NBA 2023-24

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 18, 2024 11:53 AM

Kenny Smith doing analysis in studio is top notch. Kenny Smith commenting for a game or contest is horrible.

3-pt contest and skills contest are super fun, imo. They should be the headliners, with dunk leading them off the night. You need there to be tension, and the 3-pt shooting gives you that as the crowd knows exactly what is needed from the players. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 18, 2024 12:00 PM
posted by Laley23

Kenny Smith doing analysis in studio is top notch. Kenny Smith commenting for a game or contest is horrible.

3-pt contest and skills contest are super fun, imo. They should be the headliners, with dunk leading them off the night. You need there to be tension, and the 3-pt shooting gives you that as the crowd knows exactly what is needed from the players. 

I’m not buying the skills contest. Players don’t even know what they are doing and aren’t going full go. Dumb props on the court.

IMO all the props all the virtual stuff on the court all the lights….just takes away from the player and what the hell they are doing.

Celebrity Game… B-

Futures Games… B

Skills Competition…. C-

3 Point Competition… B+

Steph/Sabrina…. A-

Dunk Contest… C

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 18, 2024 12:15 PM

The dunk contest 🤦🏻‍♂️

Quit dunking over people every dunk. There is no creativity. We’ve basically seen it all. Make a change, do something.

Round 1 Rim at 9 feet and all competitors must dunk from the free throw line a la MJ

Rd 2 Rim at 9’6 and all competitors must do some form of a 360 dunk

Rd 3 Rim at 10 ft and all competitors must do the Kenny Sky Walker dunk

Rd 4 Rim at 10’6 and all competitors must do the Dominique

Rd 5 Rim at 11’0 and everyone must do the Spud Webb

Rd 6 Rim at 11’6…..dunkers choice but no fucking props 

Rd 7 and beyond if needed. Rim keeps raising 6 inches until dunker can’t dunk anymore.

Every competitor gets 2 attempts each round….you fail the round and you are out.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 18, 2024 4:32 PM

I didn’t watch any of it, but skills competition should be teams of 2 or 3 and it should involve full court dribbling, passing, and shooting. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 18, 2024 4:36 PM
posted by Laley23

I didn’t watch any of it, but skills competition should be teams of 2 or 3 and it should involve full court dribbling, passing, and shooting. 

It was terrible….players going the wrong way, losing the dribble, going 80%

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 18, 2024 11:08 PM

Lillard is crazy

friendfromlowry

Mon, Feb 19, 2024 7:28 AM

A lot of buzz about how to fix the all star game. Idk if you can. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 26, 2024 8:35 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 29, 2024 1:07 PM

LeBron just killed it in the 4th at the Clippers….led them with 19 pts and 4 assists in the final quarter to erase a 21 pt lead

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 29, 2024 9:24 PM

I assume the most talent ever in a pic during a game

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 1, 2024 12:36 AM

Wilt is probably the player I’d like to go back in time to watch. Back during Covid when there were no sports, NBA league pass had a bunch of old games you could watch and I watched a lot of his. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 1, 2024 12:45 AM

This one is decent.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 1, 2024 1:11 AM

LeBron man, stop it. That chase down of a dunk, followed by a step back 3 in OT was incredible.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 2, 2024 8:36 PM

LeBron is 9 away from 40,000

He also has more career points than Magic and Bird combined 

He also has more points since his last MVP than Tracy McGrady did in his entire career

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 2, 2024 10:46 PM

Fun game to watch. Jokic just ridiculous decision making. You can’t tell if he’s going to hit a tough shot on a double team or sneak it in for the oop…like guessing on what Greg Maddux is throwing next.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 3, 2024 6:29 PM

Warriors were down 82-38 at half and were down 118-62 early in the 4th

The kinda effort you wanna see

Steph was 0/9 from 3 and 2/13 for the game from the field. Scored 4 points

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 3, 2024 8:56 PM

Today Curry and Harden combined to go 2/23 and 0/13 from 3 and combined for 8 points

friendfromlowry

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 10:41 AM

Heading to Pacers - TWolves game tonight and KAT out indefinitely with knee injury.

Also, I always hate realizing it’s a two hour drive to Indianapolis. Wish there was a team closer. 

Automatik

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 10:51 AM

I'm browsing Nugs tickets. I told the fam I would treat them, so I need a 5 pack.

Sunday 1:30 tip vs CLE or a Tuesday evening vs San Antonio?

I want to see Wemby, but he's currently hurt. The Cavs tickets are slightly more, but not by much. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 11:00 AM
posted by Automatik

I'm browsing Nugs tickets. I told the fam I would treat them, so I need a 5 pack.

Sunday 1:30 tip vs CLE or a Tuesday evening vs San Antonio?

I want to see Wemby, but he's currently hurt. The Cavs tickets are slightly more, but not by much. 

That Tuesday/Spurs game is April 2nd? Unless he really fucked up the ankle he should be back by then. You definitely have to see him given the chance. Spurs play three times over the next five days so if you can wait a few days his injury status should clear up, but I don’t think his injury was that severe.

My plan was to see him when they played at Indianapolis back in November but it was a back to back for San Antonio and I was worried they’d rest him. 

Automatik

Thu, Mar 7, 2024 11:16 AM

Yeah the 2nd. Cavs are the Sunday before. I'm tracking Gametime like a hawk. 

I kinda prefer the Sunday game so I can imbibe more. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Mar 8, 2024 9:46 PM

I’m trying to watching this 4th qtr of the Cavs/TWolves but Monica McNutt is NOT a good listen.