College Football 2021

Home Forums Sports

friendfromlowry

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 6:38 PM

I can’t remember watching Alabama look so awful.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 6:39 PM

They’re still playing Georgia next week win or lose today, but their playoff chances are over (if they lose today) even if they win next week right?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 6:49 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

They’re still playing Georgia next week win or lose today, but their playoff chances are over (if they lose today) even if they win next week right?

I would HOPE that would keep them out. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 6:52 PM

Nice 4th down stop. Hopefully Auburn can refrain from fucking this up.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 7:07 PM

Welp, they fucked it up.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 7:23 PM
posted by justincredible

Welp, they fucked it up.

Indeed. Auburn looked good for a sec. OSU game was pretty bad, couldn’t get a stop to save their lives. And some of the run calls were questionable. Oh well, hope Michigan gets destroyed in one of the next two games. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 27, 2021 8:30 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Bama beats Georgia and UC or OK St or UM or ND lose…hell Bama could still be the 2-3 seed lol

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Nov 28, 2021 9:43 AM
posted by Ironman92

Michigan was nearly perfect in execution and easily won the LOS

Day coming out of half down 1 with the ball……you defer to the second half because you are going to have stuff ready for a big TD to keep that momentum….then run 3 plays and punt? Awful….killed their chdnces

That was my opinion, too. The offense was moving somewhat towards the end of the first half and it was mainly because Stroud was picking it up and hitting throws. So, they completely went away from that to open the second half to establish the run. Yeah, no. Three straight runs works when either the first or second results in a first down. Not even trying to throw the ball in that situation was just stupid. Not as stupid as the defensive effort in the second half, but still, very stupid.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Nov 28, 2021 1:34 PM

Got to hand it to Michigan - great game plan and terrific execution. And just when I start to want to feel happy for them, Harbaugh says of Ryan Day “some guys were born on third and think they hit a triple”.  Plenty of history has shown he’s a horrible loser. Now we see he’s a horrible winner too. 

I hope they draw Georgia in the playoff and get curb stomped. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Nov 28, 2021 1:37 PM

Prediction:

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Michigan
4. Cincinnati

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Nov 28, 2021 2:24 PM
posted by justincredible

Prediction:

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Michigan
4. Cincinnati

Two loss Alabama or one loss Georgia?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Nov 28, 2021 2:49 PM

That was a prediction for this week.

Final standings prediction:

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Notre Dame

or, if we want to get crazy:

1. Georgia
2. Cincinnati
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma State

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 28, 2021 3:51 PM

Riley to USC? Seems odd

bigorangebuck22

Sun, Nov 28, 2021 11:25 PM

Prediction for this week

Georgia

Michigan

Cincinnati

Oklahoma St.

I hope they all lose. Let chaos reign.

Fletch

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 6:35 AM

Boy an 8 team playoff would be nice right bie

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 7:37 AM
posted by Ironman92

Riley to USC? Seems odd

Easier route to CFP: Oklahoma in SEC or USC in PAC 12 ?  I think that is the reason he took the job.  

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 10:22 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Easier route to CFP: Oklahoma in SEC or USC in PAC 12 ?  I think that is the reason he took the job.  

Also, LA>Norman. I don't think people remember this is a job too. If I can live in LA or Flyover, I'm taking LA. Particularly when the football element is about equal

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 10:54 AM
posted by Laley23

Also, LA>Norman. I don't think people remember this is a job too. If I can live in LA or Flyover, I'm taking LA. Particularly when the football element is about equal

That could be a factor as well.  For me, it'd be: Virtually anyplace in the US > LA.  But different strokes for different folks.  

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 10:55 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

That could be a factor as well.  For me, it'd be: Virtually anyplace in the US > LA.  But different strokes for different folks.  

LA is great when your making money, though. You don't have to deal with the other shit about the place.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 11:09 AM

USC staying relevant has been a long time ago it seems….Oklahoma maybe was heading down but they’ve been there forever.

Lincoln knows what he’s doing….I’m sure he’s controlled the behind the scenes stuff too. He’ll make a fortune, he’ll be fine…..but USC isn’t the definite path to Riley being near the top for a long time IMO

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 11:52 AM

Had to be as shitty a weekend as Oklahoma's had in ages. Lose the rivalry game to get knocked out of conference championship game, coach leaves, high-rated commits re-open recruiting.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 11:54 AM
posted by Ironman92

USC staying relevant has been a long time ago it seems….Oklahoma maybe was heading down but they’ve been there forever.

Lincoln knows what he’s doing….I’m sure he’s controlled the behind the scenes stuff too. He’ll make a fortune, he’ll be fine…..but USC isn’t the definite path to Riley being near the top for a long time IMO

He's got some major talent coming his way, if you assume all the SoCal guys he has going to OU switch to USC. 

Last time USC was good, though, they were THE SHOW in town. Since then, 2 NFL franchises have come to town, so it will be interesting. I do still think it will be easier to win there than Oklahoma in the SEC. Problem is, might not be able to sneak in with 1 loss in the P12 like you can in SEC.

Trueblue23

BASEDgod

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 6:22 PM

Suck it Buckeyes.  Go Blue.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 6:30 PM
posted by Trueblue23

Is this the first time you could say that since jjhuddle?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Nov 29, 2021 9:10 PM
posted by Trueblue23

3-17 over past twenty years.