  WIth those additional picks and then not spending 100 plus million dollars on a LB/DE is a good thing for the raiders.    Rams will find their deal with their DL to really hamstring them in a few years.

Giving Gruden the money and not Mack is not apples to apples.  It isnt about the money, they can afford it, it is hamstringing the salary cap in the future.

BR1986FB

Sun, Sep 2, 2018 2:46 PM
posted by thavoice

Rams will find their deal with their DL to really hamstring them in a few years.

Seems like the Rams are paying EVERYBODY on that squad which could make things interesting, assuming Goff continues to progress, when it's time to pay him.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Sep 2, 2018 2:56 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Seems like the Rams are paying EVERYBODY on that squad which could make things interesting, assuming Goff continues to progress, when it's time to pay him.

Personally, I think it's more logical to be paying to have a good support cast of defensive and offensive players than simply throwing obscene amounts of money at mediocre to decent QBs like the Flaccos, Daltons and Cousins of the world. Especially when you consider that 3/4 of the championship week teams were going it with journeyman types and of those three, Foles was the only one that hadn't started most of the year. If Case Keenum and Blake Bortles can lead teams in the AFC/NFC championships, that in itself should tell front office dipshits that its smarter to invest in a balanced team instead of giving out Stafford money to any old Stafford out there. Since those guys are dipshits, it probably won't, but it should.