College Football 2021

Home Forums Sports

Al Bundy

Sun, Sep 19, 2021 8:05 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Maybe I'm reading into things, but the empty seats at Ohio Stadium were sure telling.  I was born in Columbus in 1970 and have attended numerous games, and I don't remember ever seeing attendance this low (obviously last year doesn't count).  These universities can expect a lot more of this if they keep jacking up ticket prices for games no one gives two shits about.  Serves them right.  I love college football, but honest to God the schools are their own worst enemies.  Their greed for everything is probably going to lead to an NFL-lite looking concept in another 10 years.  Well OSU athletic department wisemen, pick out a sweet list of techno songs to blast out during breaks in next week's excuse for drinking - I mean Akron - game. 

I love college football, but there are just too many bad games. With conferences getting so large, you are guaranteed to have several weak conference opponents. They never seem to schedule more than one quality non-conference opponent any longer. I'll still watch, but a month of playing Tulsa, Akron, Rutgers, and Maryland doesn't excite me.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Sep 19, 2021 8:32 PM
posted by Al Bundy

I love college football, but there are just too many bad games. With conferences getting so large, you are guaranteed to have several weak conference opponents. They never seem to schedule more than one quality non-conference opponent any longer. I'll still watch, but a month of playing Tulsa, Akron, Rutgers, and Maryland doesn't excite me.

Agreed.  And there is no way I'd pay $500 for a family of four to attend a game like those.  They using an NFLesque approach to pricing normal people out.  Damn shame.  

sportchampps

Sun, Sep 19, 2021 10:49 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Agreed.  And there is no way I'd pay $500 for a family of four to attend a game like those.  They using an NFLesque approach to pricing normal people out.  Damn shame.  

What’s sad is a family of four coulda went to the Tulsa game for just over $150 if they bought tickets from Stubhub the day of the game. Tickets were as low as $20-30. 

I’m pretty sure they didn’t sell out the Oregon game either with the lowest face value to the public being $160

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Sep 20, 2021 10:57 AM
posted by sportchampps

What’s sad is a family of four coulda went to the Tulsa game for just over $150 if they bought tickets from Stubhub the day of the game. Tickets were as low as $20-30. 

I’m pretty sure they didn’t sell out the Oregon game either with the lowest face value to the public being $160

For the Oregon game, Buckeye Sports Bulletin all but said in one of the editorials that they were convinced OSU fudged the attendance numbers because they didn't want any "big game, but still less than 100K in the stands" news coming out. When the homer "for the fans" publication is saying that, it REALLY gives the impression that the number in the stands and the released attendance figures were not the same.

Fletch

Mon, Sep 20, 2021 11:04 AM

Likely the reason why the state health department announced last week that outdoor events didnt spread the covid

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Sep 25, 2021 8:30 PM

Still not great… but OK vs Akron 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Sep 25, 2021 8:44 PM

Go read the comments from the amateur QB coaches and defensive coordinators on 11 Warriors. Took until 5 minutes in for them to call for Day’s job. 

sportchampps

Sat, Sep 25, 2021 10:43 PM

So Which QB does everyone prefer? I think Miller might throw the nicest ball of the 3.

superman

Sat, Sep 25, 2021 11:26 PM

K'veon Pope apparently quit in the middle of the game. Crazy. 

sportchampps

Sun, Sep 26, 2021 12:36 AM
posted by superman

K'veon Pope apparently quit in the middle of the game. Crazy. 

He tweeted Fuccc  Ohio State and deleted it to.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Sep 26, 2021 12:39 PM
posted by sportchampps

So Which QB does everyone prefer? I think Miller might throw the nicest ball of the 3.

After a weak start, I thought McCord looked really good. Seemed to have jitters early on with some passes that made early-game-Stroud look accurate, but after that, he was really accurate and made some nice plays. But that's one of those games that's hard to tell, since Akron might be the absolute rock bottom of FBS football and probably would struggle to go .500 with a FCS schedule. Was good to see them get a ton of players into the game, though.

Oh, as for Pope, dude wasn't good enough to get regular PT throughout his career and, if he wasn't able to this year, after they graduated about every LB that got a lot of time, no big loss. And if he's acting like that, addition by subtraction. If for no other reason, spelling "luck" and "fuck" as "lucc" and "fucc". That shit's CC-level stupid!

sportchampps

Sun, Sep 26, 2021 9:35 PM
posted by superman

What player was it that they paid?;

It was a walk on who was hurt. The funny thing is he got caught bc while he was hurt he was watching film with the side of the ball he doesn’t play on. 

Al Bundy

Sat, Oct 2, 2021 4:59 PM

The Buckeyes finally put it together and looked prepared from the start of game. 

rip34

Sat, Oct 2, 2021 7:38 PM

Oregon trying to give one away at the end of the game

superman

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 10:14 AM
posted by rip34

Oregon trying to give one away at the end of the game

And they did it. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Oct 3, 2021 11:01 AM

Cincinnati wins the 2021 award for Team Who Exposes Notre Dame As Frauds...Again.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Oct 9, 2021 10:03 PM

Alabama probably won’t lose, but if they do does UC slide into the top 3? That’d be something. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Oct 9, 2021 11:26 PM

Bama wasn’t set on that last TD but doubt it would’ve mattered. Bama locked in and moving at will now

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Oct 9, 2021 11:34 PM

A&M matches the TD but the QB is down and it doesn’t look good. 

gut

Sat, Oct 9, 2021 11:35 PM

Anyone see the Iowa DB that got hurt?  Made an unbelievable diving interception, jumped up and started dancing around celebrating - and blew out his knee.  He didn't do anything abnormal or obnoxious, just really bad luck.  Maybe he did hurt it diving and it took a few seconds for the adrenaline to wear off.

That's how it looked, anyway.  Didn't pay attention to any update.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Oct 9, 2021 11:41 PM

A&M a huge stop….first down and driving

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Oct 9, 2021 11:48 PM

What a game. 

superman

Sun, Oct 10, 2021 12:28 AM

Great day of College Football.