Thu, Dec 14, 2023 2:10 AM

So many possessions where the defense doesn’t even try

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Dec 20, 2023 11:10 PM

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Dec 23, 2023 2:10 PM

So, now that their losing streak is at 25 games, I guess it's time to have a fun discussion about the Detroit Pistons.

Namely:

1. Will they ever win another game? If so, who will be the utterly humiliated victim? I thought Utah, playing without half their team, would be as good a chance as they have, but they lost that one.

2. When the season is over, where will they rank as far as Worst Pro Sports Teams Of All Time? Looks like in 2011-12, Charlotte was 7-59 in a lockout shortened year. Detroit would have to pick up the pace to hit that win percentage!

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 23, 2023 5:52 PM

It’s crazy they started the season 2-1 and then would lose at least the next 25 straight.  

Bold prediction: they beat Brooklyn Tuesday. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 23, 2023 6:20 PM
posted by Heretic

So, now that their losing streak is at 25 games, I guess it's time to have a fun discussion about the Detroit Pistons.

Namely:

1. Will they ever win another game? If so, who will be the utterly humiliated victim? I thought Utah, playing without half their team, would be as good a chance as they have, but they lost that one.

2. When the season is over, where will they rank as far as Worst Pro Sports Teams Of All Time? Looks like in 2011-12, Charlotte was 7-59 in a lockout shortened year. Detroit would have to pick up the pace to hit that win percentage!

I thought Philly had like a 9-72 season? I’m out in the NBA trivia so I could be way off with the wrong team lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 23, 2023 6:23 PM

Nope, nailed it….just bad math or memory thinking 81 games not 82

friendfromlowry

Tue, Dec 26, 2023 7:11 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

It’s crazy they started the season 2-1 and then would lose at least the next 25 straight.  

Bold prediction: they beat Brooklyn Tuesday. 

Here we go. Let’s shock the world. 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Dec 26, 2023 9:48 PM

Blah. They lost. Losers. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Dec 26, 2023 10:17 PM

Blah. They lost. Losers. 

I had my Vinnie Johnson jersey on  but it wasn’t enough

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 28, 2023 5:04 PM

I hate the Jordan/LeBron/Kobe/Curry comparison crap on FB/X etc….but this made me lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 28, 2023 5:21 PM

Hey friendfromlowry…. This stat is tremendous 

The Diamondbacks have won a game more recently than the Pistons

It doesn’t even sound real lol

friendfromlowry

Fri, Dec 29, 2023 12:38 AM
posted by Ironman92

Hey friendfromlowry…. This stat is tremendous 

The Diamondbacks have won a game more recently than the Pistons

It doesn’t even sound real lol

Yeah that’s a popular one. It’s probably been a full two months.

They were up 19 at halftime tonight, and then scored was tied going into the 4th. Ended up losing in overtime. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Yeah that’s a popular one. It’s probably been a full two months.

They were up 19 at halftime tonight, and then scored was tied going into the 4th. Ended up losing in overtime. 

My son was giving me updates….he was watching updates closely

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 29, 2023 8:53 PM

I play the immaculate grid everyday….I rock the baseball one and always play the basketball and football ones but am not good, usually only get about 5 or 6….on basketball today it was Atlanta Hawks and Hall of Fame….as I go easy and say Dominique I then check all possible answers and see Tracy McGrady??? Now I know he was incredible for some years and about a 7-8x all-star….but he never even hit 20,000 points. I just don’t remember him being inducted.

friendfromlowry

Fri, Dec 29, 2023 9:08 PM

Everyone and their brother gets into the basketball hall of fame. You’re probably in there.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 29, 2023 9:15 PM

Everyone and their brother gets into the basketball hall of fame. You’re probably in there.

Lol you’ve never seen me dribble

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Dec 29, 2023 10:27 PM

Man, T-Mac was short stint, but he was a HOFer. Best 2-guard for a 5 year stretch. Though Kobe has an argument. Probably a top-25 all time PEAK.

He was an unreal scorer, maybe the best we had seen up until that point. Just seemed effortless for him to get a shot off anywhere — KD before KD. 

If he played now, in the advanced stats era, he’d be regarded a lot higher also. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 29, 2023 11:07 PM
posted by Laley23

Man, T-Mac was short stint, but he was a HOFer. Best 2-guard for a 5 year stretch. Though Kobe has an argument. Probably a top-25 all time PEAK.

He was an unreal scorer, maybe the best we had seen up until that point. Just seemed effortless for him to get a shot off anywhere — KD before KD. 

If he played now, in the advanced stats era, he’d be regarded a lot higher also. 

Never a top 3 MVP (if I read it correctly) only a 2x 1st team all-NBA. Never had a season after age 28 where he scored 16 ppg….and only 1 where he was double digits ppg.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 8:09 AM

He should’ve won MVP once and been second another time. And probably 3rd another. Like I said, he was too early for appreciation.

Got hurt in his prime and never recovered. He was better, for longer, than Grant Hill. But no one questions that because Grant was successful at Duke also. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 11:55 AM
posted by Laley23

He should’ve won MVP once and been second another time. And probably 3rd another. Like I said, he was too early for appreciation.

Got hurt in his prime and never recovered. He was better, for longer, than Grant Hill. But no one questions that because Grant was successful at Duke also. 

I wouldn’t have Grant in the Hall for his NBA career (and Grant Hill is one of my all-time favorites)

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 1:49 PM
posted by Ironman92

I wouldn’t have Grant in the Hall for his NBA career (and Grant Hill is one of my all-time favorites)

I think baseball is way too strict. Not that everyone should be in like basketball who lets too many in cause they count HS, College, International, NBA, and post NBA accolades (like Dumars as GM, coaches, etc.).

But you absolutely cannot tell the history of the NBA without T-Mac and Grant Hill — which to me is the main reason to put someone on the pedestal of HOF.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 2:23 PM

Toronto, who plays Detroit in a few hours, just traded a couple guys to NY Knicks. Come on Detroit, this was already a good chance for you, and it just got slightly easier. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 2:23 PM

I could tell the history of baseball without mentioning Jim Kaat

I do agree that basketball is too easy…counting college success really seems silly to me….and baseball is a bit too difficult. I don’t think football is the best either.

McGrady feels like a borderline either way HOF type…not a lock to me. I’m surprised he’s in and after delving into his stats I’m really not any more convinced. At his peak he was a HOF type for sure, just don’t know how long that needs to last.

And in today’s game of fake stats it’s hard to tell what his numbers would be.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 3:53 PM

I’m also impressionable, T-Mac was n my early teens/formidable years. Very nostalgic looking back. But I probably watch his 13 points in 33 seconds every year. I will never forget watching that game live with friends while playing poker in high school. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 30, 2023 4:45 PM
posted by Laley23

I’m also impressionable, T-Mac was n my early teens/formidable years. Very nostalgic looking back. But I probably watch his 13 points in 33 seconds every year. I will never forget watching that game live with friends while playing poker in high school. 

Maybe the craziest thing I’ve ever seen in the NBA