Cleveland Cavalier 2017-2018 Season

Home Forums Sports

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:26 AM

Let's be honest, though... While I feel bad for Lebron (and Love) that they have to do all the work, GM-LBJ is sleeping in the bed that he made.  This is the team that he created.  

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:27 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Just stating what I see. Apparently, I'm not the only one that sees it. Call me "Negative Nancy" all you want but some of you are delusional with this belief that Lebron will be Superman forever. The past does not dictate the future, especially at his age, all the tread he has worn off the tires, and the crap he has supporting him. If the "don't bet against LBJ in a game 7" had been thrown out 2 years ago, I'd agree but he has K-Love, and that's about it, helping him. At some point, he's not going to be able to put these scrubs on his back and carry them.

They get credit when they do well and called out when they don't. Just call em' like I see em', objectively....not from a blind homer point of view.

Why didn’t you “call it like you see it” after games 3 and 4? You were nowhere to be found after two cavs blowouts. Now ONE game later after a loss, LBJ is gassed and past performance doesn’t predict future results? Lol ok. 

BR1986FB

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:34 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Why didn’t you “call it like you see it” after games 3 and 4? You were nowhere to be found after two cavs blowouts. Now ONE game later after a loss, LBJ is gassed and past performance doesn’t predict future results? Lol ok. 

What "blowouts?" They had a game 3 blowout. Bravo ! They were doing what they were supposed to do (hold serve) on their home court after getting embarrassed by a team (Boston) that did what they were supposed to do (hold serve) on their home court.

If you don't think he was gassed last night, your wine & gold goggles are thicker than I thought. And just because, in seasons past, Lebron came to save the day, doesn't mean it will happen this time. The group he is working with right now might be as bad as the Ira Newble/Boobie Gibson days.

The fact that he has to put up 40+ point triple doubles to get this team a win says a lot about what he's working with. At least before Kyrie could take up the slack, with Love (and sometimes JR) maybe pitching in. Now Love shows up about every third game and JR has gone awol.

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:35 AM

To add on the Lue hate real quick, I couldn’t believe he sat Love after his second foul. Love looked incredible to start the game, which almost never happens. It finally happens where he looks like he’s got it going, and Lue sits him for the next 12 game minutes?! You get 6 fouls in the NBA, let him fucking play, Lue! I get benching him for foul problems if he’s not really doing much, but he was the only one who was playing well and he sits him because he’s 4 fouls away from fouling out. Smh

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:38 AM
posted by BR1986FB

What "blowouts?" They had a game 3 blowout. Bravo ! They were doing what they were supposed to do (hold serve) on their home court after getting embarrassed by a team (Boston) that did what they were supposed to do (hold serve) on their home court.

If you don't think he was gassed last night, your wine & gold goggles are thicker than I thought. And just because, in seasons past, Lebron came to save the day, doesn't mean it will happen this time. The group he is working with right now might be as bad as the Ira Newble/Boobie Gibson days.

The fact that he has to put up 40+ point triple doubles to get this team a win says a lot about what he's working with. At least before Kyrie could take up the slack, with Love (and sometimes JR) maybe pitching in. Now Love shows up about every third game and JR has gone awol.

You are so fucking dramatic. Just stop posting, you’re a miserable sports fan. 

BR1986FB

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:45 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

You are so fucking dramatic. Just stop posting, you’re a miserable sports fan. 

LOL...and who's being dramatic? Can't post an opinion without you getting sand in your vag.

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:47 AM
posted by BR1986FB

LOL...and who's being dramatic? Can't post an opinion without you getting sand in your vag.

Not at all. You just only have your “opinion” after they lose. Not even a cavs fan lol 

BR1986FB

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:53 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Not at all. You just only have your “opinion” after they lose. Not even a cavs fan lol 

Haha...have been a Cavs fan long before you were even a itch in your daddy's shorts. You just get butthurt when someone isn't fawning all over them and is critical, then throw your hissy.

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:56 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Haha...have been a Cavs fan long before you were even a itch in your daddy's shorts. You just get butthurt when someone isn't fawning all over them and is critical, then throw your hissy.

All that means is you’re an old non-cavs fan. Congrats on being such a miserable sports fan that you can’t even call yourself a fan anymore!

BR1986FB

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:58 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

All that means is you’re an old non-cavs fan. Congrats on being such a miserable sports fan that you can’t even call yourself a fan anymore!

Weak. I've had to suffer through more misery, than good, with this franchise so don't tell me who's a "fan" and who isn't, your blindness. Can't help it I don't slobber all over them blindly, like you.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, May 24, 2018 9:59 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

To add on the Lue hate real quick, I couldn’t believe he sat Love after his second foul. Love looked incredible to start the game, which almost never happens. It finally happens where he looks like he’s got it going, and Lue sits him for the next 12 game minutes?! You get 6 fouls in the NBA, let him fucking play, Lue! I get benching him for foul problems if he’s not really doing much, but he was the only one who was playing well and he sits him because he’s 4 fouls away from fouling out. Smh

I wouldn’t sit him if he picked up 2 in the first minute. He’s a veteran. He knows how to play in foul trouble. Which, by the way, 2 fouls is not in foul trouble. I don’t understand it. Even in college, 2 fouls and you’re coming out. Let your guys play. 

BRF

Thu, May 24, 2018 10:10 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I've seen absolutely no one make that prediction. 

I was just musing. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, May 24, 2018 10:14 AM
posted by wildcats20

I wouldn’t sit him if he picked up 2 in the first minute. He’s a veteran. He knows how to play in foul trouble. Which, by the way, 2 fouls is not in foul trouble. I don’t understand it. Even in college, 2 fouls and you’re coming out. Let your guys play. 

Right...makes zero sense. But Lue gonna Lue. 

QuakerOats

Thu, May 24, 2018 11:25 AM

They play like they are hoping to win, instead of knowing they will win.  Starts with the HC; zero fire in addition to zero acumen.  

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 24, 2018 12:24 PM

Imagine Brad Stevens coaching LeBron. 2 titles, at least, in Cleveland this go round.

ppaw1999

Thu, May 24, 2018 1:35 PM
posted by BR1986FB

LBJ is gassed. Even Lue said it after the game. I'm just hoping his mindset was "screw this, nobody else is showing up so I'll conserve my energy for game 6 & 7." Didn't have an issue with him being tired after game 7 of the Indy series but he's got at least one more game left in this series with only a day to rest.

The pathetic part about last night is that the Cavs got beat by a team that shot 36% from the field. Kind of gives you a feel for the turds he's (Lebron) playing with.

posted by vball10set

big time--he looked like a whipped puppy last night

There must have been 5 or 6 plays where Lebron stopped to jaw at the refs while the Celtics took the ball up the court and scored. Either gassed or really dumb non-defense.

BR1986FB

Thu, May 24, 2018 1:39 PM
posted by ppaw1999

posted by vball10set

big time--he looked like a whipped puppy last night

There must have been 5 or 6 plays where Lebron stopped to jaw at the refs while the Celtics took the ball up the court and scored. Either gassed or really dumb non-defense.

If he is gassed (for sure), who is going to blame him? The dude has probably played the equivalent of 18-19 seasons between preseason, regular season, playoffs and the Olympics since he's become a pro. Not to mention he gets more of the "Hack A Shaq" rules when it comes to fouls than the Jordan Rules so there's even more wear & tear. Also add in he's pretty much a one man band with limited to no support. The fact that he can still do it at such a high level is amazing.

My comments on his being gassed are no slight on his excellence. It's his damn supporting group that won't give him a break so he can be more effective. At some point, something's got to give.

ppaw1999

Thu, May 24, 2018 1:41 PM
posted by Laley23

Imagine Brad Stevens coaching LeBron. 2 titles, at least, in Cleveland this go round.

Maybe the Cavs could do a sign and trade. LeBron to the Celtics, Irving to the Spurs and Leonard to the Cavs. The Cavs could also offer to pay half of RJ's salary and throw in a draft pick if someone would just take him. :D

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 24, 2018 2:29 PM

Last time I went out of the country during the Cavs playoff run, they were down 2-1 to GSW and came back to win in 7. I fully expect them to win it all, since I just got to France yesterday.

Also, Tribe started a 10-0 run that year...2-0 this year...lol

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, May 24, 2018 2:57 PM

Nice humble-brag, Laley.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, May 24, 2018 3:42 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Nice humble-brag, Laley.

Isn’t this the “crowning achievement” thread????

BRF

Thu, May 24, 2018 5:12 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I've seen absolutely no one make that prediction. 

Looks like Laley did. 

QuakerOats

Fri, May 25, 2018 4:06 PM

Well, what's going to happen tonight?

slingshot4ever

Fri, May 25, 2018 4:58 PM

Cavs win by double digits...LBJ goes for 43,14,10 in his last home game in a Cavs uniform

kizer permanente

Fri, May 25, 2018 9:09 PM

Kevin Love has gotta be the softest player I’ve ever seen. It’s elimination game you puss.